Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The resume of the worst finisher ever: The FU

Guest It wasnt my WOOO

Then his WWE work must be very sloppy because usually whats making an impact are his knees, and thats not a splash, its a knee drop.

You anti-Cena people really make me laugh. Really. All the F-U is, is a pick up and a throw down, in fact that would be a better name for it. Its a basic manuver with no flash at all. THats what Cena's character is, he is "street" and "bare bones" and "a figher". But of course you cant understand that because you're anti-cena and anything he does is bad and he cant look good at all.

Unsuspecting kick? I guess you dont see him stomping on the mat before he goes for it..........

If I picked you up and threw you down as hard as I could, it would hurt, and depending on if your head bounces off the ground it could knock you out. Sure its not a "realistic" fighting move, but if thats all you want, why watch the wwe?

If Cena were to just drop him, there would be no downward momentum when he executes it, and there is, so there goes that.

With the 450, in order to protect the person taking the the bumb they plant there knees right at the side of the opponent. This may look like a "knee drop" but it isn't. And it is also unfair for Kidman (who does suck) to be judged on the one time he hurt somebody with the move.

Now, I'm doing this Kayfabe style

As for the "seeing him stomping", you must realise the opponent never "sees" him stomping. The shaking of the ring disorientates the person on the mat, and when he gets up he never sees the kick coming. Plus, a good kick(or punch) that isn't expected from an able opponent is a garunteed KO every time.

If Cena threw is opponent to the mat hard, this thread wouldn't exist would it? If the move was supposed to cause the head to smack the mat it has been sold horribly forever. The FU is an elevated firemans carry. How anyone can see different in that is insane. The move is okay when he falls with it, but when he was jobbing everyone out when he stood up all throughout the move it was horrible.

Anti-Cena? I really don't care enough about the WWE to devote my time to bashing a guy. Cena has gotten himself over even with a crap gimmick and bad matches, for that he gets respect. But I won't call anything what it's not. Cena is not a good wrestler, and the FU is not a good move.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PHIZZLE
And it is one of the worst moves in the business - it's almost on a level with the People's Elbow and the Worm.

It is pretty but at least its not a finisher like the other 2 you mentioned

With the 450, in order to protect the person taking the the bumb they plant there knees right at the side of the opponent. This may look like a "knee drop" but it isn't. And it is also unfair for Kidman (who does suck) to be judged on the one time he hurt somebody with the move.

Now, I'm doing this Kayfabe style

As for the "seeing him stomping", you must realise the opponent never "sees" him stomping. The shaking of the ring disorientates the person on the mat, and when he gets up he never sees the kick coming. Plus, a good kick(or punch) that isn't expected from an able opponent is a garunteed KO every time.

If Cena threw is opponent to the mat hard, this thread wouldn't exist would it? If the move was supposed to cause the head to smack the mat it has been sold horribly forever. The FU is an elevated firemans carry. How anyone can see different in that is insane. The move is okay when he falls with it, but when he was jobbing everyone out when he stood up all throughout the move it was horrible.

Anti-Cena? I really don't care enough about the WWE to devote my time to bashing a guy. Cena has gotten himself over even with a crap gimmick and bad matches, for that he gets respect. But I won't call anything what it's not. Cena is not a good wrestler, and the FU is not a good move.

Cena is, in fact, throwing them down, otherwise he wouldnt go up and then down, there is downward momentum, which means he is actually throwing them, its simple physics. Cena does throw his opponent to the mat, yet this thread still exist because a lot of people are why bitches who instead of taking action, think writing on a message board is a better way to get things accomplished.

You dont care enough about the WWE to bash a guy, yet you are here talking about him just the same......

Cena is, in fact, throwing them down, otherwise he wouldnt go up and then down, there is downward momentum, which means he is actually throwing them, its simple physics. Cena does throw his opponent to the mat, yet this thread still exist because a lot of people are why bitches who instead of taking action, think writing on a message board is a better way to get things accomplished.

You dont care enough about the WWE to bash a guy, yet you are here talking about him just the same......

Cena is indeed throwing them down, but not "hard" as you said. He merely grips the persons head with his left hand and pushes up up on their legs to start the rotation, he basically lets gravity do the job from there. And what kind of action do you think someone could take? I think voicing there opinion is just fine.

I've come to this conclusion, you're a Cena mark. No one else so valiantly would defend what has been in the past a crap manuever.

An I am not Anti-Cena, I am a wrestling fan and critic. When there is crap in the ring, I point it out.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I've come to this conclusion' date=' you're a Cena mark. No one else so valiantly would defend what has been in the past a crap manuever.[/quote']

GOD FORBID anyone defending John Cena inside the ring! :eek

Cena is indeed throwing them down, but not "hard" as you said. He merely grips the persons head with his left hand and pushes up up on their legs to start the rotation, he basically lets gravity do the job from there. And what kind of action do you think someone could take? I think voicing there opinion is just fine.

