who the best/fav rapper  

20 members have voted

1. 1. who the best/fav rapper

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
I would probably go for Busta rhymes but in the running would be Ice Cube, Eazy-E,Dre,Ol Dirty ******* and a few others.Benefit is good but he`ll prob never get big

I loved early Nas - Illmatic was an instant 39 minute classic but I tired of him quickly when he started spending the money on more expensive production. My brother's been pimping Nas to me again recently so I need to listen to some newer stuff.

One I forgot earlier: Redman. "Whut? The Album" is another classic that no self-respecting hiphop fan should be without.

in all honesty i don't like anyone off the poll at all. the best rapper for me in terms of rapping skill is probably Twista, i don't like the actual music but he makes me dizzy with his speed. Big Boi (Outkast) and Run-DMC are up there for me too.

Guest eyes_adrift

Why have Dre, Ice Cube and Eazy E been mentioned and MC Ren hasn't? and what about Redman, Ghostface, Rza, Gza, Eric B and Rakim,B Real, Zack De La Rocha, Chuck D , Flavour Flave and many more.

To rate people like 50 Cent above these artists is just ridiculous to me! his music is so bland and formulaic that it's almost as bad as the game's.

Guest eyes_adrift
Tupac off the list.

I agree with AC about him though, he wasnt a gangster. He based him being a ni**a on him being beaten up by cops?? That doesnt mean he had a hard life etc but I still love his work. Doesnt matter to me if its real or flase, I like it and him.

Other rappers who should be there are Biggie, Dre, DMX, Jay-Z, Krazie Bone, Nas, LL Cool J, Marley Marl, Eazy E (see avatar) etc

He didn't really say Gangsta! he said he was a thug, and the whole thing about the cops and so on was left over his political days! and his sense of community spirit.

Guest MartynJ
2PAC is a ****ing legend.He is my fave.

Good shouts to Cannibis,eminem,dre and Nas

well said 2pacs easily my fav ,aswell as old school stuff like easy e and nwa

I still don't understand the 2pac love. He was mediocre at best. 1/5 of his songs were "I'm a thug n***a". 1/5 were "uplift black people" which directly contradicted the first lot. 1/5 were "women are b*tches". 1/5 were "I love my mum and women are great" which directly contradicted the previous lot. 1/5 were random party/I'm the best/diss another rapper.

He had nothing in the way of flows, much like MC Ren who also had very few styles.

You see when 2pac was talking about bitches he wasn't saying every girl was a bitch he was talking about certain women who acted like bitches

Still doesn't make him listenable. :P

Guest MartynJ
Have you heard All Eyez on me !!!! ( album )

Class album..... But everyone has there opinions...

agreed, thats one of my favs too, (LIFE GOES ON) fav track off that albulm, i know its a bit soft and not as hardcore as some of his other tracks but i like it

Skillz, Buba Sparxxx, Eminem, Jay Z, Redman, and a lot of others come up there, but personally my favourite is Xzibit. Especially earlier songs like Paparazzi and Foundation show just what he can do.