Fan Clubs | beta

Name the films that made you cry when you watched them

Guest Rebekah

Guest Laffy

Shawshank Redemption - When Red and Andy meet up again.

Inn of the Sixth Happieness where the kids who have walked amonth over the mountains through the war ravaged country turnup in China in time to go to the orphanage.

Awakenings - Too many places to mention but mainly the end, it is inspiring and thought provoking and just sad.

Gladiator - At the end when he sees his wife and child.

Patch Adams - When his girl friend is murdered and he has to go on with life and sees a butterfly at the window.

Many many others.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe anyone was sucked into crying at those pieces of crap, 'Forrest Gump', 'Patch Adams' and 'The Green Mile'. Not that I have a heart of stone or anything but, God damn, they're emotionally exploitative, overly sentimental rubbish that I had to laugh and figuratively roll my eyes at. Gump at the gravestone, telling Jenny about how their annoying little brat son is doing? That actually got to people? It was so overly saccharine, you could practically taste the sugar through the TV screen. I could understand some of those listed but, man, don't fall for some Michael Bay trash fest or some lame ass Hanks 'weepie'. And I like Tom Hanks.

I'm with Slim Jim, I cry when mofos take hours of my life that could be spent doing better things like hammering nails into my eyeballs and, yes, I'm looking at you, Peter f*cking Jackson.

Guest Kanenite

I don't cry at films I just get sad, but The Green Mile was one exception. Where John's doing 'The Green Mile' to the Electric chair I filled up and then he sits down in the chair and all of the guards are crying I started, so sad.

And i'm with Beltmark, I cried at ET when I was 5 because I didn't want him to go home :lol

I'm a soppy sh*te at times... but that's ok, because real men aren't afraid to cry.

With 'Forrest Gump', I cry when he's asking if his kid is "stupid like him" or not because it's not a phony, sugar-coated piece of forced sentiment like the rest of the movie.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Eugh Watership down is scary :(
Yes it was the only film to ever scare me properly!

There is a scene in Titanic that made me cry, but I can't remember what the scene is, I am trying to remember it but nothing is comming to me :doh32:

Yes it was the only film to ever scare me properly!

There is a scene in Titanic that made me cry, but I can't remember what the scene is, I am trying to remember it but nothing is comming to me :doh32:

When the father has to let go of the little girl and he's crying and so is she.??

Hmm lets see now, I actually think I dont have a heart because I've just sat and thought about every film I can remember seeing and not one tearful moment pops into my head oh man I need help I'm cold. I've got some of the biggest weepies in my DVD collection too. Film makers talents are lost on me clearly.

xXx

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
When the father has to let go of the little girl and he's crying and so is she.??
Possibly, I have seen it twice on TV and cried each time but I for the life of me can't remember which part, it could be that part or another, if I see it again will find out

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shane O Mac
Brokeback Mountain...I was in tears the first time I saw it! Titanic, Hocus Pocus, Hairspray, Enchanted, I Am Sam...sure theres more!

Guest Looleybelle

Notebook, the ending gets me every time

Pay It Forward, the kid dies at the end, always upsetting

Armageddon, who hasnt cried when they watched that lol