I've come to this conclusion, you're a Cena mark. No one else so valiantly would defend what has been in the past a crap manuever.

An I am not Anti-Cena, I am a wrestling fan and critic. When there is crap in the ring, I point it out.

He pushes them on the way down as well, watch the move closelu sometime.

If you want the WWE to listen to you, start boycotting Cena and get others who agree with you. Organize in mass and show the WWE you dont like it. Turn off the damn TV when he's on for that quarter hour, the WWE will get the message if enough people do it. That is doing something, ranting here does nothing.

As far as me being a "Cena Mark" I enjoy his persona and his CD more than I enjoy his in ring work. He has had handful of great matches, a lot of good ones, and his average matches are simply passable. Im defending his move because you are mis-classifying it and furthermore you are basking in your own ignorance of it.

He pushes them on the way down as well, watch the move closelu sometime.

If you want the WWE to listen to you, start boycotting Cena and get others who agree with you. Organize in mass and show the WWE you dont like it. Turn off the damn TV when he's on for that quarter hour, the WWE will get the message if enough people do it. That is doing something, ranting here does nothing.

As far as me being a "Cena Mark" I enjoy his persona and his CD more than I enjoy his in ring work. He has had handful of great matches, a lot of good ones, and his average matches are simply passable. Im defending his move because you are mis-classifying it and furthermore you are basking in your own ignorance of it.

I watch an average of 15 mins of WWE programing a week. Mostly just to catch glimpses of HBK, HHH, Angle, and Jericho. As soon as "The Time Is Now" kicks in I switch off.

Fact is, when Cena doesn't fall down with the FU, it's crap.

Wait? A handful of great matches? A lot of good ones? I consider HBK-Angle at Summerslam and Mania a great match. John Cena doesn't have a "great" match to his credit. His best match to date was with Kurt at NWO and that was just okay. PLEASE name me "a handful" of great Cena matches.

I'm not misclassing the move, it is and elevated firemans carry. Nothing more. There is nothing more there for the move, it's and elevated elevated firemans carry.

I watch an average of 15 mins of WWE programing a week. Mostly just to catch glimpses of HBK, HHH, Angle, and Jericho. As soon as "The Time Is Now" kicks in I switch off.

Fact is, when Cena doesn't fall down with the FU, it's crap.

Wait? A handful of great matches? A lot of good ones? I consider HBK-Angle at Summerslam and Mania a great match. John Cena doesn't have a "great" match to his credit. His best match to date was with Kurt at NWO and that was just okay. PLEASE name me "a handful" of great Cena matches.

I'm not misclassing the move, it is and elevated firemans carry. Nothing more. There is nothing more there for the move, it's and elevated elevated firemans carry.

It would be an elevated firemans carry if he didnt throw him down.

Great Cena Matches

Cena vs JBL (I Quit)

Cena vs. Angle (No Way Out)

Cena vs. Jericho (Summerslam MOTN IMO)

Cena vs. Brock (Backlash 2003)

Cena vs. Taker (Vengeance 03)

Those are great matches, Angle vs HBK 1 and more especially 2, were AMAZING matches.

It would be an elevated firemans carry if he didnt throw him down.

Great Cena Matches

Cena vs JBL (I Quit)

Cena vs. Angle (No Way Out)

Cena vs. Jericho (Summerslam MOTN IMO)

Cena vs. Brock (Backlash 2003)

Cena vs. Taker (Vengeance 03)

Those are great matches, Angle vs HBK 1 and more especially 2, were AMAZING matches.

Cena v JBL good

Cena v Angle good

Cena v Jericho good

Cena v Brock good

Cena v Taker below average

And how can you rate the Cena-Jericho match as MOTN when you put Angle-Michaels 2 has "amazing"

If those Cena matches are great then the matches D'lo and X Pac had back in the late 90's are phenomenal, and HBK-Angle is godlike, and Joe-Punk 2 is off the radar it's so good.

And this "throw them down" crap is crap. In a firemans carry, you hook the head and push the legs up into the air, then bringing them down the mat with the pushing hand while on both knees or on one knee. Cena does the exact same thing but standing up.

If you want the WWE to listen to you' date=' start boycotting Cena and get others who agree with you. Organize in mass and show the WWE you dont like it. Turn off the damn TV when he's on for that quarter hour, the WWE will get the message if enough people do it. That is doing something, ranting here does nothing.[/quote']

Actually, it wouldn't make a difference.

