Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  19 members  ·  Free

Anime

Manga/Graphic novels

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Anime Otaku

how many of you out ther in TWO land are fans of Manga and Graphic novels?

Right now i am reading the Love Hina manga (i'm reading book 10 of 14 possibly reviewed in a few days when i get thorough them all) and have an Amazon Wishlist containing the Chobits Manga series (8 books) and Sin City Graphic novels (7 books) which i am getting on the recommendation of others.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Sandman! Quite simply the greatest graphic novel EVER! It won the 1991 World Fantasy Award for best short story (making it the first comic ever to be awarded a literary award). I belive it also won another award, but the writers of 'real books' kicked off.

Also Preacher is a fantastic read, the hunt for God by a preacher who managed to inherit the Voice of God so people HAD to obey him, with the Irish drunk Cassidy (who also happens to be a vampire) by his side.

Guest A.C.
I'm reading Naruto and Prince of Tennis. And I just found out that Hunter x Hunter's getting a translated official release. Shounen~~!

My fave's are:

The Crow

HellBlazer

Watchmen

Barman: Year One

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

.......and after viewing the movie I'm looking for the Sin City novels.

I know I said Barman, but I left it in cos it seemed funny

Guest Anime Otaku
My fave's are:

The Crow

HellBlazer

Watchmen

Barman: Year One

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

.......and after viewing the movie I'm looking for the Sin City novels.

I know I said Barman, but I left it in cos it seemed funny

Sin city is available on Amazon but some are unpublished pre orders oh yeah and i also have Maus and Inthe shadow of no towers

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest Inno

I live for the comics :)

I tend to buy comics monthly rather than wait for the trades, though. I'm kinda impatient like that ;)

My favourites are currently anything written by Brian Michael Bendis, I'd highly recommend the earlier stuff of his, such as Torso, Fire or Goldfish. The newer stuff is damned good too, his Powers series is a must read as far as I'm concerned.

I dig a lot of the Frank Miller stuff - Sin City, Daredveil, Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One and the like.

The Sin City books should all be available in comic shops if Amazon don't have them - A1 has a stock, so does FP in Glasgow ;)

Also well worth checking out: Preacher; Transmetropolitan; Hellblazer; 100 Bullets; and of course - Watchmen :)

Guest MrFill

And re-mentioning The Watchmen, not to mention Watchmen :D

I've not bought anything for ages, in fact for about 4-5 years

I've not bought anything for ages, in fact for about 4-5 years

What no soap, food or clothes....you must be loaded with all the money you've saved. :P

Damn, you found me out :P

Actually most of my money goes on bills

Same here.....except for next month , 'cos I got a cheque from the gas company for £175 and a £250 attendance bonus from work.......action figure* overload next month......

*Not for playing with obviously, they are for display purpose only.....THEY ARE NOT TOYS!!!

Guest A.C.
Why has there been no mention of Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis?

Solely in order that you might enter the thread and show off your superior knowledge.... :worship

Guest Inno

Grant Morrison is thoroughly nice bloke :)

His New X-Men run was incredible, as was The Invisibles and his last book, We3, is probably my favourite of the past year.

Warren Ellis? Transmetropolitan. 'Nuff Said.