Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who series 3 (spoilers very likely)

BRM

Guest Nicole
Catherine Tate!? Well that's a surprise, I thought they'd go for another young woman who'll discover feelings for the Doctor after the first ten minutes. Maybe give her twenty...

They did say TWO companions though didn't they?

The two companions, as I see it, includes Marthas second half stint.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this has come out of left field.

I'm not 100% sure on the choice of Tate, i enjoyed Donna in The Runaway Bride she was just what the Doctor needed at that time, she was abit loud in the 1st 30 minutes of the episode but was great in the last 15 minutes where she was able to get The Doctor calm down a little at a time when his emotions were all over the place.

Tate is a better actress than people give her credit for, anyone that saw her in Bleak House will certainly vouch for that.

Still, i'd of preffered a return of Sally Sparrow than a return of Donna, but who am i to question RTD.

Anyone else getting the feeling they are overloading Dr Who a bit, I mean he'll be having a squad of companions at this rate?!

Hardly, since it was brought back in 2005 the most he's ever had at once was 2, which was probably the average throughout the classic series.

Many would say the show was at it's most popular during the Tom Baker/Peter Davidson years when he had 3 companions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...