Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who series 3 (spoilers very likely)

BRM

Yes, it's nearly time for the TimeLords return with 3 rumored start dates.

The 1st being the 24th March, which is just a few weeks ago. This seems probable as it's been published in DWM. Other rumored start states are 31st March and 7th April which is over the Easter weekend. It's maybe worth noting that the 2 previous series have started over the Easter weekend either way within the next month The Doctor will be back with us!!!

The 3rd series will see David Tennant return as the Doctor, but with Billie Piper leaving the Tardis Freema Agyeman will step become the Doctors companion in the form of Martha Jones

http://www.stevepugh.net/VTT/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/publicity.jpg

Other members of the Jones family will include.

Clive Jones .... Trevor Laird

Tish Jones .... Gugu Mbatha Raw

Francine Jones .... Adjoa Andoh

Leo Jones .... Reggie Yates

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/images/jonesfamily.jpg

Most Episodes have had their titles revealed now with just a few without

3:1 Smith and Jones

3:2 The Shakespeare Code

3:3

3:4 Daleks in Manhatten

3:5

3:6 The Lazarus Experiment

3:7 42

3: 8 Human Nature

3:9 The Family of Blood

3:10 Blink

3:11 Utopia

3:12 The Sound of Drums

3:13

Others Cast are

Dean Lennox in The Shakespere code playing the man himself William Shakespere.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/deanlennoxkelly/dean-lennox-kelly-prof1b.jpg

In the yet untitled Episode 3 Thomas Kincade Brannigan is played by former My Hero and Father Ted star Ardal O'Hanlon.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/69/Father_Dougal.jpg

Episode 6 The Lazarus Experiment features Mark Gatiss as Professor Lazarus, and former Coranation Street regular Thelma Barlow as Lady Thaw

http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/celebs/corrie/mavis.jpg

Human Nature & The Family of Blood form a double header with a host of taleny including Jessica Stevenson, Harry Lloyd, Thomas Sangster, Tom Palmer, Pip Torrens, Rebekah Staton, Gerard Horan, Lauren Wilson and Matthew White

http://www.wildaboutgardens.org/images/Celebs/JessicaStevensonPicture.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/images/bbc/programmes_tv_idents_and_screenshots/cbbc_cbeebies_daytime/200feather_boy_sangster.jpg

Episode 11 see's the long awaited return of John Barrowman reprising his role from both Doctor Who and Torchwood Captain Jack Harkness.

Captain Jack will also feature in the final double header alongside Elize Du Toit, Nichola McAuliffe, Alexander Moen, Ellie Haddington, Nicholas Gecks, Colin Stinton Natasha Alexander, Tom Golding, Oliva Hill and Daniel Ming.

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/thumb/8/84/Captjackharness.jpg/250px-Captjackharness.jpg

http://www.uk-babes.co.uk/hollyoaks/images/elize_du_toit.jpg

i know i know, best picture i could find

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Al Stevens

From what i have heard is this

The doctor is going to be intrested in someone in the final two stories and the rumor mill is going wild with stories with either the Master or the Rani

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I am not sure about the new assistant, she is plyed by one the the extra type people from serise 2 and I think they should have got someone fresh, every time I see her I will just think thats her who died in serise 2 :(

Other then that can't wait for it to start!

Guest Nicole

Key phrase for the season is Mr Saxon, future prime minister. Played by John Simm, Mr Saxon is pretty likely to morph into the master at the end of series 3. Seen pictures of filming in cardiff to confirm this information, also seen amateur footage of what looks to be Jacks final scene in Doctor who before going back to torchwood. So many other things I've read/seen, but I'll contain my excitement for now

Human nature is actually an adaptation of a Doctor Who book where

The doctor gets amnesia and forgets he is a timelord and adapts to life on earth. I'm guessing the story could be changed in places, but Freema Agyeman has stated in interviews that the monster in this will be a scary scarecrow type thing, unless i've got the episode wrong

If all the things I've heard are near on right, were on for the best series yet.

Edited by Nicole

Yeah they had me worrying, but to be fair it's a sure fire winner for the Beeb. Primeval just has'nt come anywhere close to the goodness that is Doctor Who.

It seems as if he was just waiting till the hype builds around series 3. Saturday evenigs just ain't the same without him. So much better than Ant & Dec

Two Worlds Will Collide

Edited by BRM

Guest Nicole
I watched about 15 mins of Primeval the other day, and I might be biased but I just found it to be really boring, and some of the acting was really hammy. Yes Torchwood didn't have great actors, but atleast it had some good storylines in the second half of the series.

Press launch was last nigh and various tit bits have sort of got out.

quoyed off the Newsround website so it's pretty much offcial.

A top actor called John Simm has spoken for the first time about playing a baddie in the new series of Doctor Who.

The show will be back on our screens on BBC One on 31 March, and John will play a mysterious man called Mr Saxon.

"I play a character called Mr Saxon. I don't think I'm allowed to tell you what he is, but I'm in the last couple of episodes," he told Newsround.

And he's not the only new character. The Doctor's got a new assistant too - Martha Jones, played by Freema Agyeman.

Think this pretty much confirms that The Master will be back.

Guest Nicole
I read all the spoilery stuff about episode one and two, nothing extraordinary in it but it sounds great all the same. Hopefully this season will improve on series 2, which wasn't as good as series one imo :)

A report in today's Mirror claims Doctor Who star David Tennant has signed a "£1million deal to star in the fourth series".

Tennant's future of the show has been a constant source of speculation for the tabloids since he replaced Christopher Eccleston last year. Media interest was revived after David told Doctor Who Magazine:

"I think I now know how many series I'm going to do, and Russell, Julie, and I have talked about it, and will continue to talk about it, but I think it would be stupid of me to say more than that right now - anything can happen, and everything can change..."

More recently The Sun reported the actor would leave during the fourth series causing a mid-season regeneration to the 11th Doctor.

The BBC later denied the story, commenting "when a further series is commissioned, we will be able to confirm his involvement."

Hope it's true :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Al Stevens

I enjoyed tonights show, alot like when we was introduced to rose it was basically setting up the whole world for Martha who actually seems to be more alike the doctor in a way.

Also i hope that somewhere down the line we see the Judoon soon as well.

Guest Nicole

Judoon are cool, a neutral alien of sorts. I enjoyed the episode, I like Martha, shes definately a match for the doctor.

BTW, the bit from the mirror talks about him getting a deal if a 4th season is commissioned. It's already been commissioned, so by now they'll definately know whats going on with him.

If that episode is a sign of things to come, then I fear for Doctor Who's ratings. It was, in my opinion, crap. The show was rushed and the relationship / partnership between Martha and the Doctor in particular was developed far too quickly. The aliens themselves were cool, reminding me somewhat of The Fifth Element, but I didn't like the Granny blood sucker. They didn't seem to try with her at all, instead opting for cheap puns.

Overall I was very dissapointed. It's like they tried to put in all the 'cool' things about Doctor Who, but completely forgot about how to create a story and keep the actual basis of a decent episode.