Fan Clubs | beta

Favorite Arcade Game

Guest Black Knight

Guest Black Knight

The title says it all. What is your favorite arcade game?

My favorite arcade game is Pacman. Mainly because I have been playing it all my life and im so good at it. Even tho the game is pretty old it will still be around in twenty more years. The video game has been around for ages - ever since my mother was a teenager.

Another game I enjoyed playing is Breakout. Its nothing compared too Pac-man, but its a decent game and I recommend it.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Street Fighter

Anyone who says anything other then Street Fighter is simply wrong and should hang their heads in shame, well you may get away with Mortal Kombat but even that is a step down from Street Fighter in regards to Arcade games!

Guest Al Stevens

Old School:

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/50arcadecabinets/tmnt.jpg

current:

http://www.weinerd.com/images/Used%20Sales%20Page%20revised/Feb%208,%202008/TimeCrisis3%20thumb.JPG

The vector-graphics original version of Star Wars with the hydraulic pod is probably the best arcade game of all time (it had sampled speech and music FFS).

I'd also like to give a shout out to the scrolling beat-em-ups (a genre sorely missed IMO) and hail the greatness of Double Dragon (best end-theme tune ever) and

; quite possibly the best scrolling beat-em-up (with the best bosses) in history.

Others to get a mention are Splatterhouse, Rolling Thunder, Robocop (best Robocop game by a mile), Shinobi (original) and Rygar.

A lot of these games look bad compared to the machines of today, but back then, when I was a young lad, these were the pinnacle of gaming.

Guest Anime Otaku
Space harrier, specifically the sitdown cabinets with hydraulics. More recently I'd go for HotD 3, or any Virtua Fighter/Tekken/Soul Calibur with one of the massive screens (though I'm not 100% sure Soul Calibur ever had a big screen version).

Guest The Beltster

WWF Superstars. I spent all my pocket money playing that with my mate Leon in John Sparrow's newsagent back when we were 9 -10. I was always Hogan, he was always Bossman and we used to smash everybody.

http://www.alsarcade.com/Andy/arc/grose/pics/conv44.jpg

Guest Evil Monkey

Wonder Boy. Not sure what it was about it, I just thought it was pretty cool (looking back, I can see that was a mistake)

Also Turtles and The Simpsons.

With Beltster putting up his love for WWF Superstars, I was reminded of my love for Wrestlefest and its (for the time) awesome graphics and sound effects.

I had little clue what I was doing in regards to moves, but it was great to button bash.

Guest The Beltster
I also used to spend tons of money in the Bretonside underground bus depot playing Captain America and the Avengers. I always chose Iron Man, he was nails.