Kids and Santa: What Age the Truth?

Paul

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nachomuncher

:kane First i would say Christmas is a magical time i Know some kids lead sheltered lives and believe and some kids with the slob mum and dad just take kids to town and buy for them.My problem with the story is with the teacher they need to be taught themselves for instance.

4 years ago my son came home from school and asked if we could go to the village where his teacher lived. I asked him and he told me we need to go by plane or boat???.

I had to ask him if he knew where she lived (thinking Hoyland a little village close to us and he misstook it for Holland)

"France" he told me . This teacher had been telling them for weeks she left school just after them and went to her house in france and came back every morning to teach. She even brought French (tesco) Loafs and French (asda) Cheese for them to try. The best thing is she is still teaching????. Santa is real i saw him kiss my wife:? :kane

I must admit, pregnancy, smoking and drugs werent anything that was happening in or around school with people my age at 11. I think the first I heard of people in our year smoking was when we were about 14-15. Drugs started creeping into it (mainly weed I think) around 15-16, but as long as you werent involved, you never really saw or heard much of it. Those lot pretty much kept it to themselves.

That's pretty much the same for me. At 11, basically everyone knew about 'Santa', and we were more interested in playing football and staying away from the LURGIES brought on by icky girls. :good222:

Oh and I told Richard the truth-not on purpose, a total accident, yet he still chose to semi believe for a few more years after that.

Sort of the same thing happened to me. When I was 6, I opened a wardrobe and loads of my Christmas presents were in it. My ma came in and closed it, clearly panicking, and said they were for someone else. I chose to believe it, then about 3 days after Christmas, I realised all the stuff I had seen were there on Christmas morning. Even with that, and so many people telling me he wasn't real, I still chose to semi-believe in him for a few years. But people who go about telling kids under 8 that Santa isn't real, who tend to have just found out for themselves, are the most annoying people.