Fan Clubs | beta

Your favorite wrestling game, any console.

Ryan

What is your all time favorite wrestling game? For me it would be one of the old school WWF games like Smackdown 1 or 2, just because they were so simple, nothing like the complicated games these days where to throw a punch you have to press Up, Down, Left, Right, R1, enter your pin number, L1, repeat 5 times. Also the WCW games like Backstage assault hae a place in my heart, again for their simplicity, plus when i was well into my wrestling i used to play all the WWF/E, WCW, ECW, Legends of Wrestling games to see how many Championships i could win :lol and from what i can remember i think i won pretty much all of them, being WWF Hardcore champion a hundred or so times :lol, which reminds me of my favorite match type of all time, on Smackdown 2 the hardcore match where you could have either 4 or 8 (i cant remember) players all wrestling for the hardcore belt with a 30 minute time limit and the belt could change hands as many times as possible and whoever was the champion when the time ran out won, hours of run with that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one for the Playstation where you could compete with your friends in a table rising up the ranks and challenging mates for belts.

Best fun ever that was, loved the ranking system.

Guest Springsteen
I have to go for Smackdown : Here Comes The Pain. It had a great roster, and the storyline in season mode was pretty good too.

I thought that the HCTP storyline was always so repetitive? Smackdown 2's storyline is always going to be the best in my opinion, although i havent played them since 2007 so i dont know what their like now i admit, but it was just such a good system, Just Bring It wasnt that bad either.

Guest John Hancock

No Mercy, no question.

I'm sure I'd enjoy the Fire Pro games, but I've never played them. EWR is a lot of fun too, but can get a little tedious.

Aaah EWR, i used to LOVE that game, is it still around? I agree with John that it was a little tedious but to be honest i spent most of the time in the editor :lol

Might give it another whirl when my laptop gets back from repair.

Guest Chriscare

Oh there's so many to choose from.

I think No Mercy and Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 are probably my favourite 2, closely followed by Smackdown vs Raw 2009 which is by far the best in the Smackdown series, and I'll always hold Wrestlemania Challenge for the NES close to my heart.

Aaah EWR, i used to LOVE that game, is it still around? I agree with John that it was a little tedious but to be honest i spent most of the time in the editor :lol

Might give it another whirl when my laptop gets back from repair.

No you won't, you'll be joining the rest of us on TEW 05 when it becomes freeware on Wednesday.

As for my picks, I have to go with VPW 2, No Mercy and Fire Pro Wrestling D. VPW 2 just because it has a wide array of match types that you can create (Even going into MMA territory), No Mercy because no other WWE game has come close to it yet and Fire Pro D because it's my first foray into Fire Pro on a non handheld console.

Guest The GS

WWF No Mercy, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WCW vs NWO World Tour and WCW vs NWO Revenge were all classics...

No wrestling game has excited me since, sadly....

Guest Hanahbananabob
The first wrestling game i got for the PS1 was Smackdown 2, i loved that game! i played it everyday for months on end....but my favourite of the series was probably Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain.....its mysteriously vanished now though so i cant play it anymore :( i also had this game for the gameboy called Betrayal, but i think i completed it in less than 2 hours lol

i also had this game for the gameboy called Betrayal, but i think i completed it in less than 2 hours lol

Betrayal sucked. It was basically WWE mixed with the old side scrolling beat em ups like Double Dragon and such. At least I think it did better than Crush Hour.

Guest The GS
Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 2 (basically the AJPW version of Wrestlemania 2000 but better) and No Mercy.

Attitude, SD: HCTP and Fire Pro Wrestling Super X round up my top five with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns just outside.

WCW vs NWO World Tour had loads of Japanese wrestlers..... I'm guessing it's quite similar.

This had the entire All Japan roster of the time, the entire New Japan Roster of that time, Michinoku Pro (before Delfin split to form Osaka, Taka to make K-Dojo and Dragon to make Dragon Gate so you had Magnum TOKYO, Dragon Kid, CIMA, Delfin, Sasuke, Taka, Shinzaki etc), you had WAR as well and FMW so that gave you Mike Awesome, Hayabusa, Masato Tanaka, Jado, Gedo, Tenryu and tonnes more as well.

On top of that you had all of the MMA organisations at the time as well like Battlearts and Pancrase so you had Minoru Suzuki, Takada, Volk Han amongst others and thats before you get to the legends like the Funks, Bruiser Brody, Inoki, Tsturta, Tiger Mask and more.

Plus you had the system where if you go special and toggled the analog stick again, then if you wrestler had one, you could use their special 'limit break' finisher so Misawa for example had his Tiger Driver '91 and his Tiger Suplex and then you could still pull out the Tiger Suplex '85 and the Emerald Flowsion - but it could only be used once a match.

It also meant you could act out the part of the Hashimoto v Hase match where Hash gets annoyed and instead of using his Brainbuster he dumps Hase with a HORRID Fishermanbuster instead - as this is Hash's limit break special.

Trust me, it is so much more then the flip side of the WCW games or Wrestlemania 2000. It just has the same controls and graphics and similar career mode progression but the way you play feels just that bit more different and special.

Guest The GS
This had the entire All Japan roster of the time, the entire New Japan Roster of that time, Michinoku Pro (before Delfin split to form Osaka, Taka to make K-Dojo and Dragon to make Dragon Gate so you had Magnum TOKYO, Dragon Kid, CIMA, Delfin, Sasuke, Taka, Shinzaki etc), you had WAR as well and FMW so that gave you Mike Awesome, Hayabusa, Masato Tanaka, Jado, Gedo, Tenryu and tonnes more as well.

On top of that you had all of the MMA organisations at the time as well like Battlearts and Pancrase so you had Minoru Suzuki, Takada, Volk Han amongst others and thats before you get to the legends like the Funks, Bruiser Brody, Inoki, Tsturta, Tiger Mask and more.

Plus you had the system where if you go special and toggled the analog stick again, then if you wrestler had one, you could use their special 'limit break' finisher so Misawa for example had his Tiger Driver '91 and his Tiger Suplex and then you could still pull out the Tiger Suplex '85 and the Emerald Flowsion - but it could only be used once a match.

It also meant you could act out the part of the Hashimoto v Hase match where Hash gets annoyed and instead of using his Brainbuster he dumps Hase with a HORRID Fishermanbuster instead - as this is Hash's limit break special.

Trust me, it is so much more then the flip side of the WCW games or Wrestlemania 2000. It just has the same controls and graphics and similar career mode progression but the way you play feels just that bit more different and special.

I do love my Dragon Gate wrestling...I might check it out.... Is this game only in Japanese?