Fan Clubs | beta

The 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' remake has a Freddy...

DC

Halloween the original is a simplistic masterpiece. No blood. Just terror.

The rest (the sequels) I found to be absolute piss I have to say.

As for this new "Nightmare"..Michael Bay? Er..erm..here's hoping it doesn't kill Freddy.

That said the trailer doesn't make it look half bad.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

Looks crap. The face of Robert Englund is just too established with Freddy, it makes anything else seem wrong.

To be honest, I dont understand why they didnt just use Englund, he played Freddy so well in the original before they started getting watered down and turned into glorified comedy films. Unless they just wanted to get as far away from the originals as possible I suppose.

Looks crap. The face of Robert Englund is just too established with Freddy, it makes anything else seem wrong.

To be honest, I dont understand why they didnt just use Englund, he played Freddy so well in the original before they started getting watered down and turned into glorified comedy films. Unless they just wanted to get as far away from the originals as possible I suppose.

It's definitely not that, as there's a lot of the original in the remake (Freddy's head coming out of the wall, the glove in the back, Tina in the bodybag, etc). I think they just felt Englund was too old play the role, especially with the potential for a series of sequels.