Fan Clubs (beta)

The American Football Thread

Guest FreeSpirit

Go Cards!

We're on TV tonight in a Playoff and I for one am as surprised as I am chuffed that the ol' 'Zona have done as well sa they have this season. Jerry Warner is having a swansong season (albeit a bit patchy in places) and the offence has probably been the best in the entire league this season.

Here's to a place in the Superbowl...

Cheers!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

I'm slightly interested in this playoff, because there are Australian kickers on both teams, so whoever wins will be the first Aussie in the Super Bowl.

And at the moment it looks like it shall be Ben Graham. Congrats Boyo.

Cheers Redders!

Wooooooo!! What a great, tense, nail-biter of a game! The Cardinals whupped butt in the first half, and then almost collapsed in the second half. What a contrast. I am overjoyed that the Cards came through for once; they may not have the single-most talented players, the most high-profile names...but they do have one hell of a set of starters, who seem to pull it together when they need to.

Plus, is there a better Receiver right now than Fitzgerald!? Unplayable!

Seems like a good time to change my avatar, too :).

Cheers!

Plus, is there a better Receiver right now than Fitzgerald!? Unplayable!

Randy Moss. :devil

But yeah, Larry is f'n great also. Last night he played perfectly.

Randy Moss. :devil

No way jose (Drake). There's not a man on this earth who'd take Randy Moss first if he had choice of any WR in the league. Boss Fitz and Andre Johnson are side-by-side only the Teammate Assassin Steve Smith as the best WR's in the league now. Randy is still extremely f*cking dangerous and will drop a deuce on your defense, but he's more a system beneficiary than downright unguardable freak now. I still say he's #4, but he's GOAT no more.

Larry's 25 while Randy's 31, give the man a break. ^_^

But still, I believe in Super Randy. Just wait till a certain Mr. Brady comes back next season and we'll talk again.

Oh, BTW, what happened to Eli? Eagles? :lol

Larry's 25 while Randy's 31, give the man a break. ^_^

But still, I believe in Super Randy. Just wait till a certain Mr. Brady comes back next season and we'll talk again.

Oh, BTW, what happened to Eli? Eagles? :lol

PLAX~! shot our hopes out the sky. But, the biggest stars on the team and our GM say they want him back, so he'll be back, and we'll be back in the supahbowl.

Couldn't really expect us to win without our best offensive and defensive players.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy Redman
Great fourth quarter. I was rooting for the Cardinals on the basis of Ben Graham, so I'm disappointed they didnt win. Larry's touchdown was fantastic, as was Holmes managing to ground himself to score that freaking thing.

I am cursed as far as Super Bowls are concerned. Last year Randy catches what I thought was the winning TD and then fag Plaxico catches the winning td.....now, ****ing Larry catches what I thought to be the winning TD and then pops out fag Ben and Antonio....the EXACT same thing..

Oh f*ck.

My home team were pretty darned good last night, but lost to a much better team. For once, Arizona's D was out-performing their attack. Rodgers-Cromartie was awesome!

Larry struggled to get in the game, and it was only really in the 4th where they started to find him. He is the best receiver in the entire NFL though. He's proved this now.

What was Warner doing with 20 seconds to go, though? He waited and waited and waited...and then got robbed. He should have just chucked it to Larry.

Play of the game had to be that 100y interception/touchdown! Crikey! The poor git landed on his neck!

Cheers!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
The 100 year touchdown interception was awesome, seeing a lineman running the entire length of the field was such fun and him needing oxygen afterwards was even better :lol

If anyone doubted James Harrison as Defensive Player of the Year, that interception return must have swayed them.

Saying that, the penalty he gave away late in the fourth quarter for punching someone on their knees after blocking them in a punt return was mind-numbingly stupid and deserved more of a punishment.

Saying that, it didn't spoil my evening. Still wearing my Polamalu jersey and it's been nearly 36 hours since I put it on. Yikes.