Fan Clubs | beta

Board games: whats your pleasure?

Burakiosaurus

I played a pub video version of Guess Who? witc Christof.

We sucked!

I see AR mentioned Downfall, which i still love.

I had a game called Key to the Kingdom, it was hard to understand but fun nethertheless. But i tended to make the rules up as i went along.

I can also play chess, and went to Germany to play once. But this German 12 year old kicked my ass.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Al Stevens
Nightmare I think it was called first board game that was done through your video and board game was cool. Other than that Monopoly and scrabble.

Actually they was known as both, it was a very cool game and i have the original version somewhere in the spare room.

Also i agree with everyone who has said that Hero Quest was amazing (everyone knows that the Elf is the best character to use ;)) Also space Crusade is a damn fine game to play (then again i am a mark for Games Workshop)

Guest The Beltster

The video board game was called Atmosphere. I had it, and they brought out a bunch of add-ons but I never got them.

I remember around 1993/94, they were the sponser for the WWF on Sky TV, and every WWF show would start with the Atmosphere game on the screen and the guy would say "The World Wrestling Federation, brought to you in accossiation with the video board game Atmosphere!"

Guest Al Stevens
The second one with Baron Samedi was pretty good however it was alot harder that the first one. (but he was very cool for a rotting corpse :lol)

I still play some online board games but not really offline. (Monopoly and chess mostly.) The afore mentioned Monopoly I have in real life as well. Have not played it in a long time but I played it a lot up until I was well into my 20's. I loved that game.

I also owned at various times other board games but don't have any of them any more. Connect 4 and Buckaroo were the main two I played as a kid.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd bring this back, instead of creating a new thread...

I have found THE BEST BOARD GAME EVER CREATED....

it goes by the name 'ZOMBIES!!!'

Guest Davros

There was a game I used to have - I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It was a cross between battle ships and crossbows and catapults.

It had a massive board and you used to line up a series of battle ships and aircraft carriers along each end. Then each player had a submarine that shot disks at the battleships. If you hit certain spots the towers popped out.

That was great.

EDIT: Found it!

Torpedo Run

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic104720_md.jpg

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic104719_md.jpg

Edited by Davros

I spent hours playing a never ending game of monopoly with my cousin when I was young
A friend of mine in New Zealand and I did that-it lasted days. We'd stop, save what money we had, etc and start again the next day. We even had our own extra rules in regards to certain spaces on the board that involved sweets. It was very complicated.

Guest John Hancock

Is Ghost Castle that game with the silver ball bearing? That was awesome.

I'm a Game of Life fan. Anything that tells me how my life will turn out is a winner.

Guest Da Showstoppa

Not a board game but a classic. And the object of most of my childhood.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/MikeyM/tomyfootball.jpg

Downfall was brilliant. Trivial pursuit is good too - especially the Starwars version. I rock at that one :xyx