Fan Clubs (beta)

The American Football Thread

Guest FreeSpirit

What are the Cardinals' chances this year? Do they have any? :lol

I am a former student at ASU in Tempe, AZ, so I pledge allegience to Cardinals, Coyotes, Diamondbacks and Suns :).

Cheers!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the Cardinals' chances this year? Do they have any? :lol

I am a former student at ASU in Tempe, AZ, so I pledge allegience to Cardinals, Coyotes, Diamondbacks and Suns :).

Cheers!

The Cardinals have a very good defense, quite possibly the best recieving core in the NFL, and an all-timer at running back, but their offensive line and QB drama will more than likely hold them back.

The Cardinals have a very good defense, quite possibly the best recieving core in the NFL, and an all-timer at running back, but their offensive line and QB drama will more than likely hold them back.

Cheers for the info, Cash. :). I used to be quite in to my Gridiron when I was younger, and when I went to uni in Tempe I used to go and watch the Sun Devils, and rekindled my love for the game.

Now that I'm back in the UK, it's the staying up most of the night that prevents me from watching as much ball as I'd like.

Plus Sky usually only shows The Patriots :P.

I was on the ol' Cardinals website last night and they are excited about a draft pick they got called Early Doucet; legend has it he's a terrifically good prospect at Wide Receiver?

Cheers!

Go Cardinals!

Before I succombed to sleep last night Anquan Boldin was repeatedly delivering swift, steel toe-capped Dr Martens to the meaty posterior of the Miami Dolphins.

Here's hoping it stayed that way!

I'm slowly learning the key players for the ol' Cardinals this season: Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin and Early Doucet are all I know so far :P.

Cheers!

Go Cardinals!

Before I succombed to sleep last night Anquan Boldin was repeatedly delivering swift, steel toe-capped Dr Martens to the meaty posterior of the Miami Dolphins.

Here's hoping it stayed that way!

I'm slowly learning the key players for the ol' Cardinals this season: Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin and Early Doucet are all I know so far :P.

Cheers!

Toss in Larry Fitzgerald, who even above Boldin and Doucet, is your number 1 reciever, and you'll start to see why the red birds passing offense is to be feared. Fitz and Anquan (who, along with Devin Hester, is from my area :D) have been recognized as probably the two most downright physical recievers in the NFL. In a position dominated by flash and finesse, they absolutely lower the boom to defensive backs. Doucet is in the same mold.

The defending superbowl champions New York Football Giants roll into St. Louis and continue their road winning streak, 11 in a row dating back to last season after this 41-13 win.

Guest MastersGonads

Another good win for the Giants...which makes me happy!!

Watched the Pats v Jets last night...honestly how boring were the Pats? But Cassel got the job done...who needs Tom Brady ;)

What a finish to the Bronco's v Chargers game....I was whoopin at that!

And Miami still suck...

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Miami 38 - 14 New England

I am suprised about that result! talk about a whooping for the Pats against the worst team of last season!

Oakland 23 - 24 Buffalo

NOOOOOOOOO!! Oakland were 23 - 21 up with 3 seconds left before a 38 years field goal cost them the game :(

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

Guest MastersGonads
Miami 38 - 14 New England

I am suprised about that result! talk about a whooping for the Pats against the worst team of last season!

Talk about a shock, as Miami have been shocking, so far this season.

Giants won in OT, thanks to a field goal...talk about a nail biter...But Manning and company roll on!!

Guest MastersGonads
Cardinals lost at Washington, or were losing, the last I heard.

Has anyone got a final result for ol' Boyo (who cannae be @rsed to google it :lol)?

Cheers!

Lost 24 to 17..

Another result, I noticed was Philly winning at Pittsburgh, that made me happy...

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

The results from the weekend games are:

Kansas City 14

Atlanta 38

Oakland 23

Buffalo 24

Cincinnati 23

NY Giants 26

Miami 38

New England 13

Houston 12

Tennessee 31