Fan Clubs | beta

Lost programmes from your Childhood?

Guest Da Showstoppa

Guest Da Showstoppa

Inspired by Darkmatchjobber's Knightmare thread: Which shows did you love in the past and wish they'd revive?

For me it's "Interceptor" Even the theme music rules! It was one of those "helecopter" shows that were big in the 80's/90's. like Treasure Hunt etc. As I remember, two contestants were blindfolded and taken by helicopter to a "secret location" (usually a manor house or national park) and given clues to find a key to the backback they had (one of which contained £1000) and then get back to base. However there was a complication. A black leather trenchcoat clad guy in his own helicopter, armed with an infra red locking device (which if aimed at the backback - secretly deadlocked locked it) was aiming to catch them before they did. (The Interceptor would often sneak up right behind a contestant and zap them without them realising)

Here's a look:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The Interceptor poses as a farmer (Stupid contestant)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62pIoQtO-DY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62pIoQtO-DY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

They're so stupid sometimes it's brilliant!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Morning With Richard Not Judy. I grew up on it during a period of feeling alienated by church and wanting something more stimulating. Amazingly daring for a Sunday morning show, and hasn't lost its charm even today. I absolutely loved it but BBC didn't seem to agree.

[YOUTUBE]hmdBphfx8vU[/YOUTUBE]

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Ulysses 31

Go-Bots

X-Men (90's cartoon)

Spider-Man (90's cartoon)

T-Bag (I can't remember the exact name of the show)

Automan

Sport Billy

Poddington Peas

Superted

Seriously, this list could go on forever, so I'll leave it at that for the moment.

Guest Y2James

I grew up with 90s Nickelodeon, so shows like:

Sabrina The Teenage Wicth

Keenan & Kel

Renford Rejects

Hey Arnold

Cousin Skeeter

Saved by the Bell

Are You Afraid of the Dark

Cat Dog

Doug

Rugrats

Not that I want these to make a comeback. These are just shows that I watched.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
  • Heart 1

Guest Shane O Mac

Kenan & Kel

Renford Rejects

Hey Arnold

Doug

Rugrats

Sister Sister

Woof

Spatz

Wizadora

Power Rangers

Captain Planet

Ducktales

Superted

Finders Keepers

Fun House

Mike and Angelo

I miss being a kid

Guest Da Showstoppa
[YOUTUBE]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Genius, I saw a live stage show of this when I was about 6 or 7 years old!

As for Fun House - I so wanted to be in the Kart race at the end!!

Here's some more:

Rainbow (This is a joke version which was never aired)

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Trap Door

Dangermouse

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkw1WDwEV28&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkw1WDwEV28&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

M.A.S.K

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE] Edited by Da Showstoppa

Anyone remember Pete & Pete on nickelodeon, about two ginger brothers both called Pete? The younger one had a tattoo called Petunia and hung about with Artie the strongest man in the world. Man that show was awesome.

Oh, and Ren and Stimpy.

Guest Jaycey Baby
Does anyone remember Round The Bend? I think it was about some creatures that lived inside a toilet cistern or something. No-one I ask seems to remember it, though...

Does anyone remember a cartoon about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table? It was on Channel 4, if I remember correctly, and was only on for about 2 series, possibly just the one series, I can't remember.

T'was an awesome, awesome cartoon and I don't know anyone else who watched it.

Other than that: Dungeons and Dragons, Pole Position, Visionaries, Transformers, Inspector Gadget, Lost Cities of Gold, Around the World with Phillieas Fogg (he was a lion, I think? :lol), Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds, Go-Bots, X-Men cartoon, MASK, Buckey O'Hare and Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles all kept me entertained when I was a nipper.

Great TV.

Cheers!

Spider-Man, X-Men, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Batman: The Animated Series, Kenan and Kel, Doug, Sonic The Hedgehog, Earthworm Jim, Sam and Max.

There's tonnes of them. :lol

Guest John Hancock

Sam and Max, Sharky and George, THunder Cats, Earthworm Jim, Johnny Bravo, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, He-Man and The Masters of the Universe, Captain Pugwash, Asterix and Obelix...

I watched Pokemon too, but I was, like, 10 or 11 when Pokemon hit, so I think I might have been slightly too old.

There was also a program that I LOVED that involved some sort of factory that, I think, made sponges. I think it was Dutch. It was called "Bertha" or something like that.

Edited by John Hancock

There was also a program that I LOVED that involved some sort of factory that, I think, made sponges. I think it was Dutch. It was called "Bertha" or something like that.

Yeah I remember a cartoon called "Bertha" but I don't remember what it was about. I remember the theme tune went, "Burrr-urrr-tha!" or something.

Talking about ace theme-songs; I also remember Raggy Dolls. What a quality show!

Cheers!

Guest Da Showstoppa
Does anyone remember Round The Bend? I think it was about some creatures that lived inside a toilet cistern or something. No-one I ask seems to remember it, though...

Yeah, Doc Croc ruled, I loved it when he smacked someone with his tail!!

Oh and this is Bertha:

Round The Bend (with cheezy ITV intro)

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Captain Planet

Ducktales

YES!!!!!

I actually have Ducktales: The Movie on DVD which I recorded from BBC2 :lol

Land Of The Lost is something else I really miss from when I was a kid, the dino effects were terrible but man I was such a dino geek as a kid!