Fan Clubs | beta

Karate Kid remake?

Kam

From BBC News:

Smith and son to make Karate Kid

The son of Hollywood actor Will Smith, Jaden Smith, is to star in a remake of the 1984 hit movie the Karate Kid, according to Variety newspaper.

Will Smith, who appeared with 10-year-old Jaden in The Pursuit of Happyness, will co-produce.

Filming for the new movie will begin next year in Beijing.

The original film was based on a young man who was bullied but learned to stand up for himself with the help of an elderly karate mentor.

Ralph Macchio starred in three Karate Kid films, while Hilary Swank took over the main role in The Next Karate Kid in 1994.

Pat Morita was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of the influential martial arts instructor Mr Miyagi. He died in 2005 at the age of 73.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the karate Kid has been a girl I don't think that matters what we need to find is a decent Mr Miyagi. Maybe his daughters, Someone said when he died in 2005 that he had taught them Karate not sure if its accurate though. Would be good to have a link maybe even Ralph Macchio could be the elder now. Teaching what Miyagi taught him.

Guest Anime Otaku
I thik Sonny Chiba would be a pretty good bet for the new Mr Miyagi if they don't make it Miyagi Jr. 'Beat' Takeshi Kitano might make a good Miyagi too.

Im liking this, but i do still think that Karate kid is still like Home Alone, if you change the main character, what the hell is the point?

Home Alone I & II were brilliant, but the rest were crap without even Harry & Marv let alone Mccauley Culkin, and Karate Kid without Ralph Macchio just isnt the same.

I thik Sonny Chiba would be a pretty good bet for the new Mr Miyagi if they don't make it Miyagi Jr. 'Beat' Takeshi Kitano might make a good Miyagi too.
I'm thinking that Chow Yun Fat would be a good replacement.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
They could actually use Ralph Macchio as the mentor, and do this as a sort of another sequel, where he is passing on what Mr. Miyagi taught him :)

They could actually use Ralph Macchio as the mentor, and do this as a sort of another sequel, where he is passing on what Mr. Miyagi taught him :)

Copy cat :P its a good idae see about three posts above :lol

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Copy cat :P its a good idae see about three posts above :lol
You snuck that in there after I had said it somehow avoiding the last edited part showing :P

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...