Fan Clubs | beta

Your Top 5 Games Of All-Time

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest Chriscare
I think it is safe to say that the X-Box 360,Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii have had many great games released for them since their arrivals.

After trying to give my friend a list of 5 games that make the Wii a must have, and failing, I'd have to strongly disagree with that the statement. Other than Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers it really struggles (Mario Kart maybe a weak 3rd choice, i certainly wouldn't class it as great) which is pretty bad to say it's been out over 2 years now.

Anyway, my top 5 games of all time are....

Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

If you've never played a Zelda game, this is where to start. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the original 2 on the NES, and still remains very playable to this day.

Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (N64)

I recommend this game to everyone, whether you've played a zelda game before or not, it's never too late. I never played this one on the N64, i got zelda collection disk for the gamecube and started playing it over a year ago, it has brought me endless hours of fun, and i look forward to seeing what the next 3 bring.

Super Mario 64 (N64)

I mentioned before about reasons to get a Wii, although they're haven't been a great deal of new games released for it, there have been a great deal of retro releases on its virtual console, as well as the two Zeldas above, there's this little baby. Mario 64 was my first virtual console download. It's a massive game, and with 150 stars to get it'll keep you occupied for hours. Personally I think that Mario Sunshine improves upon 64, and Galaxy blows that away too. However, Mario 64's nostalgic feeling as well as the fact that jumping into pictures is so much cooler than going to new planets, mean that for at least one more year, it keeps it's 12 year place in my top 5.

Knight of the Old Republic (X-Box)

Compared to the PS2, there weren't a great deal of brilliant exclusives on the xbox if you weren't into FPS. There was Fable, and then there was the brilliant KOTOR games. The first one was far superior to the 2nd (mainly due to it's awesome gripping story), and was the most addictive game I've ever played (This game replaced sleep). Simply brilliant, I've not played in in over a year, perhaps i'll give it a bash the xmas.

Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3/360)

Got this on it's release, I play it pretty much ever week and I've still not completed the story, let alone all the extras in this game. It just doesn't seem to get old, it's stunning visuals make it better than every other GTA or Sandbox game out there, I've never been to new york, but I almost feel like I have with this gem.

I'm having a tough time trying to justify not selling my wii. I only have it for Twilight Princess and everything else I've played on it was meh. Mario Kart wasn't even nearly as good as the DS version. It's gotta go.

Guest Al Stevens

You see this is why I never got a Wii, mostly because I knew that most of the greater games would be out for either the PS3 or Xbox 360, I think someone from sega summed the Wii up greatly.

"The worlds most expensive Board Game"

Guest Chriscare
I'm having a tough time trying to justify not selling my wii. I only have it for Twilight Princess and everything else I've played on it was meh. Mario Kart wasn't even nearly as good as the DS version. It's gotta go.

I know what you mean. There just seems to have been nothing on the Horizon for ages. There's one good looking game coming out in March called MadWorld but that could easily be rubbish.

Only reason I'm keeping it is because I still use the gamecube function, and there's virtual console games I want. Also i'm quite interested by using the balance board with Skate and snowboarding

Top 5 games of all time, Inno style.... oh yeah!

1. Bubble Bobble

I have played this on EVERY system I've ever owned, and I loves it more than life itself. Best game, EVER. Gameplay is the thing with me, and this has it in bucketloads. And sweet music!

2. The Secret of Monkey Island

I just love this game and I want to be Guybrush. True story.

3. Championship Manager 01

The best version of this, ever. Hands down.

4. Sensible Soccer

Best football game ever. No, don't argue. You're wrong. Fact.

5. Cannon Fodder

Gotta love this, I still play it to this day on a Megadrive emulator.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Techmo Super Bowl on Sega Genesis - incredible game that broke the mold at the time.

2. Street Fighter - Raul or E Honda chop are just classic.

3. Mortal Kombat- even though I continue to get schooled I look foward to the newest version coming out.

4. EA Sports NCAA Football - any version, every year provided great entertainment and new features.

5. Mario Kart - Super Nintendo - looking forward to playing it on Wii.