Fan Clubs | beta

Films that should have had a lot more praise/done better than they did

Guest Saz

Guest Dante Spears
I'm against all of those aforementioned films....if there was one film I really had picked which was underrated would be Superhero Movie (yeah I fully expcet most people to not like it). Yeah it's lame but it has some of the best pitch black humor I;ve ever seen, all thanks to Leslie Nielsen. Edited by Saz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa

I thought "Driven" was a lot better than people gave it credit for. It featured some awesome scenes / effects and told a really good story too. Not the Formula One film that was talked about for so long, simply because the Americans don't "get" Formula 1.

Makes me wish someone would have the balls to make an Ayrton Senna biography on the big screen.

Edited by Saz

I'm against all of those aforementioned films....if there was one film I really had picked which was underrated would be Superhero Movie (yeah I fully expcet most people to not like it). Yeah it's lame but it has some of the best pitch black humor I;ve ever seen, all thanks to Leslie Nielsen.
That's not pitch-black humour, that's deadpan humour. There's a huge difference.

If I hadn't already nominated a movie (or four :lol), I would have to put in Road to Perdition as one of those movies that deserves a much wider audience.

Edited by Saz

Apocalypto - For.

Falling Down - For reason's said before, and because he fires a bazooka in a populated urban setting.

My name is Bruce -Never seen it.

Godfather 3 - For. It's a classic.

7-pounds - never seen it

Chasing Amy - For. Silent Bob's best speech in all the films. Great story, too. the AMC channel (American Movie Classics) just did a Kevin Smith marathon a few weeks ago, it was awesome.

Blair Witch Project - It's alright, but had a lot of hype surrounding it when it came out, then fell off. I think it got rated how it should've been.

Freddy got fingered - For. It was Tom Green's "finest" moment, really. :lol

Superhero Movie - Crap.

Driven- never seen it

DC said In the Mouth of Madness earlier. And I'll put that one forward too. Good movie, classic solid ending, but went straight to DVD, didn't it?

Guest John Hancock

Freddy Got Fingered - Meh. Probably did as well as it deserved. Abstain

Superhero Movie - One of the worst films of all time, and one of the very few films I've walked out on. Against.

Driven - Abstain.

Road To Perdition - For.

Ok, so scores on doors:

Apocalypto - For: BRM, SHL, Scotty B, J-Rock, Saz, Twig, Against: JayFunk, Dante

Falling Down - For: DC, Saz, Inno, Twig, Against: Dante

My name is Bruce - For: Nem, DC, J-Rock, Against: Dante

Godfather 3 - For: BPH, Twig Against: DC, J-Rock, Saz, Dante

7-pounds - For: Darkie, Against: Dante.

Chasing Amy - For: Inno, DC, Dusty F, Twig, Against: Dante.

Blair Witch Project - For: J-Rock, DC Against: Inno, Dante, Twig

Freddy got fingered - For SHL, Against: Dante

Which I will take as the final selections as people are already moving onto other films.

So Nomintated so far are:

Apocalypto

Falling Down

My Name is Bruce

Chasing Amy

As for the new ones brought in:

Superhero Movie - It was better than the other XX movie crap, but not good enough to be a classic that everyone should have watched.

Driven - Not seen.

Road To Perdition - A remake of lonewolf and cub, which was ok, but not a classic.

SO:

Superhero Movie - For: Dante, Against:J-Rock, Saz

Driven - For: Da Showstoppa Against: No-one yet.

In the mouth of madness - For: Twig, Against: No one yet.

Road To Perdition - For: DC, J-Rock, Against: Saz

Following on from comments made in the counterpart thread, I also think that Shallow Grave has been lost in the Trainspotting cum-wad orgy. Edited by Saz

Guest Chriscare

I really ike Freddy got fingered when I was 17, but I also liked Rob Schneider and Adam Sandlers films back then too. After rewatching it more recently it certainly doesn't deserve any praise.

I've not seen anything else mentioned.

I'd like to nominate Hot Rod as mentioned in the other thread, its certainly up there with Anchorman and Zoolander, but suffered heavly due to it's lack of a hollywood star and marketting budget. I'm sure it will gain cult status though as Andy Sambergs popularity continues to grow. bet.

Nothing to Lose (the other good Martin Lawrence film), Jimmy Hollywood and CB4 are all really good comedies that feature big names (Lawrence & Tim Robbins, Joe Pesci & Christian Slater and Chris Rock respectively), but, for whatever reason, people just let these films pass them by. Edited by Saz

Hot Rod is awful. They even blatantly stole the brian and stewie schtick from family guy with the emphasis on a silent "H" ... ya know: "cool whip"

Guest Michael89
The Devils Rejects. Most people like it but I still feel it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Edited by Saz

Tell you what, I'm going to go mad and add all suggestions in and we'll poll them out.

You have till saturday to get them in.

Edited by Saz

Apocalypto - For. have it but not watched it yet but hey must have thought it was good enough to buy at the time.

Falling Down - Never seen it.

My name is Bruce -Never seen it.

Godfather 3 - For. One of my favourite movies of all time there are many Sundays I will just watch them all back to back.

7-pounds - never seen it

Chasing Amy - Never seen it

Blair Witch Project - Seen bits of it, not really a fan

Freddy got fingered - Against just plain wrong

Superhero Movie - Never seen it

Driven - For A reasonably decent Stallone movie

Road to Perdition - For, really should watch it again

xXx

I'm gonna suggest Ghost Rider. Not one of the biggest Comic book films but one of the best in my eyes. Sure Eva Mendes gets right on my tits but everyone else (particularly Sam Elliot) is absolutely stella.

Good story, good effects, not too much focus on the love interest, some pretty grisly deaths and one of the best transformation sequences in any superhero movie. I love it.

Guest Laffy
Equilibrium - before Bale went onto bigger and better things this film is great but got lost in the ether. I love this film. Also Finding Forrester I heard nothing about this film before it was released and not a lot after until a friend recommended it. It is a fantastic film.