Fan Clubs | beta

Who can everyone agree on that they like?

Guest lilmisselectric

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Yeah, I'm not American and I too love Stephen Colbert, although I wouldn't say he's universally loved due to his political opinions.

Does anyone on Earth have anything against Edward Norton?

I also have to add that I can't stand Lee Evens. The fact that I share a planet with him depresses me. I wish him only suffering.

Edited by John Hancock

Eastwood is acceptable as an actor, but he is a shit director I'm afraid.
Really?

I think he's directed some awesome films.

Unforgiven

Play Misty for Me

A Perfect World (a vastly overlooked film)

Million Dollar Baby

Mystic River

Pale Rider

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Heartbreak Ridge

Space Cowboys (another overlooked movie)

That's not even taking into account the ones I haven't seen that he's been critically acclaimed for his direction.

Flag of Our Fathers

Letters from Iwo Jima

The Changling

Gran Torino

Even 'The Rookie' and 'Absolute Power' were decent films.

Guest John Hancock

I'm the total other way round. I can really give two sh*ts about most of Eastwoods acting roles, but I really rate him as a director.

Man, we haven't been watching the same films. I mean he's made some stinkers but I'd say the good outweighs the bad and when you throw in an 'Unforgiven' which is, in my (albeit biased) view, possibly the greatest film of the 1990s and one of the greatest of all time and you have an old, crotchety son of a bitch who knows what he's doing with that whole filmmaking melarkey.

Not that his viewpoint means more or less than anyone else's (well, okay, I mean he did make 'Citizen Kane'), I'm just throwing it out there but Orson Welles remarked how 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' was one of the best directed films in history and had it been directed by anyone other than Clint Eastwood would have been held up as a masterpiece.

Paul Newman is also a pretty darn viable answer to this particular question. I've yet to come across anyone who said 'Man, that Paul Newman with his classic films and entrepreneurial skills in making millions for charity really got on my fu*king goat. F*ck Cool Hand Luke.'

Edited by Naitch

Guest Anime Otaku
Possible kiddy fiddling aside, does anyone really dislike Jacko?

Post earth song, yeah, before that he was okay though but the surgery and the paedophilia allegations make it difficult to like him.

Guest John Hancock
I don't like anyone who just openly, brazenly lies all the time pretty about pretty much everything ever. So that's a no no to Jackson. I like his music though.