Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

What are you reading?

King

Guest Da Showstoppa

Knight Rider III: Hearts of stone by Glen A Larson - The novellisation of the series, it's actually pretty good. (Got them from Amazon marketplace for about 20p each)

I want to read Chris Jericho's next.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Christof
I'm reading A Question of Blood, by Ian Rankin, in a quest to read all the Rebus books in order.

Funnily enough I'm on the same quest! Didn't want to not read them in order, just about to tuck into No 9.

I went to Bookends today and got "Further adventures of a london call girl" for £1.50 which is an absolute steal. I've started reading it, and I don't want to put it down which is a bit rubbish because I need sleep!

Also spotted a signed copy of Eamonn Holmes autobiography for £2 so I got it for the parents to give away as a posh looking christmas present. Result!

Guest Christof
Halfway through "The Damned United" by David Peace, it's so far had me nearly miss my tube stop several times. A fictional account of Cloughie's 44 days at Dirty Leeds, superb!

Guest The Great Ahmar
I finished Chris Jericho's book last night, it was probably the best book I've read period. So funny, and so many stories. I rarely put it down and was upset that it was over. I've started on Bret's book and it's awfully dull and very moany.

Just about to start James Whales autobiography which i got today.

When i heard him on his radio show talking about his book he claimed that he had a few choice word about a certain Radio 1 DJ.

Knowing Whale i thought that it would be a current Breakfast show DJ on said station. So i was a little taken aback when i found out that DJ has actully penned the foreword for Whales book.

Guest FreeSpirit
Not reading anything yet , but I'm eagerly awaiting DARKLY DREAMING DEXTER to arrive to my house. Bought the book (and Series 1 of Dexter) on Christmas Eve off play.com, and hope the book is as good as the TV Series.

Razzle.

Respect, man. I've got myself an issue, but I can't read much of it anymore, the pages are all stuck together.

I'm about a third of the way through My Boring-Ass Life by Kevin Smith, and it's a great read so far. It's literally a diary, in the form of entries, instead of a constant narrative. At first the present tense style was unusual but I quickly got past that, and now I'm really into it. He's got a really good way of telling stories, and I really dig his humour as well.

Just about to start James Whales autobiography which i got today.

When i heard him on his radio show talking about his book he claimed that he had a few choice word about a certain Radio 1 DJ.

Knowing Whale i thought that it would be a current Breakfast show DJ on said station. So i was a little taken aback when i found out that DJ has actully penned the foreword for Whales book.

Moyles is a huge fan of Whale (as stated in his first book), so I'm not surprised the two are friendly. For all the critique he gets, Moyles has a lot of respect for the old school DJs like Whale, Dickin, Stern, etc.

I'm intrigued as to who the Radio One DJ is that he "has a few choice words" for, though.

Guest The Beltster
Respect, man. I've got myself an issue, but I can't read much of it anymore, the pages are all stuck together.
Thats what you get when you read it while playing with crazy glue.