Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Superstars

Guest FreeSpirit

I'm actually surprised that they put The Cutting Edge and Jericho Vs. Morrison on the show as it seemed like they were drifting away from having top stars on the show. In any case, Morrison & Benjamin is a feud that should provide some good matches. I wouldn't be surprised to see them face off at Judgment Day.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestlezone

One of the matches for this Thursday night's "WWE Superstars" show on WGN was taped prior to RAW last night in Columbus, Ohio.

The match was The Big Show vs. Hornswoggle. It was a pretty brief match which saw Big Show placing Hornswoggle on the top rope and asking him to do his "tadpole splash" on him as he laid down for him. As Hornswoggle went off the top rope, Big Show rolled away and Hornswoggle missed. Big Show laughed and set Hornswoggle on the top rope to do it again, but this time Goldust did a run-in and attacked Big Show. The two brawled and the match ended in a no contest.

Rey Mysterio b Shelton Benjamin

Christian b Mark Henry

Guest AfroChocobo

The description of Big Show setting up Hornswaggle for the top rope splash and then moving out of the way of it made me laugh. This one had shenanigans written all over it. I don't see the point of the Goldust run-in.

Mysterio and Shelton should be a fun match.

I don't know how good Christian/Henry will be, but it'll at least be interesting to see how Christian tries to work around him.

When it comes to Goldust saving Hornswoggle, I should have seen it coming, but I didn't. It kind of makes sense that Goldust would be the new "great protector" for Hornswoggle, somehow. Personally, I am just glad to see Goldust on television, not to mention in the "main event" (technically he was). He is a good talent and he seems underused nowadays. I was kind of half asleep for some of this, so I questioned whether I just dreamed seeing Goldust make the save (as weird as that sounds).

I am kind of confused by this whole "Exhibition Match" thing. On RAW, it was not an actual match, but it is on Superstars? I heard an opening bell and a closing bell and there was a referee in the ring who called for a DQ. I wish they would make up their minds with this stuff.

Rey/Benjamin was a pretty solid match. I am really enjoying the Morrison/Benjamin feud at the moment.

Christian/Henry was pretty much like most of Henry's matches; the smaller opponent does his best to make Henry look good, but inevitably dances around Henry more than anything.

Edited by TPIB

*** Superstars Discussion Thread- May 21, 2009 from Louisville & Cincinnati (#6) ***

Venue

RAW & SmackDown Portions- Freedom Hall in Louisville, KY

ECW Portion- U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH

(The RAW & SmackDown portions of WWE Superstars was taped prior to RAW on May 18 and the ECW portion was taped prior to ECW on May 19)

Confirmed Matches/Events

CM Punk Vs. Chris Jericho

ECW Championship:

Christian © Vs. Tommy Dreamer

William Regal Vs. Kofi Kingston

Edited by TPIB

I am kind of confused by this whole "Exhibition Match" thing. On RAW, it was not an actual match, but it is on Superstars? I heard an opening bell and a closing bell and there was a referee in the ring who called for a DQ. I wish they would make up their minds with this stuff.
It was a match, so there would be an opening and closing bell, just no way for the wrestlers to actually win. It was up to Vickie to decide when the match was over (hence the bell). As for the DQ, when was this called?

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

ifight365.com

*CM Punk beat Chris Jericho with a roll-up after a good match. After the match, Jericho laid out Punk with the codebreaker.

*Kofi Kingston beat William Regal.

*Christian vs. Tommy Dreamer was a no-contest when Jack Swagger interfered.

*** WWE Superstars Mega Discussion Thread ***

Venue

STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA

(The RAW Portion of WWE Superstars was taped prior to RAW on May 25 and the ECW & SmackDown Portions of WWE Superstars were taped prior to ECW on May 26)

Confirmed Matches/Events

John Cena Vs. Ted DiBiase

Non-Title:

Primo & Carlito Vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin

Finlay Vs. Jack Swagger

Edited by TPIB

Yes, it was. They announced the match on ECW on Tuesday. It's the first ever title defense on WWE Superstars. It was also the first ECW Championship match to take place on either the old or new Superstars show.

