Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  19 members  ·  Free

Anime

Anime

Guest Kanenite

It depends. If you want serious entertainment (and I'm talking to the level of a serious regular TV program, like Heroes or something), then Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, or Gundam 00. If you want something more gun-ho, straight forward entertainment, give Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece a go.

It depends. If you want serious entertainment (and I'm talking to the level of a serious regular TV program, like Heroes or something), then Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, or Gundam 00. If you want something more gun-ho, straight forward entertainment, give Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece a go.

Ok, will do. I've watched a little Naruto and Bleach in the past, but I'll be sure to check out the others. I did quite enjoy Cowboy Bebop when I've watched it, so I'll be continuing with that also.

Bebop is a series that you really have to watch sequentially to appreciate it. It's only 26 episodes, and each set out to accomplish something and build on the overall story and the characters.

Naruto you can kinda pick-up when and wherever, then just read up on what you missed out on and decide if you want to check it out. Oh, and make sure to avoid the fillers.

Guest Kanenite
Bebop is great, I got the DVD last week and am up to about episode 11 now. I wasn't too keen on it from the first episode but it really grew and each episode had its individual purpose. Great Series.

Guest Black Knight
I still watch anime sometimes on certain days I catch it. Dragon Ball Z is a pretty good show that I perfer for lots of people who likes shows like naruto. The only anime shows I really watch is Dragon Ball Z and Naruto.

Guest Bryp13
I used to watch Dragon Ball z but then I lost interest in it. Still got almost all of their tapes ever made.

Guest Black Knight
I used to watch Dragon Ball z but then I lost interest in it. Still got almost all of their tapes ever made.

I can never lose interest in Dragon Ball Z. Have you ever seen Dragon Ball GT?

I can never lose interest in Dragon Ball Z. Have you ever seen Dragon Ball GT?

Unfortunately, yes. I thought they destroyed Goku's character to the utmost. Turning him back into a kid was really stretching it. And then his charachter completely lost everything it once was, and wasn't even similar to how he was as a child in the original Dragonball. They didn't even have the artist on board. It's just as much a Dragonball series, as the Sci-Fi TV show WWE presents ECW is Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Now Dragonball, the original series was exactly that; Original. Crude comedy: love it. Dramatic fight scenes where the main character really has to do something more special than a Kamehameha: Watchable!

Guest Black Knight
Unfortunately, yes. I thought they destroyed Goku's character to the utmost. Turning him back into a kid was really stretching it. And then his charachter completely lost everything it once was, and wasn't even similar to how he was as a child in the original Dragonball. They didn't even have the artist on board. It's just as much a Dragonball series, as the Sci-Fi TV show WWE presents ECW is Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Now Dragonball, the original series was exactly that; Original. Crude comedy: love it. Dramatic fight scenes where the main character really has to do something more special than a Kamehameha: Watchable!

Lots of infor about DBGT because I have never watched the whole thing before. I just seen how Goku got turned to a kid and the beggining of the baby sega.

Dragonball is my all-time favourite anime. As much as I love Z, Dragonball just about beats it.

Guest Black Knight
Dragonball is my all-time favourite anime. As much as I love Z, Dragonball just about beats it.

Yea Dragon Ball was a pretty good show while is last. Im pretty sure they could have had more episodes added on to Dragon Ball but I guess they were in a hurry to come out with the first episode on Dragon Ball Z. The episode was about Goku's brother Raditz.

But Dragon Ball Z was pretty decent too and one of my favorite fights was Goku vs Vegeta in the Majin Buu sega.

Yea Dragon Ball was a pretty good show while is last. Im pretty sure they could have had more episodes added on to Dragon Ball but I guess they were in a hurry to come out with the first episode on Dragon Ball Z. The episode was about Goku's brother Raditz.

But Dragon Ball Z was pretty decent too and one of my favorite fights was Goku vs Vegeta in the Majin Buu sega.

I don't see how they could've had more episodes, it would've just been filled with filler.

The Saiyan Saga (the first saga for those non-Z'ers) was probably my favourite from Z, but I do love the Frieza and Cell Games saga.

Guest Kanenite

I finished watching Cowboy Bebop last night, what an amazing series, really liked it.

Now when I get some money which will be about a month i'll be buying Ghost in the Shell SAC Series 1 and Dragonball Z Series 1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frank Botch

Just finished the Berzerk series.Nowhere near as good as the manga IMO.It would've been pretty good if it hadn't been an adaptation but it changed too much of the source material for me to really like it.I still watched all the episodes though.

On the manga front I just read Old Boy and thought it was great.

Probably gonna check out Death Note next.

Probably gonna check out Death Note next.

I've got the first volume of Death Note, but to be honest, it doesn't seem to be cracked up to what everyone says it is. I'll probably read the other volumes later on, just to see if it gets better.

I've got the first volume of Death Note, but to be honest, it doesn't seem to be cracked up to what everyone says it is. I'll probably read the other volumes later on, just to see if it gets better.

Personally, I think reading Death Note is just the wrong way to go. I haven't seen many complaints as far as how the anime depicts events (even from hardcore nerds oh I mean purists), and it's generally easier to enjoy video than print.

There's no action in the series. Just a lot of cunning and suspense. I could only imagine looking at pictures of guys sitting around pondering wouldn't help the tense feeling of the series at all.

Personally, I think reading Death Note is just the wrong way to go. I haven't seen many complaints as far as how the anime depicts events (even from hardcore nerds oh I mean purists), and it's generally easier to enjoy video than print.

There's no action in the series. Just a lot of cunning and suspense. I could only imagine looking at pictures of guys sitting around pondering wouldn't help the tense feeling of the series at all.

One of my friends started to dislike Light a little when he started to watch the anime and the first film. I'm going to give the anime a go once I get some cash to buy the DVD, as my opinion might change, much like it did with Bleach.

Guest Frank Botch

It does kind of pick up.I've read the first four volumes(got them from a friend who didn't like the first volume and wanted to get rid of the others) and I agree it starts slow but I really got into it after the first two volumes.It might just be me though because I always seem to prefer the manga ever since reading Akira after watching the movie.

Guest Reno
It does kind of pick up.I've read the first four volumes(got them from a friend who didn't like the first volume and wanted to get rid of the others) and I agree it starts slow but I really got into it after the first two volumes.It might just be me though because I always seem to prefer the manga ever since reading Akira after watching the movie.

I'm hoping it'll pick up, though I'm not sure when I'll be getting the next few volumes.

I've always prefered reading manga than watching anime, but I enjoy doing both.