Fan Clubs | beta

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Build Up & Discussion Thread

Fletch

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having thought about whether or not I should go blag an early release copy from one of my good friends in Gamestation this afternoon, I've decided that it'd be like opening your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve and spoil my fun for tomorrow afternoon.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I have a bunch of games (pretty much all the ones I have left that I didn't sell) in a bag ready to be traded in tomorrow morning to get the game with since I have very limited funds.

I am sure it will be well worth trading in my other games for though!

Guest Andrew

Tell you what guys it's well worth the wait, I'm just on the last bit of the last level now and I've really enjoyed playing it. Easily one of the best games I've played this year and I've played a few good ones.

It's true what the theme song says as well, Bustin makes me feel good!

Guest Andrew

Finished the game earlier, loved it. Some bits were a bit of a pain but all in all very good. I've already started playing again, the 360's achievements are pretty cool to unlock some real good variations. Hopefully the PS3's trophy's follow suit.

Hope you guys all enjoy it tomorrow :)

How did you get to play it on the 360?

I bought the game at 9am and was playing it less than thirty minutes later. I have to say, it's a great game (a little - just a little - repetitive) that actually feels like Ghostbusters.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Ii am having to wait until my neighbour gets back to play it, couldn't pick t up myself so he is for me while he buys one for himself... bah the wait is killing me!

Guest Andrew
How did you get to play it on the 360?

I bought the game at 9am and was playing it less than thirty minutes later. I have to say, it's a great game (a little - just a little - repetitive) that actually feels like Ghostbusters.

I now have an American copy which is region free so works fine on my UK machine. Before that I was playing it via a less than legal method.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Finally got my hands on the game and now waiting forever for it to upgrade my system and then install... hurry up!!!!!!!!!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Well thats 5 hours I have been playing it now and DAMN~! its awesome. Seriously one of the best games I have played in a hell of a long time and i'm so glad I didn't wait until next week to get it but rarther traded my other games in to get it today

It's officially Ghostbusters Day in my flat. After a quick pint in the pub after work, I went to GAME to get the very last copy in all of Cannock, and at a price of just 99p :P Seriously :D (Trade-Ins). I then went to ASDA, fully intent on getting the Blu-Ray til I remembered how bad it looks in SD let alone HD.

I then saw what I've been wanting and waiting for, The Real Ghostbusters Season One... just over £6 tool

Only disappointment was getting home and the missus not letting me play it til she'd watched the Biggest Loser... bitch! But after 2 hours, I loved every second. Got a bit lossed, and scared at the Fisherman section, but meh.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Man I still can't get the hand of using the trap! even 5 hours after I started I struggle with getting the ghosts into them :lol

Guest Andrew
I personally love the slime tether attachment to the proton pack. Once you get that attachment try weakening a ghost tether it and then shoot the other end of the tether on a trap. Instant trappage and most satisfying. I think you might need the slam dunk trap to do this though.

Ah! Got it, took me a Little while to work out how to get the creature in the trap, you have to bash him about till he's dizzy!

Cool, I'm having nostalgia as we speak, though Janis is a little too, how do I put it? fit.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

My brother is great at getting ghosts into traps and I was pissed he picked it up so easy, that was until he admitted to having the game on 'easy' while I have it on 'normal' still havng trouble with it though!

EDIT: Has anyone else been talking to Vigo the Carpathian in HQ?

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

EDIT: Has anyone else been talking to Vigo the Carpathian in HQ?
I've been doing that now and again. I'm hoping he gets loose at some point in the game (I've just finished the Museum section, so there's still a bit to do).