Fan Clubs | beta

Actors you avoid

Guest Root

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not Jewish myself, but IMO only a jackass living in a bubble--particularly one who has the term in front of him on a script for a scene he'll be filmed in--wouldn't have become familiar with it via living in America and hearing cross-cultural references.

Damn, now how did I get in this bubble? And why do I smell like donkey s***?

The Wayons brothers

Ah good call. A sure sign that any film (unless it's called I'm Gonna Git You Sucka or Mo' Money) will be awful beyond belief. Definately a clan to be avoided. Possibly Hollywood's most useless family, just edging out the Arquette's (Patricia being their only decent member).

Guest The Joker
Ah good call. A sure sign that any film (unless it's called I'm Gonna Git You Sucka or Mo' Money) will be awful beyond belief. Definately a clan to be avoided. Possibly Hollywood's most useless family, just edging out the Arquette's (Patricia being their only decent member).

Im actually a fan of The Wayan's work. Scary Movie was crap after they stopped doing it IMO. How can you not laugh at the sight of Calvin from Little Man?

Plus, It was nice to see our friendly possesed killer doll Chucky kill one of the most ridiculous Arquette's. Thank god he didnt have a longer part in that movie.

Do people only like Brad Dourif for his Charles Lee Ray/Chucky roles. Because ive only watched him in that and Critters (The movie that made Hedgehogs scary). What other movies is he in? :?

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood is amazing. I don't like White Chicks or Little Man, but as stated, the second they stopped Scary Movie, it went far down the drain. Shawn and Marlon are class.

Plus, In Living Color was awesome.

Edited by Fidel Cashflow

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood is amazing. I don't like White Chicks or Little Man, but as stated, the second they stopped Scary Movie, it went far down the drain. Shawn and Marlon are class.

Plus, In Living Color was awesome.

It's hit or miss with the Wayan's. Don't Be a Menace was awesome, as was the show In Living color, and even Major Pain, but there's a lot of crap thrown into the mix as well. the good thing is that you can usually tell by commercials whether one of their movies will blow or not.

Guest The Joker
Ben Affleck.

I've nothing else to add really.

He isn't even worth me spending the time to suggest why I can't stand him.

He killed Daredevil. It could have been such a great movie too, but it wasnt.

I am a fan of Michael Clarke Duncan though, he's good in mob boss roles and making people cry as a simple minded giant, John Coffey :sad5:

Now I dont like flying on a plane much, but when your entertainment on that plane is a Ben Affleck movie, its just terrible.

Paris Hilton is another one for me, why even cast the silly tart? She's terrible at everything she does.

Guest The Joker
I wouldn't mind finding out though:lol

Amy Winehouse: "You see the sex tape..? It is.. like so boring!" "You know when your on a ferry, and your just being rocked like that... Be there soon, I can see the Isle Of Whight. Do you know what I mean? She was just like that..It was just boring..like, Its not sexy..."

For once I agree with a cocaine addict.

Paris is such an idiot! :lol

Dustin Hoffman. Except for when he played Hook.
So you think Hoffman was good in Hook, but sucked in Rain Man, Kramer v Kramer, The Graduate, Straw Dogs, Midnight Cowboy (which is a fantastic movie), All the President's Men (which is even better), Accidental Hero, Tootsie, Wag the Dog, Sleepers, Mad City, Runaway Jury and Marathon Man?

That is some crazy thinking IMO.

Forest Whittaker annoys the crap out of me. I think he's a terrible actor without an ounce of talent.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I can't even fathom why you have this one. Forest Whitaker is a fantastic actor, as his roles in Panic Room, Last King of Scotland, Ghost Dog, Blown Away, Platoon, The Crying Game, Good Morning Vietnam, Phone Booth, Species and his run in ER prove.

In martial arts circles, when JC first started making it big and it was learned his "martial arts master" background was dubious, he was nicknamed "Jean FRAUD Van Damme." Thought you might enjoy learning that, if you were unaware.
He was actually a trained dancer, which is where he got his fancy kicks from.

The Wayons brothers,
Ah good call. A sure sign that any film (unless it's called I'm Gonna Git You Sucka or Mo' Money) will be awful beyond belief.
I can't agree with you while Bulletproof is still in circulation.

Do people only like Brad Dourif for his Charles Lee Ray/Chucky roles. Because ive only watched him in that and Critters (The movie that made Hedgehogs scary). What other movies is he in? :?
Brad Dourif is in loads of movies, including the Halloween remake, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and LotR: The Two Towers. He is usually cast in mainstream movies, but rarely in major roles. Here is his filmography.....

As for me, I hate Rupert Everett's acting with a passion.

Guest SuperKick Kid
So you think Hoffman was good in Hook, but sucked in Rain Man, Kramer v Kramer, The Graduate, Straw Dogs, Midnight Cowboy (which is a fantastic movie), All the President's Men (which is even better), Accidental Hero, Tootsie, Wag the Dog, Sleepers, Mad City, Runaway Jury and Marathon Man?

That is some crazy thinking IMO.

I don't think he sucked.

I just don't like him.

Guest THE Stately

Jack Black has gone from one of those guys I sorta liked a while back (though I can't recall why) to one I can't stand. Seems like he's got two gears, the trad slob thing that's way tired or the wide-eyed innocent gimmick which I don't find very convincing.

The rocking-out bit annoys me, too. Didn't we all see Spinal Tap do it much better and earlier?

PS And, yes, Slim Jim, I do believe he can pronounce "gevelte fish" correctly; and, no, Spiral Tap, I didn't misspell your name. ;- }

Edited by Paul

Guest The Joker
Brad Dourif is in loads of movies, including the Halloween remake, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and LotR: The Two Towers. He is usually cast in mainstream movies, but rarely in major roles. Here is his filmography.....

Cheers :xyx Ive never heard of quite alot of those, has any of you heard of them and are they good? The ones I have watched, I think he's great in and I enjoy listening to him purely because he's got one of the most creepy voices in movie history.

Like that mess Amy wino-house has a right to talk about anyone else.

True, but she does make a point. But I think the real point is that they are bad as one another. I cant see why she bitches about someone so similar to her anyway. Apart from the sex tape and the beehive hair. They are pretty much identical. :lol

Maybe its the sheer pleasure that seems to come off Hoffman when hes doing a part like this? Can make all the difference to some people.

Though I have just bought Hook on VHS to watch tonight. :lol