Fan Clubs (beta)

What are you playing?

King

Lately, I've been playing the Beta of Pokemon Revolution Online. Since it's a Beta, the game is still a little rough around the edges and the servers go down every now and then, but it's still a lot of fun. Plus, it's free so that's always good.

I was playing Overwatch every now and then, but it's not just a game I'm dying to play. The next game I'm looking forward to is Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Onslaught316
Lately, I've been playing the Beta of Pokemon Revolution Online. Since it's a Beta, the game is still a little rough around the edges and the servers go down every now and then, but it's still a lot of fun. Plus, it's free so that's always good.

I was playing Overwatch every now and then, but it's not just a game I'm dying to play. The next game I'm looking forward to is Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Thanks for the reminder on Revolution, I had been meaning to keep my eye on that but it slipped off my radar.

I just started up Far Cry Primal. As someone who hasn't played any Far Cry games, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Really love the environment and the random encounters with wildlife and such. I can see it getting very repetitive, but I'm sure I'll get a solid 20-30 hours out of it at this point.

It'll be done before you hit 20 hours, it is not that long a game, it is basically a reskin of Far Cry 4 or so it felt when I cleared it after Christmas.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun little blast but it was just a small blast.

Been playing Battleborn and JESUS the missions are long. Not quite sure how I feel about it yet, part of me is just wishing they just made Borderlands 3.

Guest Onslaught316

Yeah I'm seeing what you're saying as I play - can definitely tell that the amount of effort put into a mainline franchise installment wasn't here. I'm over halfway done the main storyline it seems, and I've only put 4-5 hours into it probably? Thankfully a lot of the side stuff is fun enough. Solid game, not upset I put time into it, but my initial hype is wearing off a bit.

Battleborn is such an interesting case. Got blown out by Overwatch and while I feel like no one has said anything great about it, no one has really trashed it either. It might be the biggest example of a mainstream game kind of just being there. It exists. That's about all there is to say, it seems. Agree about Borderlands 3.

See I had a look at Overwatch and I dismissed it because it is people versus people in multiplayer matches and that is supposed to be the storymode. There is no true single player in the game at all and I hate that. It is the reason I disliked Titanfall so much, I couldn't just have a one person experience.

If games like Red Dead, GTA V, Borderlands and others can give you both a single player and a multiplayer games with depth then why can't others. I expect better from Blizzard, I really do.

Battleborn feels like it wants to be Destiny and Borderlands at the same time and a lot of the humor in the game is very Borderlands like but because it is not in that universe it kinda comes across weird. Except when I meant a dude called Geoff who believes he is a spider. he was damn funny.

Guest Onslaught316

I'll certainly be picking Battleborn up once it price-drops enough. It just wasn't something that interested me enough regardless of its unfortunate launch situation (felt the same way about Overwatch for what it's worth, won't be getting that for months as well).

I totally understand your point about multiplayer only though. I barely ever touch online multiplayer, so Star Wars Battlefront was a bummer for me. I ended up grabbing it for $15 off a Gamefly sale and enjoyed the multiplayer far more than I expected to. Would have been miffed if I ended up dropping the full price at launch though.

• 4 weeks later...

Dead Island: The Definite Edition. Basically its a remaster of both DI and DI: Riptide for the X-Box One. I never got round to playing either the first time round on the 360 so I am actually enjoying this and the fact I got two full games for £20.

I have the last stage of Quantum Break to finish off as well, Battleborn to finish (up to the last level), DLC to play on Fallout 4, the last episode of Walking Dead: Michonne, the last part of Tales of the Borderlands and I have given up on Homefront: The Revolution. There is a good idea in there, its just wrapped in a very broken game.

• 1 month later...

Just been pottering through Witcher III, only 90 years after it came out. Good game though with several surprising Tarantino references in there despite it being based on a polish series of fantasy books.

Been doing a lot of Pokemon Go with Becki. We are level 25 right now and have 105 Pokemon in the Dex.

Completed Shadows of Mordor and its DLC, tried the new Mirrors Edge (it sucked), have Rainbow Six: Siege sat there ready to play, Assisians Creed: Chronicles as well and just got Worms: WMD and Madden 17. I still play too many games.

Gamerscore update: 188,000 or thereabouts.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BurntMushroom
Addicted to GTA V Online at the moment. Its seriously some of the most fun I've ever had in any game. Playing with your friend(s) all in the same car, cruising, shooting people, robbing stores, evading the cops. Its amazing.

I've got Forza Horizon 3, Batman: A Telltale Series, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the end of Witcher 3, Rainbow Six: Siege, Madden 17 and the last few missions of Worms: WMD to play through at the moment.

That's before FIFA 17 comes out, as well as tonnes of other good stuff like WWE2K17, Gears 4, South Park: The Fractured But Whole and all that jazz in the run up to Christmas.

My thumbs are going to be aching in joy.