Fan Clubs | beta

Top Gear is back....

Guest Laffy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Carr is the most annoying gay bloke on the box, i mean Graham Nortons annoying after a while but Carr takes it to a whole new level!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Since this thread is about Top Gear I though I would post this here:

Top Gear has been rapped by the BBC Trust for showing Jeremy Clarkson and James May drinking at the wheel

The show's presenters were seen sipping gin and tonics during their attempt to become the first people to drive a car to the Magnetic North Pole.

They used a heavily modified Toyota pick-up truck, while Richard Hammond raced against them in a sled pulled by dogs.

At one point, May asked Clarkson to "slow down while I cut the lemon".

Producers of the show defended the footage, saying the item was filmed in an uninhabitable area of the North Pole. The executive producer said it was filmed in international waters, the presenters were not shown to be drunk or not in control of the car, and they were beyond the jurisdiction of any drink-driving laws.

But the BBC Trust's Editorial Standards Committee (ESC) said 10% of the pre-watershed show's audience were under the age of 16.

It said: "Given that some children might regard the presenters as role models, the scenes could be seen to glamorise the misuse of alcohol. The Committee did not think that the scenes of drinking while driving were editorially justified in the context of family entertainment.

"As such, the Committee concluded that there had been a breach of the guidelines and that, in future, repeats of this programme should not be shown pre-watershed unless the scene was edited out."

The ESC rejected complaints about the staging of shots in the Top Gear: Polar Special, which was broadcast last summer at 8pm on BBC2. A viewer complained that the show did not distinguish between the North Pole and the Magnetic North Pole.

But the ESC said: "The presenters had undertaken a continuous journey to the Magnetic North Pole and the use of cutaway shots had not misled the audience but had provided a greater variety of pictures which amounted to acceptable artifice."

Credit: Press Association

I am now wondering how much ripping this complaint will get on air from Jeremy esspecially during the rest of this serise... I am hoping alot :lol

Guest Da Showstoppa
Gotta love James May's police car with ROZZERS on it and the ice cream van chimes :)

Check out the bonnet of Jezza's Fiat. In mirror writing under "Policia" it says "It's the Filth!"

Love it - Sunday's cool wall was the funniest in ages as well.

James May and Richard Hammond could leave Top Gear after failing to agree contract terms, according to a report.

The pair, whose contracts expire at the end of the month, are said to want pay deals more in line with co-host Jeremy Clarkson, which the BBC may not be prepared to meet.

"Internally there is talk that there might be a chance for the first time that there could be a break up of the team, it has got that bad," MediaGuardian quotes a source as saying.

"There has been a lot of pulling out of hair, a Mexican stand-off. For the first time it is possible that one or both might leave."

The source added: "They don't want to accept second status any more. There has been a meltdown in negotiations."

Digital Spy.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

BBC pay Ross £18million for, was it, a 5 year deal but won't pay up for Hammond and May?!

Idiots!!!!!!!!!

Guest Jung
I imagine they'll work this out. The fact that both Hammond and May do other shows which are quite variable means they could quite easily get the BBC type contract which Ross gets (as he does radio, chat show, other shows), albeit for less money. Thus I can't see BBC not being able to sort that one.

Guest Al Stevens
We've just returned from checking out the filming for this Sunday's Top Gear, and what a belter it's going to be.

First up there's Bentley's awesome Brooklands. It's one of life's great ironies that supercars are designed to appeal to kids, not the people who can afford them (i.e. middle-aged men who are more interested in having a nice sit down than setting a new lap record at the 'Ring). But with the Brooklands, Bentley figures it has the answer.

JC investigates... by taking the £250,000, 530bhp Brooklands on a quiet sojourn around our Dunsfold test track. Well, we say quiet...

Next up there's a 'Cheap Alfa Romeo Challenge'. Continuing the TG tradition for 'cheap challenges' (think supercars, Porsches etc.) the Alfa task sees Clarkson, Hammond and May buying a bargain Romeo and, well, you know the score...

All our esteemed presenters maintain that you can't be a true petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa. The producers beg to differ, so it's up to the boys to demonstrate the joys of owning a car from the pride of Milan.

In the studio, Gavin and Stacey's BAFTA award-winning actor and writer James Corden is this week's celebrity hoping to add his name to the upper reaches of our celeb board.

Old hand Rob Brydon joins James to show him the ropes, having cut his teeth on our test track in series 3 and setting a lap time quicker than his mate and petrolhead Steve Coogan.

In the news, there are some exciting updates about the Dacia Sandero, and Jeremy continues his new campaign against signs.

Check it all out, this Sunday (July 6) on BBC2 at 8pm.

Taken from TopGear.com

I am looking forward to the Cheap Alfa Romeo Challenge, I have a feeling that is going to be funny as hell to watch.

Guest MojoPogo
Should be great, saw May at Wimbledon who was the woman he was with anyone?

His other half i believe. Contrary to popular belief, the May is not in fact, gay. Hmm, a Seuss-ism there....

Guest Al Stevens
Just got to love the news! Anyone know what Jeremy finds in the internet?:lol

Also have to laugh at the Dacia Sandero news:lol

I shale give you a tip

four words

Starts with a P end with an N

Yes i also love the Dacia Sandero news as well. Anyway back to the topic :lol

I was laughing my head off at the Alfa challenge. I think i might take side with the producers and advoid the Alfa's when i get my test sorted :lol

Edit: Ladies and Gentlemen i think i have found the funniest usless sign ever, here it is

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/alstevens1983/funny_road_signs_005.jpg

Edited by Al Stevens