Fan Clubs | beta

Actors you avoid

Guest Root

Acting in Hollwood is kinda comparable to main eventing in WWE. The people at the top are paid to draw in fans rather than for the quality of their work. But just like WWE main events, there are some you just can't stand. So, basically, I wanna know what actors make you avoid a film?

Personally I have three stars that I just can't stand to watch - Steve Martin, Drew Barrymore and Chris Tucker. Anytime any of these is involved in a movie it makes me 88.9% less likely to see it.

Tucker is the biggest offender. How in god's name he was paid £25million (plus back end percentages) to star in Rush Hour 3 is beyond me. The guy is nothing but annoying. Not funny in the slightest. Sure, I'll give him his dues, in Friday he was okay. But Friday was an awesome film and everyone in it was great (yes, even Zeus). Don't even get me started on how appaulingly bad his role in The Fifth Element was!

Drew Barrymore has, for me, never done anythign of worth. She's skanky and a crap actress. Go away Drew Barrymore.

There's something about Steve Martin, just a smugness in his face, that makes me want to punch him. Only one of his films have I ever found to be watchable (the not too bad at all Bowfinger). The rest of the time, i'd just like to give him what for. Everything about him just bugs me and I really can't stand looking at the guy.

What actors are you not a fan of?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shia LeBeuf. I dont know if thats how you spell it. Not a bad actor just a cocky wee **** in real life which affects how I see him. Like the opposite of Cena.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Dustin Hoffman. Except for when he played Hook.

Tom Cruise - No explanation needed.

Sean Penn - I just can't stand him.

EDIT: Jennifer Lopez

Guest The Joker

Nicolas Cage, Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie. Just plain awful

What about Rappers turned Actors?

There are some pretty awful ones there.

Guest Anime Otaku

Only people listed so far that I agree with are Van Damme and Segal. I really like Chris Tucker Steve Martin and Drew Barrymore. Never heard of Shia Lebeof

My least favourite would be Arnie. Predator and the first 2 Terminators were good, not seen the third were good but he's awful in non action roles and in Batman and Robin due to being a charisma black hole to rival Linda McMahon.

Vin Diesel is similar to the Governator but showed some charisma in xXx and as Riddick.

Hulk Hogan should never have been let loose near a camera outside a wrestling show either.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
And Constantine, if I remember right.

I cant remember if hes in that but I like that film too :)

I try to avoid Steve Martin, Hugh Grant (hate that son of a bitch), Tom Cruise and others I cant think of right now.

Keaneu Reeves. Although he's a god-awful piece of wood, somehow he gets some pretty interesting roles... so I sometimes go to see his films. Matrix 2 & 3 weren't worth the watch, though.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I cant remember if hes in that but I like that film too :)
He is in that film, he plays that guy who drives Constantine around everywhere

There is no actor I actively avoid, just alot of the actors I do't really like tend to do movies I am not interested in, nothing to do with them just the actual movie plot etc

Guest FreeSpirit

Forest Whittaker annoys the crap out of me. I think he's a terrible actor without an ounce of talent.

Keanu Reeves really gets on my tits as well, I just find him extremely annoying. Even in his best film Speed, he was suppose to be the main star, but both Sandra Bullock and Dennis Hopper stole the show IMO.

Guest THE Stately
Jean Claude Van Damme. I can't stand him, he's a moronic fool with an annoying voice.

In martial arts circles, when JC first started making it big and it was learned his "martial arts master" background was dubious, he was nicknamed "Jean FRAUD Van Damme." Thought you might enjoy learning that, if you were unaware.

Guest THE Stately
Chris Tucker for me,I try to avoid anything he is to be honest.

Besides the lack of much in the thesping dept, Tucker is one seriously stupid and ignorant sumbitch. I recall an interview where he couldn't name the vice president of the US; and on the outtakes for Rush Hour 2, he continually blows a line about gevelte fish because apparently he never heard of the dish.

I'm not Jewish myself, but IMO only a jackass living in a bubble--particularly one who has the term in front of him on a script for a scene he'll be filmed in--wouldn't have become familiar with it via living in America and hearing cross-cultural references.

I buried Chris in an On Manor's Mind column five years ago, if anyone would care to read it. http://swmswm.home.att.net/omm0202.htm (Yes, I do columns besides pro wrestling.)