Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Xbox

Best Looking Game Ever? PGR3.....

Guest MojoPogo

Guest MojoPogo

Having played Project Gotham Racing 3 on xbox 360, i can tell you its by far and away the best looking game i've ever seen. And it plays like a demon too! Those cars........wow! THIS is the game that might sell the machine as far as im concerned, its awesome, and this time it caters for those, (like myself) who arent great driving game fans, with a perfectly pitched difficulty setting. Thumbs up!

Anybody else seen it or played it?:xyx

You've not seen the videos for Killzone on PS3 or F1 for PS3 then have you? :P

Maybe they arent real gametime videos but who cares, half as good as them and Im blown away anyway. Personally having played PGR3, it plays as bad as the others and the graphics still arent a touch on Gran Turismo 4, nor the gameplay for that matter.

Guest MojoPogo
Dude, it looks five times as good as GT4? Looking through sony tinted specs are you???? GT4 is mince. Anal retentive, overly complex rubbish. If i wanted to learn to drive, id do it for real. But thats my opinion, and certainly, you're entitled to yours!

I own Gamecube, Xbox and PS2. And a PSP but thats another story really. But considering the fact that Gran Tursimo 4 has easily the best graphics for any racing game Ive ever seen, and plays better by a country mile, I'd say its clear that its still king. PGR games are slow and unresponsive, PGR was the first game I ever played on Xbox and at the time, I thought to myself if thats the calibre of games that Xbox has to offer Im not getting one and it put me off for a long while, I still only got one for WrestleMania 21 earlier this year, but Ive thankfully never brought PGR 1 or 2.

Guest Anime Otaku
I'd say as far as the current generation then NFS:Most wanted and Burnout Revenge have the best graphics. FFX, FFX-2 and Fahrenheit deserve a mention too.

Maybe they arent real gametime videos but who cares' date=' half as good as them and Im blown away anyway.[/quote']

So, if Microsoft produced a pre-rendered video, done by a production company like the one that did Polar Express and of that quality, then you'd be wetting yourself over that and wanting to get a 360, right? :P

Guest MojoPogo
Kind of what i was thinking! Seriously, anybody whose seen PGR running and doesnt think it looks amazing, is either the biggest Sony/Nintendo mark ever, or clinically blind, frankly. And its not vapourware either.

I've only played the demo of PGR3, and I own GT4.

They are different types of games - GT4 is a "driving simulator" while PGR3 has more of an arcade feel - you get points for drifting and power slides. :)

PGR3 out-does GT4 visually - while GT4 is damn impressive (considering it's on a PS2), but it just doesn't stand up - especially if you're running on a HD TV.

Remember that very few UK TVs have HD, so you won't get the most out of the games - the resolution is being forced to be reduced - once you've watched them on a full HD screen, your jaw will just drop!

Guest MojoPogo
Theres definitely a market for both games, and the likes of Burnout too, i just couldnt get into Gran Turismo, its just too in depth for me. Which is odd, considering how much i love rpgs.....

Well I'd have to say that Half-Life 2: Lost Coast has the best graphics of anything so far, which is true. It's using technology that the next gen 360 games haven't implimented yet. I wont get nerdy here though. Here's just a few mild examples that I can find from the Steam forums...

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/955/d2lostcoast00006eh.jpg

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/9514/d2lostcoast00030oy.jpg

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/756/d2lostcoast00182iq.jpg

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2005/d2lostcoast00234is.jpg

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/3234/d2lostcoast00330am.jpg

And those who keep going on about that bloody Killzone video. A number of Guerrilla employees have said it was pre-rendered at a DreamWorks render farm. Anyone who knows a thing about 3D graphics can tell you that by just watching the video anyway. The F1 video is a similar story. Especially when you watch the in-game F1 video, it doesn't look a single thing like the trailer video from E3.

Yes, PGR3 does look great, but there's a lot of graphical glitches. Meshes dont' switch fast enough so you're left looking at but-ugly textures when you're going fast, and it generally needed more work before release. It doesn't scratch the surface of what that graphics card is capable of. We're talking about a card a generation ahead of those Lost Coast screens. That's somewhere close to photorealism. Not quite there, I don't think it'll happen in this generation of consoles. But it's certainly close.

I'm not a big racing fan (except Mario Kart of course) but I've got PGR3 and am loving every minute of it. I does look real sweet too.

The most impressive graphics I've seen (being my opinion, not actual fact of polygon/4651864645645 different shades of yellow) are on Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube, it just looks awesome. The new Zelda game also looks stunning and really does show off what horsepower the little Cube actually has.