Only the viewers who have one of the boxes, in the US that's the Nielsen Ratings box (of which there are 5,000 in the US) get a "say" in the ratings.

So, if you, as a regular viewer, turn your TV off, then nobody will know or care.

Actually, it wouldn't make a difference.

Only the viewers who have one of the boxes, in the US that's the Nielsen Ratings box (of which there are 5,000 in the US) get a "say" in the ratings.

So, if you, as a regular viewer, turn your TV off, then nobody will know or care.

Actually, Neilson measures ratings in other ways than the boxes AND in the US the cable companies know every channel you watch every minute of every day.

Guest Danny Styles
Cena v JBL good

Cena v Angle good

Cena v Jericho good

Cena v Brock good

Cena v Taker below average

not suprsingly all his opponents carried him to a good match

not suprsingly all his opponents carried him to a good match

What a suprise, once again Cena is "carried." Look, he didnt just stand there and do nothing. Jericho didnt carry shiat at Summerslam, JBL couldnt carry anyone to save his life, and Brock was too inexperienced to carry anyone. You can see Cena works damn hard during a match, but your anti-cena blinders stop you from seeing that.

What a suprise' date=' once again Cena is "carried." Look, he didnt just stand there and do nothing. Jericho didnt carry shiat at Summerslam, JBL couldnt carry anyone to save his life, and Brock was too inexperienced to carry anyone. You can see Cena works damn hard during a match, but your anti-cena blinders stop you from seeing that.[/quote']

wait wait wait

Your saying, the Lesnar, who by that time had already had great matches with the Rock and RVD, who was already WWE champion, was green and Cena wasn't? WOW, Dude, if we have blinders on, you're just flat out blind.

Jericho didn't carry him? Again WOW

JBL has been doing garbage brawls for over a decade. Just to enforce that Cena is always being carried, look at his offense during a match. Punch, kick, and the occasional slam. Every match, the person literaly has to drag him around the ring and beat the crap out of him to make up for his lack of offensive manuevers.

Cena is carried to matches that are good.You can tell when he is leading a match, they suck, hard. Look at his matches with Dupree for justification

wait wait wait

Your saying, the Lesnar, who by that time had already had great matches with the Rock and RVD, who was already WWE champion, was green and Cena wasn't? WOW, Dude, if we have blinders on, you're just flat out blind.

Jericho didn't carry him? Again WOW

JBL has been doing garbage brawls for over a decade. Just to enforce that Cena is always being carried, look at his offense during a match. Punch, kick, and the occasional slam. Every match, the person literaly has to drag him around the ring and beat the crap out of him to make up for his lack of offensive manuevers.

Cena is carried to matches that are good.You can tell when he is leading a match, they suck, hard. Look at his matches with Dupree for justification

Im not saying Cena wasnt green and Brock was, Im saying Brock wasnt good enough to CARRY him. There is a difference.

Yeah, look at the offense during that match, but what does that have to do with JBLs inabolity to carry anyone?

And as far as looking at his most mediocre matches to show his "lack of ability" why dont we look at HHH's match with H.O.G. and see how bad he is. It's really easy to say someone sucks when you pick a bad example. :roll

Kayfabe on: the Fu is right good, its like, all big and that! and no one kicks out! Even though its not as high or fast as what Dreamer does, obviously Dreamer does it worse!

Non Kayfabe: Its sloppy, its slow, it has NOTHING going for it other than build, and God help us a move may get by on its build up!

Yes, sarcasm and irony on both posts. Read into it what you will.

Kayfabe on: the Fu is right good, its like, all big and that! and no one kicks out! Even though its not as high or fast as what Dreamer does, obviously Dreamer does it worse!

Non Kayfabe: Its sloppy, its slow, it has NOTHING going for it other than build, and God help us a move may get by on its build up!

Yes, sarcasm and irony on both posts. Read into it what you will.

What about the fact that its a basic move to go with his basic arsenal which fits his basic "from the streets" character. Of course, no that cant be right because its John Cena and anything he does is bad.........:roll

Actually' date=' Neilson measures ratings in other ways than the boxes AND in the US the cable companies know every channel you watch every minute of every day.[/quote']

They can only track the channels if you use a cable box - we only have one, and most of the time we have the cable box, TV and HD recorder on different channels.

Add into that, the other TVs/VCRs in the house are set to different channels again.

So, theoretically, even though there are only 2 people in the house (at times), we could have 7 or 8 tuners all on different channels, or on the same channel.

Guest Figure 4
What about the fact that its a basic move to go with his basic arsenal which fits his basic "from the streets" character. Of course' date=' no that cant be right because its John Cena and anything he does is bad.........:roll[/quote']

So how does the F-U fit his 'street' character? Is that what you normally expect a 'street' person to do?