Fan Clubs | beta

The A-Team Remake

Guest bigmatt

Guest bigmatt

The A-Team remake set for next year directed by John Singleton,has been highly talked about and the main talking point is the fantasy cast,to replace the original cult classic T.V program cast.

There is a lot of talk about the role of B.A Baracus,originally played by Mr.T,going to Ice Cube.

Here is some talk from Ice Cube himself.

Recently, news broke that Ice Cube is being considered for the big screen version of "The A-Team," to be directed by John Singleton. BlackFilm got the chance to talk to Cube, who revealed that he is exited about taking over the role of BA Baracus, previously played by Mr. T on the TV series.

"I wouldn't try to duplicate what Mr. T did, but I will have the same impact on you when you were little watching the TV show," said Cube. "I'm going to bring my own flavor to it and I am going to do the mohawk."

At this point, Cube is not sure if the movie will become reality, but he confirmed that he has already been approached. "They want me to do it if all the business works out right."

He added: "I was a fan as a kid and that would be, not a dream come true, but it's definitely a good thing to do and I would put it on my resume for sure."

If all the pieces fall into place, this will be the third time that Cube would be working with Singleton, after collaborating on "Boyz n the Hood" and "Higher Learning."

The early talk was for people like Ving Rhames and Michael Clarke Duncan to be considered for the role.

Ive not heard anything else concerning the casting for the roles of John "Hannibal" Smith,"Face"-Templeton Peck or "Howling Mad" Murdoch,although people creating there fantasy cast have talked about people like George Clooney,Pierce Brosnan and Jim carey respectively.

What do you guys reckon.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be my dream cast.

Hannibal - Nicholas Cage

Peck - Brad Pitt

Howling Mad - Johnny Depp

B.A. - The Rock

I would be first in line for that movie

Hannibal - George Clooney

Murdoch - Jim Carrey/Bobcat Goldthwiate

Face - Heath Ledger

B.A. Baracus - Ving Rhames

Whenever I do this "dream cast" for The A Team movie, Face is always the hardest to choose.

Guest bigmatt

This is mine:

Hannibal-George Clooney

Face-Like D.C says this is the hardest and even though this film has been talked about for years,I still can't think of the right guy.Pierce Brosnan has the right look but is a bit too old.Face was classically good looking like pierce Brosnan and had the con man style,so I don't think guys like Brad Pitt could do the part.Hugh Jackman is an interesting prospect.

Murdoch-Jim Carey

B.A-Ving Rhames-He's perfect for the role in my eyes,he looks and sounds the part and is about the right height,a lot of people say guys like MCD,but they seem to forget B.A wasn't a huge guy height wise.

Changed my mind after watching CNN. Here's is my new cast.

Hannibal: Dick (I'm p***d where's my gun) Chaney

Face: Mahmoud ( I hate those American b***ds) Ahmadinejad

Howling Mad: George (my brother's name is Jeb) Bush

B.A.: Condeleeza (dont't touch me, I'm an ice queen) Rice

There you go perfect cast. Most will be out of work soon so no scheduling problems.

Guest Da Showstoppa
I think Murdock will be the hardest to cast, Jim Carrey has to be one of the only ones who could give him the range that Dwight Schultz gave him.

John Singelton has revealed who he wants to be "Howling Mad" Murdoch...

Howlin' Mad Harrelson?

John Singleton wants Woody for The A-Team

15 Jan 2008 9:38am

Despite Ice Cube talking up his status as Mr T’s worthy successor recently, Collider.com bumped into John Singleton recently and got the skinny from the man who is directing the movie-fied version of The A-Team.

And while it’s still possible that Cube will slot into place in his vision, Singleton was quick to point out that casting is still very much in the air. He did, however, big up a certain action for one of the other roles… “I don’t know who is in the cast yet. But I do know that the only person I want right now is, that I really, really want is Woody Harrelson to play Murdock – the guy who is crazy but he’s kind of real smart, a jack of all trades.”

For more on Singleton’s plan for the ‘80s throwbacks, such as describing the current script as “Like Lethal Weapon – very serious, but with humour”, hit up Collider.com’s interview

I must admit, I would never have thought of Woody Harrelson for the role, but the more I think about it now, he could do a great job.

I still want Jim Carrey though.

Edited by DC

B.A. - 'Iron' Mike Tyson

Hannibal - Charlton Heston

Face - Michael Douglas if he was 15-20 years younger but nowadays, Christian Slater

Murdoch - Jim Carey, he just seems the ideal choice, i don't think Woody could pull off the same kind of wackyness Jim could

Edited by Burakiosaurus

Guest bigmatt
I don't like the sound of Woody Harrelson for H.M Murdoch.Dwight Schultz was a really funny and energetic guy,who would often just improvise stuff.Aparently it could really mess up Stephen J Cannell's schedule as the extras would often burst out laughing and you can still see it in some of the episodes.I don't think Woody has that energetic unpredictable nature.I'm still looking forward to seeing how this turns out though.

Guest Da Showstoppa
I don't like the sound of Woody Harrelson for H.M Murdoch.Dwight Schultz was a really funny and energetic guy,who would often just improvise stuff.Aparently it could really mess up Stephen J Cannell's schedule as the extras would often burst out laughing and you can still see it in some of the episodes.I don't think Woody has that energetic unpredictable nature.I'm still looking forward to seeing how this turns out though.

I don't think anyone could portray Murdock's delusions as well as Dwight Schultz. Even Carrey is too off the wall. Schultz managed to tone it down, yet still be insane.

I was watching Clooney in Batman & Robin yesterday, and I thought of him as Hannibal might work.

• 2 months later...

We don't have a cast yet, but we at least have a release date.

News: The A-Team gets a release date

Maybe you can hire them next summer…

20 Mar 2008 9:31am

While John Singleton’s film version of classic ‘80s action cheese The A-Team hasn’t yet announced a cast (come on… give us Woody Harrelson as Howlin’ Mad Murdock! You know you want to), the film does have a US release date across the pond. Which means that it’s just taken one step closer to actually happening.

20th Century Fox will expect the team to escape from a maximum-security stockade to cinemas in America (and over here, if the day-and-date fashion continues) on 12 June 2009, according to Variety.

We’ll bring you casting news as soon as it’s announced. Now, if you’ll excuse us, we’re off to get locked in a garage and build a tank that fires cabbages.

Credit: http://www.totalfilm.com Edited by DC

Guest nachomuncher
I think Murdock will be the hardest to cast, Jim Carrey has to be one of the only ones who could give him the range that Dwight Schultz gave him.

:kane cant agree more:kane

• 1 year later...

Major bump, but I think this is worth it; the first official picture of the cast (with the van clouded on the left).

http://i38.tinypic.com/9ulmgx.jpg

We have, from left to right, Bradley Cooper as Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Quinton Jackson as BA Baracus (with mohawk), Sharlto Copley as HM "Howlin' Mad" Murdock and Liam Neeson as John "Hannibal" Smith.

What do you think?