Fan Clubs | beta

Your favorite wrestling game, any console.

Ryan

Guest hbkfan
First wrestling game that I ever played was No Mercy on the N64, but the first one I ever got was Smackdown Shut Your Mouth for PS2...which is also my favorite one to play because it brings back a lot of memories :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk

I liked Smackdown one of the best season modes simply. two player and funny as heel my mate won the IC title with the Atomic Drop.

Smackdown 2 was also awesome went down hill from then, too story driven.

I liked WCW Thunder very simple but massive roster. WCW Mayhem was also good

Guest The GS
I liked Smackdown one of the best season modes simply. two player and funny as heel my mate won the IC title with the Atomic Drop.

Smackdown 2 was also awesome went down hill from then, too story driven.

I liked WCW Thunder very simple but massive roster. WCW Mayhem was also good

WCW Mayhem was a really crap game in my opinion.....

It was so awkward to control...

Guest The GS

You could have so many dream matches on WCW vs NWO Revenge, like:

Rey Mysterio Jr v Bret Hart

Chris Benoit v Curt Henning

Eddie Guerrero v Hayabusa

and loads loads more....

Guest Da Showstoppa
No Mercy on the N64!

Not a word of a lie, although I'd love to try Fire Pro one day. My local Blockbuster has a WWF Superstars arcade cabinet, man that brough some memories back!!

Guest Jimmy Redman

I think I'd have to say Here Comes The Pain. I dislike the SDvRaw controls immensely, way too complicated. Although my playing involves about 5% wrestling and 95% CAW. I cant remember which CAW I like the best.

I have a N64 but I've never played No Mercy, I wish I could though, since everyone raves about it.

Since I have so many consoles, which means I inevitably have heaps of wrestling games, I can't just choose one. So therefore, I will choose my best for each console.

PS1: Smackdown.

PS2: Smackdown Shut Your Mouth

PS3: Legends of Wrestlemania

MegaDrive: Wrestlemania the Arcade Game

Master System: Pro Wrestling

Sega Mega CD: WWF Rage in the Cage (well it is the only one on the Mega CD :lol)

N64: WCW vs NWO (no, I haven't played No Mercy)

GameCube: Wrestlemania X8

X-Box: Wrestlemania 21

I think that's all of them.

WM2000 gets unfairly overlooked by the praise No Mercy gets, especially as it had a much, much better career mode, though I don't think I've enjoyed myself playing a wrestling game in recent memory more than when completing the Replay/Relive/Revise modes on Legends of Wrestlemania.

WM2000 gets unfairly overlooked by the praise No Mercy gets, especially as it had a much, much better career mode

I disagree, No Mercy's career mode was superior in the way that you had branching storylines, heck even storylines all together. Whilst Wrestlemania 2000's career mode was longer, there was a lack of story other than just trying to win a lot and get a spot in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Guest The GS
WM2000 gets unfairly overlooked by the praise No Mercy gets, especially as it had a much, much better career mode, though I don't think I've enjoyed myself playing a wrestling game in recent memory more than when completing the Replay/Relive/Revise modes on Legends of Wrestlemania.

WM2000's career mode was actually quite dull. in my opinion..

Playing No Mercy's career mode on the other hand was very exciting I thought.

WWF War Zone and Attitude were good back in the day because with no internet in my house the only way i could listen to wrestlers entrance music was when it was on, but Warzone and Attitude let you listen to them when creating a wrestler, which was cool, hours of fun :)

Guest The GS
WWF War Zone and Attitude were good back in the day because with no internet in my house the only way i could listen to wrestlers entrance music was when it was on, but Warzone and Attitude let you listen to them when creating a wrestler, which was cool, hours of fun :)

Them games were too complicated to play.... I did enjoy smashing TV's over people's heads in Warzone though.:lol

Them games were too complicated to play.... I did enjoy smashing TV's over people's heads in Warzone though.:lol

No they werent! I admit tag team matches were a little tuff, buts thats where the fun was, nowadays their crap but back in the day were games consoles were the only source of entertainment they were brilliant.

Guest The GS
No they werent! I admit tag team matches were a little tuff, buts thats where the fun was, nowadays their crap but back in the day were games consoles were the only source of entertainment they were brilliant.

Yeah I know there were brilliant games back then..... Is still play No Mercy and WCW vs NWO World Tour...

But Warzone and Attitude weren't anywhere near as good as the THQ games in my opinion. I just don't like having to press start during a match to check how to do the moves.

I think it's one of them that I had fun witht he ranking system, when Jakks came in with their new game I was very disappointed that it wasn't there anymore.