Fan Clubs | beta

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Guest SuperKick Kid

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been waiting for this game for months. It should have been released in December but was delayed til Feb 10 then delayed again til Mar 9. I have heard the list of characters are as follows:

Mario

Luigi

Yoshi

Samus - after final smash turns into Zero-Suit Samus

Picaku

Fox

Falco

Link

Ganondorf

Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong

Ness

Zelda/Sheik

Peach

Bowser

Wind Waker Link

Ike - from Fire Emblem

Marth

Captain Falcon

Lucas - from Earthbound

Pokeman trainer - alternates between Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle

Lucario - new Pokeman

Mr. Game and Watch

Ice Climbers

Pit

Wolf - from Starfox

Captain Olimar - Pikmin (my personal fav)

Kirby

King DeDeDe

Metaknight

Wario

ROB (robot)

Snake - Metal Gear Solid

Sonic

Jiggypuff

Doctor Mario, Young Link, Roy, Pichu and Mewtwo have been taken out of the new SSB. We have the Wii and will be first in line when the game is released. I have to get a life.:lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Clarkey
Super Smash Bros. Brawl might be coming to Europe and Australia a bit later than last week's 'rumoured' release date of June, with Nintendo's American president Reggie Fils-Aime telling 1UP of a more distant release period.

Asked by the publication why Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii are coming to Europe before the Americas, Fils-Aime said, "Yeah, but they don't get Smash Brothers until fall."

Whether or not that's definitive remains to be seen, of course. The name-taker claimed, however, that Nintendo would have to open and convert new factories in order to increase disc duplication and meet demand for Brawl.

From Aussie-Ninty. I love Reggie, but that was just cruel.

Guest Chriscare
As if it's delayed again. I bought my wii over a year ago and put my name down on Games pre-order list when they had in down for June 2007 release date. Grrr, how long are we gonna have to wait for a good multiplayer game.

As if it's delayed again. I bought my wii over a year ago and put my name down on Games pre-order list when they had in down for June 2007 release date. Grrr, how long are we gonna have to wait for a good multiplayer game.

I just pre-ordered it and EB Games is assuring me it will come in on March 9-10. They will have made a powerful enemy if it doesn't. My 16 year old is driving me crazy about it.:xyx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fiona
Just got the new Super Smash Brawl home and it's great lot's more power ups and characters. In 20 minutes my son managed to unlock Ness, Marth and Snake. Great game.

Unlocked all the characters. Mr. Game and Watch is the best. Managed to win my first 2 online matches with him. Most onliners are using Wolf and Ike.

• 3 months later...
Guest Chriscare

Hoorah. It's finally arrived for those of us that didn't want an american copy.

Bought mine this morning, looking forward to giving it a bash when i get in from work.

Guest Fiona
Hoorah. It's finally arrived for those of us that didn't want an american copy.

Bought mine this morning, looking forward to giving it a bash when i get in from work.

If you need any hints drop me a PM. Joel's been playing since March and knows the game inside and out. Try and unlock Snake or Game and Watch two of the best characters in the game. Snake's final smash is awesome.

Guest Chriscare
Never really liked the single player mode in the previous Smash Brothers, so most of the characters will probably never be seen by my eyes.

Guest Fiona
Never really liked the single player mode in the previous Smash Brothers, so most of the characters will probably never be seen by my eyes.

If you are going to play online then you will be facing a lot of Snakes Ikes and Pits. Practice with them or you are toast.:lol

Guest Chriscare
Not really a fan of nintendo online games. They tend to all be easily ruined by everyone figuring out a stupid way to win that takes all the fun out of the game.

Well, Nintendo seem to have screwed up. Around half the UK customers so far are saying their disc doesn't work, and Nintendo have admitted that it's because a double-layer disc struggles to be read by a dusty/old disc recognition lens.

And guess which person writing this post has been affected by this...

Guest ScottyB

I got off the phone with my mate and he said his wouldnt work.

I guess I'll have to phone him up and tell him he's not alone.

Guest Fiona

That happened here in North America too. Only people who had bought their Wii's around about the original launch date had the problem. Nintendo put a program into effect right away where you sent your Wii and game to Nintendo and they fixed the lens free of charge. Bit of a pain but it only took a week and apparently the game worked fine after that.

I would have thought that after going through that here they would have tried to fix that problem before another Smash Brothers launch.

Edited by Fiona

I'm sending my Wii off to get it cleaned and sorted. There's a few rumours going around that Nintendo are actually using this as a way to fix faulty Wiis that didn't given get the correct disc drives to enable double-layered discs to work...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fiona
I'm always looking for online people to play against. If you PM your friends code I will PM you mine and we can have a go online against each other.:xyx