Fan Clubs | beta

Karate Kid remake?

Kam

Yeah, doesn't look too bad, however, as it is based in China, rather than Japan, I'm not so sure he should be called the Karate kid, I'm probably wrong, but isn't Karate a Japanese, not Chinese Martial art?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
Yeah, but it'd still make more sense for him to learn Kung Fu or Tai Chi. But the if they used the second one watching it with a martial arts enthusiast would be like watching The Fast and the Furious with a gearhead. I'm glad they seem to be taking the "Death Race" approach and it's more inspired by the original but keeping a good bit of the basic plot rather than a remake, the bit with the fly made me giggle too. Anyone know what the song is?

China seems a weird setting for a movie about Karate, if only because it has it's own, well established martial arts. It'd be like setting it in Rio, which has BJJ.

That said, it does look good, the fly bit cracked me up.

Edited by etz

Guest Anime Otaku
If they were doing a Brazilian version I think Capoeira would be better, it's more visually impressive, plus there's a pretty cool musical element too.

I saw the first one and didn't bother with the half dozen that followed it, so like Inno probably won't bother with this one either.

The only movies I want to see taking place in Japan are when Godzilla is reducing Tokyo to a pile of rubble. Now if the Karate Kid wants to take him on then I'll watch.

I saw the first one and didn't bother with the half dozen that followed it, so like Inno probably won't bother with this one either.

The only movies I want to see taking place in Japan are when Godzilla is reducing Tokyo to a pile of rubble. Now if the Karate Kid wants to take him on then I'll watch.

I love the irony in not watching a series because of the similar sequels while bigging up Japanese Godzilla movies. :lol

On another note, if you didn't bother with the sequels to The Karate Kid (of which there were three, not six), how do you know they're not good films? ;)

The first one is great and the second one is just as good, but the third and fourth are pretty poor.

1) Fi never said anythign about them being similer.

2) She never said they were bad film. Though she did imply it.

DC, whats wrong with you missing stuff Mr PedanticPants?

1) My mistake, Mr. Analaboutcertainartythings. I was going along with her theory for not liking slasher films and transposed it to this one.

2) She implied they were bad, so I went the other way.

I love the irony in not watching a series because of the similar sequels while bigging up Japanese Godzilla movies. :lol

On another note, if you didn't bother with the sequels to The Karate Kid (of which there were three, not six), how do you know they're not good films? ;)

The first one is great and the second one is just as good, but the third and fourth are pretty poor.

I always bring up Godzilla movies, they're probably the worst films ever made but I love them. Nothing better than a bad Godzilla movie to make me happy.:lol

As for the Karate Kid I watched the first one and I'm not really into as I call them "kick-flicks", nor am I into "sandal epics" or "horse opera's". I'm very particular about the movies I like. If it has Johnny Depp or Godzilla or better yet, Johnny Depp and Godzilla int he same movie, I'll be the first person in line. I didn't say my taste was great but it's what I enjoy.