Fan Clubs (beta)

Online reviews

Guest Eversleigh

Guest Eversleigh
Do you review the products you buy, the places you visit, and the services you use, etc.? I leave reviews for sellers when I remember to do so, but that's about it. I recently read an article about the continued rise of fake reviews, so good on you if you're taking the time to leave an informative write-up.

Well to an extent, yea it's subjective. But what's not subjective is if something has a reputation for breaking, or if it doesn't come with the parts that it should, or how easy it works. But that's the context needed behind stuff I buy.

Books, movies, snacks, all that is very subjective based on your personal preference :P So that makes sense.

I've gotten jaded from the fake (or at least fake-sounding) reviews out there. Some staff at my former job posted glowing five-star reports about the company to offset its one- and two-star reviews, some of which could also be fake. That ramped up my distrust of star-rating sites even more.

Guest RegentLennox
I think looking for negative reviews before buying a product or service is a good way to filter out the fake ones. They may be harder to find but are generally more believable. Dissatisfied customers tend to be brutally honest.

I never leave reviews for any products I buy because I am so careful about what I share considering that online privacy is becoming such an elusive thing in this day and age. Interestingly, I always head to the reviews section before making a purchasing decision.