Fan Clubs | beta

UFO's Real or Fiction

Guest Fiona

Lately there has been a number of UFO reports coming out of the US. Most recently Texas. They have had mutliple sightings of lights in the sky that cannot be explained by any rational means. A lot of the witnessess seem to be very credible and there is videotape footage to back them up. My question is do you believe that we are being visited by out of this world spaceships or is it just a load of bunk? I personally don't know as I have never seen one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a heavy believer of UFO's and Extra Terrestrials/aliens ect. This is the first time I've heard about reports from the US though. While I'd like to believe we are being visted, I think it may just be a hoax. Do you have any links to these videos?

I have had three separate "unexplained" sightings occur.

One of them I was really tired, so that is easier to explain away, but the other two are not so easily quashed. For starters, both had more than just me seeing the "objects" in the sky. Add in to that the fact the second one appeared over a period of sequential nights in varying sizes (but always the same shape/light formation).

I believe that there is something else out there. Truth be told, both situations are amazing. On the one hand, this planet is the only planet in existance to be able to sustain life. On the other, there are civilizations waiting to be discovered/revealed.

Guest Anime Otaku
Well Earth is the only planet discovered so far to support life. I think saying Humans are the only intelligent lifeforms out there is really hugely arrogant. There's so many othet stars and planets have been discovered around them that there is less chance of aliens not existing.

Guest John Hancock
If the universe in infinate, then so is the chance of aliens existing. I'm as sure as I can be that there are aliens out there, but I don't particually believe they've ever come to Earth. Well, certainly not as much as people say they do.

Guest MastersGonads

My parents swear they saw something when they were younger (1966) and first 'courting'. I believe them as I see no reason why they would fabricate something like this, and plus there stories were backed up by numerous similar sightings of what they described to local police.

Obviously at the time they were laughed at, but with the other sightings there stories were given credability...

They still have the newspaper cuttings of the sightings...

Guest Slim Jim
If the universe in infinate, then so is the chance of aliens existing. I'm as sure as I can be that there are aliens out there, but I don't particually believe they've ever come to Earth. Well, certainly not as much as people say they do.

My thoughts.

Guest The Beltster
My parents swear they saw something when they were younger (1966) and first 'courting'. I believe them as I see no reason why they would fabricate something like this.
It was the 60's and in Cornwall...they were probably stoned hippy's. My auntie Debra was probably with them along with the majority of the young population of Devon and Cornwall.

Its no surprise there were so many sightings in the era of flower power, everybody was f*cked up.

I agree with this.

Guest MastersGonads
It was the 60's and in Cornwall...they were probably stoned hippy's. My auntie Debra was probably with them along with the majority of the young population of Devon and Cornwall.

Its no surprise there were so many sightings in the era of flower power, everybody was f*cked up.

Ha! You dont know my parents....flower power really didnt make it to Cornwall...it was all Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper rather than Hendrix!!

I am a heavy believer of UFO's and Extra Terrestrials/aliens ect. This is the first time I've heard about reports from the US though. While I'd like to believe we are being visted, I think it may just be a hoax. Do you have any links to these videos?

I have checked Youtube and others and there are no links available yet CNN is all over it. I do think that other planets can support life although how advanced is it? My dad said he saw a UFO once but he had more than one beer and the best my mom and I can come up with is that he saw a huge bird. He will go to his grave swearing it was a UFO. By the way there is tons of reported UFO sightings in the US especially Florida and Arizona

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Since a UFO is simply an object or light in the sky that can't be explained then obviously UFO's do exist, now the question of are these UFO's alien life comming to Earth then i'm not so sure, I do believe there is some form of life out there, simply because of the sheer amount of planets in the universe its hard to believe that only ours capable of supporting life in some shape or form but if they would bother comming to Earth should they be advanced enough is highly doubful to me

Guest Kanenite
I believe in them, if we've managed to develop aircraft then what means someone else can't create something more advanced. And I do believe there is life out there aswell, I think it's very naive not to. They say that we are the only planet who sustains living conditions but who's to say other things might survive in a different atmosphere to us.

However, given what we know about physics and how fast things can travel and so forth, it is highly unlikely any being from across the universe will ever visit Earth. Interstellar travel is extremely difficult, damn near impossible.

Now, UFOs do exist. But none of them are spaceships from another planet. Every UFO ever seen by a person on Earth has some terrestrial origin. By definition, a UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object, nothing more.

There are a lot of recorded UFO sightings all over the world but most of these sightings happen late at night and in areas with wide open spaces like the country side. Evidence of UFO sightings have even been documented through photos and video cameras. However, such shots can be faked so the evidence still has to undergo the close scrutiny of the experts before they are declared as genuine photos or footage.

Christ Jesus told us that when the end of the age would come (the generation just before the Second Advent of Christ) there would be "fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven" (Luke 21:11). Some of these signs would be given to God’s people (by God or angelic powers under God’s direction) to warn them of impending events (Luke 21:25), while other signs would be allowed to be demonstrated by Satan and his angels to deceive the world. The apostle Paul spoke of the Man of Sin (whom some called the Antichrist) ‘whose coming is after the working of Satan with evil power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth that they might be saved (from the end-time trouble]. And for this cause GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie (Greek: the LIE, II Thessalonians 2:9-11 capitalization mine).

So UFO's could come but i doubt they will contain Aliens.

However, given what we know about physics and how fast things can travel and so forth, it is highly unlikely any being from across the universe will ever visit Earth. Interstellar travel is extremely difficult, damn near impossible.

Maybe they wont travel faster than light. I remember scientists a few years back being excited over a way to fold space in order to travel quickly.

Now, UFOs do exist. But none of them are spaceships from another planet. Every UFO ever seen by a person on Earth has some terrestrial origin. By definition, a UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object, nothing more.

There are a lot of recorded UFO sightings all over the world but most of these sightings happen late at night and in areas with wide open spaces like the country side. Evidence of UFO sightings have even been documented through photos and video cameras. However, such shots can be faked so the evidence still has to undergo the close scrutiny of the experts before they are declared as genuine photos or footage.

Christ Jesus told us that when the end of the age would come (the generation just before the Second Advent of Christ) there would be "fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven" (Luke 21:11). Some of these signs would be given to God’s people (by God or angelic powers under God’s direction) to warn them of impending events (Luke 21:25), while other signs would be allowed to be demonstrated by Satan and his angels to deceive the world. The apostle Paul spoke of the Man of Sin (whom some called the Antichrist) ‘whose coming is after the working of Satan with evil power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth that they might be saved (from the end-time trouble]. And for this cause GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie (Greek: the LIE, II Thessalonians 2:9-11 capitalization mine).

So UFO's could come but i doubt they will contain Aliens.

I sat nodding to myself at the first two paragraphs. Your description of the self-delusion that is UFOlogy was excellent. The third paragraph contains just the sort of thinking that allows people to believe in UFOs as visitors from other worlds - it's the substitution of one baseless assumption for another.