Actors you avoid

Guest Root

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa
Adam Sandler, Hugh Grant and any of those "Romantic comedy" regulars. I also hate Goldie Hawn. I used to hate DiCaprio so much that I sat through 3 hours of "Titanic" to see the little git die. However I thought he was excellent in "Catch me if you can" and due to my fondness for the works of Alexandre Dumas (Three Musketeers etc) also think he did well in "Man in the Iron Mask" Edited by Da Showstoppa

DiCaprio brilliant in 'The Departed' I think.

Erm actors I avoid. Affleck, Hartnett...erm too many really.

Who the hell said Nicholas Cage by the way?! He's one of the best I've seen!

Get it now it's superb.
It's in Woolworths at the moment for £5. I was in there today, and they have some great bargains. I also picked up the McMahon DVD for £8 and the old DX one for £7.

It's so good at the moment, that Becky took out the pad and wrote a list of all the ones I've to get on Friday for everyone's Christmas.

Guest THE Stately
I thought The Departed was a disappointment--especially that resolution which I won't go into here so as not to be a "spoiler"--but will agree 1000% on Adam Sandler. Half a stolen Sam Kineson screaming act, half googoo booboo baby talk to appear "cute" to mothering-type women and ALL redundant. (Yeah, I know he's done one or two where he "broke character"--but that's all predictable now, too. see: Carrey, Jim)

I thought The Departed was a disappointment--especially that resolution which I won't go into here so as not to be a "spoiler"--but will agree 1000% on Adam Sandler. Half a stolen Sam Kineson screaming act, half googoo booboo baby talk to appear "cute" to mothering-type women and ALL redundant. (Yeah, I know he's done one or two where he "broke character"--but that's all predictable now, too. see: Carrey, Jim)
Yeah, it's almost up there with the old cliché of a column writer in a wrestling magazine writing as a character. (see: Venom, Vic):lol

Guest THE Stately
Robin Williams and Billy Crystal. I know they have many fans but I can't stand either one.

It's surprising to see so much resentment of Billy Crystal. But, man, you struck gold with Williams. This guy has an "annoying factor" that's entirely off the charts. And it seems that the people who think he's some sort of genius are also the kind I'd greatly enjoy shoving down an elevator shaft.