Fan Clubs | beta

best rapper

Guest MartynJ

who the best/fav rapper  

20 members have voted

1. 1. who the best/fav rapper

Guest MartynJ
who's the best rapper then fell rap junkies i vote 2pac easily, eminem came in a close second becoz of his speed at rapping but the 2pac tracks are just classics so he gets my vote, i could only put 4 on the list but put down any others u think they are the best or if there your favs Edited by MartynJ

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MartynJ
Were's Dr.Dre' date=' Ice Cube and Xzibit?[/quote']

i didnt mean it to be a poll at first coz i could only add4 but just add who ever ya fave is or who you thinks the best and ill add up who has the most later

Guest BWS Soldier
i voted for 2 Pac but i also think if you could do it then Xzibit, 50 Cent, Dr Dre and Notorious B.I.G should be added to the list but I think 2 Pac is excellent

There are so many rappers that have been left off that list, was that done on purpose?

I would like to just look at a couple of rappers who are both very good, but differ in style.

Nelly may not be the most liked rapper around, but he has talents that many other do not. For example Nelly can rap extremely well with hard and heavy lyrics along with lighter ones. But that isnt it, he can also sing. Yes you read that right, he can sing, not too many rappers around these days can do both without sounding really crap, but Nelly has proven he can do it again and again. But i am not saying he is the best rapper, not yet.

Busta Rhymes is an extremely fast rapper, he has the talent and ability to rap faster than nearly anyone out there (except maybe Twista) yet still allow you to understand every single word that comes out of his mouth. Although he raps mainly about the good things in life, he can also change the mood without it diversely affecting his style of rapping.

Tupac Shakur was a very aggressive rapper who also showed his softer side in some tracks (much like Eminem does now), the main factor behind what they say is how they dealt with the crap that life threw at them, but they can also reflect on the good that it has brought. Tupac was a varied artist who also made the jump to acting (as as Ice Cube) which many beleive made him a complete entertainer, and he may have been if his life would have continued to this day.

Thats just a few examples, but the best rapper is yet to be found as they would be able to excel no matter what they put out. Whether it be softer rap tracks, hardcore/underground rap tracks, or even actually singing, they should be able to perform to the highest standard in each.

Guest MartynJ
no Alan i didnt do it on purpose, i wasnt realy trying to do a poll becoz like u said theres too many i just wanted to find out who ppl thought was the best or fav rapper, but i must have click on poll coz when id finished writing it it gave me 4 poll places to fill in so i just threw a few names in but yeah im intrested to see wat u people think about rap, coz im a bit of a rap/hiphop junkie

Guest Anime Otaku
why is John Cena on there instead of Xzibit, KRS-1, LLcoolJ, Canibus, Biggie, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z or Twista, nelly, lil kim, foxy brown..... shall i continue?

Guest MartynJ
why is John Cena on there instead of Xzibit' date=' KRS-1, LLcoolJ, Canibus, Biggie, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z or Twista, nelly, lil kim, foxy brown..... shall i continue?[/quote']

ive already explained above it wasnt intended to be poll, i threw john cena in for a joke

Tupac Shakur was a very aggressive rapper who also showed his softer side in some tracks (much like Eminem does now)' date=' the main factor behind what they say is how they dealt with the crap that life threw at them, but they can also reflect on the good that it has brought. Tupac was a varied artist who also made the jump to acting (as as Ice Cube) which many beleive made him a complete entertainer, and he may have been if his life would have continued to this day.[/quote']

Tupac's life was full of cr@p only because he brought it upon himself. He does not deserve credit as an artist who documents hard times because, much like Ice Cube, his life was relatively sheltered.

Guest MartynJ
Tupac's life was full of cr@p only because he brought it upon himself. He does not deserve credit as an artist who documents hard times because' date=' much like Ice Cube, his life was relatively sheltered.[/quote']

i dont know much about his life at the moment im researching his life story but as a rapper, i thought he was good, ive got all his albums some songs are among my favs, as for ice cube i thought he was a good rapper when he was in the nwa, and ive got his greatest hits albulm and i think thats ok too, but again i dont know much about his life only as a artist

He was born in jail - his mother Afeni Shakur was a member of the Black Panther Party which got her jailed. Started life in New York, went to the School of Performing Arts and learner Ballet. Yes, ballet. Went to Baltimore, I believe, before going west and hooking up with Digital Underground as one of their dancers. He did a couple of tunes with them before going solo and putting out 2pacalypse Now. It was around the time of Juice (where he played Bishop) that he became truely enamoured with the "Gangsta" image and that is what, ultimately, got him killed.

Tupac off the list.

I agree with AC about him though, he wasnt a gangster. He based him being a ni**a on him being beaten up by cops?? That doesnt mean he had a hard life etc but I still love his work. Doesnt matter to me if its real or flase, I like it and him.

Other rappers who should be there are Biggie, Dre, DMX, Jay-Z, Krazie Bone, Nas, LL Cool J, Marley Marl, Eazy E (see avatar) etc

Not 100% about Dre and Eazy. They've both got a weird charisma about them - and Dre's a fantastic producer - but they both relied on other writers for their best rhymes.

Not 100% about Dre and Eazy. They've both got a weird charisma about them - and Dre's a fantastic producer - but they both relied on other writers for their best rhymes.

True, but on the mic Eazy was pretty good. I dont think Eazy reached his prime as a rapper. He died too soon to establish himself as a solo artist IMO.

And Dre produced some great beats, and if the beat is right it makes a good track to me. With the people Dre has worked with, his songs have always had good rapper on them to. Plus The Chronic changed rap, for the better.

Edited by Jack