I was pleasantly surprised by this week's Superstars. All three matches, I thought, were great. To me, the ECW Title match was the match of the night. Not to say that Punk/Jericho was not a good match, because it was. Kofi/Regal was not too bad either, even though I expected Regal to get the win.

I did notice that the SmackDown match (the main event) was taped prior to RAW with the Kofi/Regal match. My guess is that the ECW Title match was going to run too long, so they taped Punk/Jericho before RAW. The red ropes gave it away :D

*** Superstars Discussion Thread - June 4, 2009 from Birmingham & Memphis (#8) ***

Venue

RAW Portion: BJCC (Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex) in Birmingham, AL

ECW & SmackDown Portions: FedEx Forum in Memphis, TN

(The RAW Portion of WWE Superstars was taped prior to RAW on June 1 and the ECW & SmackDown Portions of WWE Superstars was taped prior to ECW on June 2)

Confirmed Matches/Events

Final Build To Extreme Rules

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

ifight365.com

- Unified WWE Tag Team champions Carlito and Primo Colon beat Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas.

- ECW champion Jack Swagger beat Finlay.

- John Cena beat Ted DiBiase.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Alright, from now on all WWE Superstars spoilers and discussion belongs in here, instead of having individual show threads.

I mentioned it in last week's ECW thread and I still stand by it; the people who report the spoilers in the first place never seem to be aware of any new developments (of course, Swagger lost the title over a month ago, so it's not really "new").

They got me again. I was watching the main event of Superstars (Cena Vs. DiBiase) and noticed that DiBiase was getting a fair amount of offense in on Cena. I obviously knew he would end up losing, but I thought that it was great to see DiBiase actually treated like somebody against WWE's top star. I should have known better, because, as soon as Cena locked in the CSTF (I prefer to call it the CSTF for Cena's STF because calling it a STF would be insulting to the actual STF), DiBiase tapped out. This, in my mind, really canceled out all of the offense DiBiase had. Whenever someone taps out without the opponent actually working on the affected body part(s), it is always conveyed, to me at least, that the wrestler is weak. By Cena locking it in and DiBiase immediately tapping out, it made DiBiase look like a jobber again. Thank you WWE for raising my hopes than dashing them.

I was surprised how short of a match that Swagger Vs. Finlay was.

I am glad that they are starting to have Primo & Carlito wrestle against other brands' tag teams as it legitimizes the idea of Primo & Carlito being able to defend the titles on any brand. I would personally like to see Haas & Benjamin win the tag team titles. Not so much Cryme Tyme since they are just a comedy act now anyways.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guys tap as soon as holds are put on them all the time. Especially a midcarder against the biggest star in the company. I dont think its that big a deal, and like you said they gave DiBiase a lot of offense.

Was the tag match any good? On paper the Colons v WGTT sounds so damn tasty. Although, it would be tasty as a 15 minute Smackdown match, I dont know how Superstars works.

Guys tap as soon as holds are put on them all the time. Especially a midcarder against the biggest star in the company. I dont think its that big a deal, and like you said they gave DiBiase a lot of offense.

Was the tag match any good? On paper the Colons v WGTT sounds so damn tasty. Although, it would be tasty as a 15 minute Smackdown match, I dont know how Superstars works.

It was the best of the three matches on the show. It would have been better had Cryme Tyme not came out in the middle of it. It was not so much that they came out there, it was the fact that they kept talking while the match was in progress. It kind of ruined it. I would like to see more between Primo & Carlito and Haas & Benjamin, but it looks like we may have to deal with Haas & Benjamin and Cryme Tyme for the short term. A 3-Way for the tag titles would be interesting though.

Guest ScottyB

From GawdAlmighty.com

Spoilers for June 4th, I think.

* Josh Mathews & Matt Striker came out to commentate. Christian joined them.

* Davy Harry Smith w/The Hart Dynasty b. Tommy Dreamer

- Smith got the win via pinfall after Dreamer was distracted.

* Hornswoggle & Goldust b. Jamie Noble & The Brian Kendrick

- Hornswoggle got the win with the splash on Kendrick.

* Jeff Hardy & R-Truth b. Chris Jericho & Dolph Ziggler

- Jeff Hardy got the win via pinfall on Dolph Ziggler after hitting a Swanton Bomb.