Top Gear is back....

Guest Laffy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fondue?

Greatness...

It must be from now on set as a rule that no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing, at some point Clarkson and Hammond HAVE to hide some sort of horrid food item in May's car.

The hiding of the tow rope as well was classic and you could feel the hatred building up in May at every nudge because he really, REALLY wanted to do well and win the Alfa challenge... but somehow, and I don't know how, Clarkson did despite the evil paint job he did on his car.

Hope the Beeb pull there finger out on Hammond and May's contracts, the pair should be rewarded for aiding Clarkson in bringing in the figures and making the show enjoyable again after the boring days of Wilson etc who now host the booooring Fifth Gear on Five.

I mean Hammond, less then a year after a life threatening head injury, sustained on the show no less, went for the good of the show to the North Pole on a Dog Sled.

That surely deserves a reward?

Guest Inno
Loved Clarkson telling Hammond "Oh yeah, I had a blow out and I held it like a man, I didn't go on Fern and Phillip and cry about it" :D

Guest Al Stevens

Oh everyone next week it's the return of the Epic race i believe, or thats what i got under the impression off the BBC website.

You knew that the second Jezza or May had a blow out (ok more realistic that was Jezza) the whole rocket car thing was going to be brought up again.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

BBC has told Hammond and May to accept the offer of they will be replaced simple as that, but Clarkson has said he is confident they will stay despite the row they are having about pay

As for the last episode, it was hillarious when Clarkson was trying to tug Hammond up hill :lol

Guest Da Showstoppa
BBC has told Hammond and May to accept the offer of they will be replaced simple as that, but Clarkson has said he is confident they will stay despite the row they are having about pay

As for the last episode, it was hillarious when Clarkson was trying to tug Hammond up hill :lol

All three episodes of the new series have been excellent - I hope it's the bullet train race this week.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
The Bullet Train race was briliant this week, like Inno said it just gets better and better every week :lol

Guest Da Showstoppa
The Bullet Train race was briliant this week, like Inno said it just gets better and better every week :lol

It does, the quality of each episode has been excellent, I loved the bullet train race against the new Nissan GTR - I really thought Jezza had had it with this one and Captain and Hamster would beat him.

CREDIT:TheSunOnline

TOP Gear stars James May and Richard Hammond have landed themselves a bumper £10,000 pay rise per show.

Hammond, 38, had been looking to more than double his £15,000 fee, while May, 45, wanted the BBC to almost treble his £10,000 pay.

Sources even suggested they were looking for more than show anchor Jeremy Clarkson, 48.

Their agents figured the Sun columnist was making a fortune out of deals to promote Top Gear around the world.

But bosses told them to accept packages believed to be between £20,000 and £25,000 — or quit. An insider disclosed: “It’s no secret there was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing.

“Their agents wanted them to get a larger slice of the pie but the BBC only had a finite amount it was prepared to offer.

“The Beeb and the agents have finally found some common ground and contracts should be signed within days.”

And James broke his silence over the stand-off earlier this week when he told Radio Five Live that he hoped to sign “unless I get fired”.

He added: “I have never stormed off over money or contracts. I have never seen Richard storm off either.”

This is great news.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Thank god that May and Hammond have signed up for the future, the mere idea of bringing in 2 new presenters is just unthinkable

Guest Da Showstoppa
Thats great news and lets hope that all three will carry on making highly entertaining shows.

Certainly no evidence of the quality dropping from this season! :good222: Glad the boys are staying together.

Guest Laffy
If he had stayed in the car he would have been fine. Good episode last night although i did want to see the producers wreck Clarkesons and Mays car.

Guest Al Stevens

I think when i when a massive amount of money i might treat myself to a dicator car, it looked lovely.

He should have stayed in the car as well... Stupid stupid Clarkson :( :lol

Was a really varied and fun bag of stuff on Sunday.

Clarkson's dash around the country side being chased by Hunting Dogs was fun, mainly for his constant Mr Darcy jibes at Hammond and of course just lobbing Hammond over his horse when giving him a leg up...

Also the Nissan looks completely awesome, after all it corners quicker then electricity! No wonder that thing beat the bullet train, and that was a version limited to 120mph, unlike the beast that stuff Clarkson in hospital lol.

Seriously want that car now, even though I don't earn £52,000 or can in fact drive lol.