Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

What are you reading?

King

Chris Jerico's book. I skipped forward to the part where he accidentally KO'd Atsushi Onita with a botched Lionsault. But I'll head back to his childhood soon enough.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question, why do we read so many autobiographies? It would seem that most people when asked what they're reading (not just on here), usually answer with some celebrity book. Are we just naturally noisy buggers?

I noticed this too. We need some good fiction recommendations.

Guest Al Stevens
I think we're all intrested in how people got to that point in there lifes and hoping there success inspires us to follow in there footsteps. I think

I'm re-reading The Truth by Terry Pratchett and being reminded what a good book it is. Then I'll re-read witches abroad and then I'll need to increase my collection again with some more city watch books and perhaps the lost continent and some of the Death series, probably Soul Music.....

Guest Jimmy Redman

Apart from the usual celebrity nosy-ness, I have a slight feeling that I also enjoy autobiographies because of my geeky love of history, they're personalised views of history, in a way.

I read Chris Jericho's book last week, and it was amazingly awesome, now I'm back to 'The History of the World', which I am determined to finish this summer.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

I'll read biographies of other people, but not autobiographies. Think it's *** most new ones are all about self-publicising without being of any actual interest.

Guest Da Showstoppa
I'll read biographies of other people, but not autobiographies. Think it's *** most new ones are all about self-publicising without being of any actual interest.

Usually that's the case, although Richard Hammond's was pretty good in that respect (although admittedly it wasn't a full autobiography)

The last book I read was 'The Rise & Fall of ECW'. It was a pretty good read.

I'm still on the hunt for any of the Aliens, Predator and Alien v Predator novels from Steve Perry & co.

Guest Da Showstoppa
The last book I read was 'The Rise & Fall of ECW'. It was a pretty good read.

I'm still on the hunt for any of the Aliens, Predator and Alien v Predator novels from Steve Perry & co.

Try Amazon Marketplace, you can get loads of rare books there.

I'm currently reading James Ellroy's CrimeWave.

We (me and the voices in my head) read Ellroy (The Black Dahlia...you may have heard of it) in American Noir last year at Uni. If you enjoy Ellroy, you'll also enjoy the following:

-'Red Harvest' by Dashiell Hammett

-'The Postman Always Rings Twice' by James M. Cain

-'They Shoot Horses, Don't They?' by Horace McCoy

-'If He Hollers Let Him Go' by Chester Himes

-'The Real Cool Killers' by Chester Himes

-'The Killer Inside Me' by Jim Thompson

All Noir type fiction and all really good reads.