Guest MojoPogo
pity they've released it when the machine is dead in the water. If they'd stopped thinking "we're nintendo, they'll wait" and released it and a decent Mario game, maybe the Gamecube coulda been a contender.....

pity they've released it when the machine is dead in the water. If they'd stopped thinking "we're nintendo' date=' they'll wait" and released it and a decent Mario game, maybe the Gamecube coulda been a contender.....[/quote']

There is talk of some kind of Gamecube/Revolution crossover with it.

It will be awesome and a nice little bonus to all Gamecube owners. I'm sure it'll make it's money back in Japan alone. I'm not in total agreement with your "dead in the water" spiel, I do come off as a Ninty fan boy in these threads and I do really love Nintendo, I do not however dismiss other consoles and would probably break out into a nervous sweat if I didn't have at least one of every machine. It all comes down to profit, not sales, not games, not advertising, Profit. The Gamecube hasn't lost money, the PS2 and XBox have, last years profits alone, Nintendo placed 2 spots below Sony, bear in mind that Sony also make T.V.s, DVD players, Stereo's, Phones and other such guff, whist Nintendo stick with console gaming and related tat.

The Cube didn't sell that well in the U.K. but the XBox pretty much died on it's ass in Japan. I know we don't live in Japan, but it's great news that so many Japanese gamers love and buy Nintendo, because without those sales, then perhaps the Cube would be dead in the water and we wouldn't be able to look forward to several first party titles still heading our way in the new year.

I pretty much summed up why people love and buy Nintendo in that last sentence: First Party Titles. If I want to play Burnout, I've got an XBox, if I wanna play Smackdown I've got a PS2 and if I wanna play Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Chi Chi Robo (Man, that looks awesome!) then I've got my Cube. In my opinion anyone who dismisses Nintendo as a "kiddie company" is really missing out on some of the best games ever made.

Drifting back on topic, PGR3 is, as I said, awesome!

Guest MojoPogo
There is talk of some kind of Gamecube/Revolution crossover with it.

It will be awesome and a nice little bonus to all Gamecube owners. I'm sure it'll make it's money back in Japan alone. I'm not in total agreement with your "dead in the water" spiel, I do come off as a Ninty fan boy in these threads and I do really love Nintendo, I do not however dismiss other consoles and would probably break out into a nervous sweat if I didn't have at least one of every machine. It all comes down to profit, not sales, not games, not advertising, Profit. The Gamecube hasn't lost money, the PS2 and XBox have, last years profits alone, Nintendo placed 2 spots below Sony, bear in mind that Sony also make T.V.s, DVD players, Stereo's, Phones and other such guff, whist Nintendo stick with console gaming and related tat.

The Cube didn't sell that well in the U.K. but the XBox pretty much died on it's ass in Japan. I know we don't live in Japan, but it's great news that so many Japanese gamers love and buy Nintendo, because without those sales, then perhaps the Cube would be dead in the water and we wouldn't be able to look forward to several first party titles still heading our way in the new year.

I pretty much summed up why people love and buy Nintendo in that last sentence: First Party Titles. If I want to play Burnout, I've got an XBox, if I wanna play Smackdown I've got a PS2 and if I wanna play Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Chi Chi Robo (Man, that looks awesome!) then I've got my Cube. In my opinion anyone who dismisses Nintendo as a "kiddie company" is really missing out on some of the best games ever made.

Drifting back on topic, PGR3 is, as I said, awesome!

I dont disagree mate. What i'd LIKE to have seen is Nintendo being a bit more proactive in the European market, and not sitting back and relying on Japanese sales for their profits. I WANT more first party Nintendo games frankly. Theres nothing to touch them for sheer gameplay. And that, after all, is what gaming is all about, isnt it? That, more than anything is what bugs me about them!

DANG! I knew I'd regret that "You are Scotish, right?" gag

Going back to NOE (which is off topic, but meh!) I see on the teletext this morning, Wario Ware: Twisted on the GBA is going to be released in Europe in February, that's 14!!! Months!!!! since it's Japanese release! 14!!! MONTHS!!!!

Anyone who's ever played a Wario Ware game knows damn well, it doesn't matter what language you speak, you just 'get it', it's bonkers, but you 'get it'!

Guest MojoPogo
Indeed! Games that appeal to non-gamers are a rare thing indeed! Back to topic though, i also really enjoy Perfect Dark, though i still think the N64 version is better funnily enough....