Fan Clubs | beta

Moments in games which were just TOO scary...

Guest Ruderz

Guest Michael89

Manhunt. I couldn't even play this game in the DAY it scared me so much. Scared me more than most films I've seen.

I've not played a lot of games (Resident Evil etc..) in my lifetime so I only have few to choose from.

Guest Anime Otaku
Pfff. A severed head spitting out rings, a masked lucha-libre wrestler and a 70 year old wheelchair bound demi-god totally beat a telekinetic bear, and brain harvesting dentist anyday.

It is a different kind of twisted, did you ever get to the Milkman Conspiracy level? I think both games are weird but killer 7 is dark in tone, despite the art work, where as Psychonauts is more trippy, but it has it darker moments if you know where to look.

Resi was good for the jumps and I agree Doom 3 was pretty atmospheric, might have to get that game out again!

The one that really gave me the willies though was Project Zero, the controller would vibrate with a heart beat and get faster the closer you got to a ghost or monster. It FREAKED me out that game!

Guest Diablo

These things still scare the shit out of me:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns9f5PMiGYw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns9f5PMiGYw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Getting raped by zombies isn't nice.

Guest Ruderz
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

I missed out Giygas!

Everyone who knows what Giygas is just went, "Oh shhhhhhh*t.". or cried, or just plain old stopped living.

Right, basically, this is a character from Earthbound a nice, fun, cute little RPG for children, and then, as the final boss you have to fight the actual concept of fear itself. Apparently, the game designer, IN A GAME FOR CHILDREN, decided to base a boss on the emotions he felt when, as a child, he accidently witnessed a rape happening. It also has a voice that's designed to be as close to subliminal message as consciously possible, whilst it's actual body is based on warped image of life and death. See if you can spot the rotting skull, the ultra sound of a baby, and a brain scan in the absolute mind-f*cking HORROR that is Giygas.

This... THING is famous around the internet for just being the single creepiest thing anyone has ever managed to think up.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

That didn't really phase me much, I just saw it as weird. :lol

Playing the first Silent Hill game and suddenly having static come across the radio even though you can't see anything was pretty freaky on your first run through, as was the first time you got attacked by a monster.

Condemned is a game I bought for £20, got about halfway through the first level and never touched again cuz it was really scary for me (I'm a wuss, heh). Although I did use the ShovelFighter cheat to see a few more levels as recommended by a friend. The shop level was creepy as hell as you couldn't tell which mannequins were real and which were deranged drug-fuelled axe muderers waiting to stab the hell out of you when your back is turned...

Guest MojoPogo
Actually, the very first time you hear that damn radio go off in Silent Hill, that was bloody scary. And, though he himself isnt actually scary, more a big, mean s.o.b, the first time Nemesis makes his presence felt in Res 3.

And, though he himself isnt actually scary, more a big, mean s.o.b, the first time Nemesis makes his presence felt in Res 3.
The first time he bursts through the wall had me jumping.

Guest Ruderz

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3VEf6MkSs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3VEf6MkSs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

5:46 and 6:45 Made me nearly kill myself when playing the demo earlier. It's better if you watch in HD

Guest JamesMXPX

TOMB B*STARD RAIDER.

That first level in particular, you go across the two bridges and that's all well and good, then you come to the leaping part across to a save crystal, and if you don't hit it, you fall down. And then a massive brown bear total and utterly goes for you, I remember I didn't know it was there when I was about 5 and I actually ran out of the room, hid round the corner of my kitchen and cried for 20 minutes.

The second level is pretty bad as well, another bear in this little room, which you could never imagine a bear could even fit in, and basically, one bad move and it'll corner you. Also, after the three different doors and getting different bits and bobs, there's a straight passage. Once you get to a certain bit, a massive blade comes across and tries to chop you to pieces.

Honest to god, I hate that game so much, I love it :lol

Edited by Saz

anyone remember a game called Eternal Darkness: Sanit's requiem on the Gamecube? That had some pretty creepy sanity effects when you went insane, the crying child was particularly distrubing.

Guest Jaycey Baby
Doom 3's like Bioshock in that, once the action starts, it's not scary anymore, but, when you first start the game, and you're WAITING for something to happen, you're just really, really on edge.

Until you run into the baby-bugs. Shudder.

Guest Ruderz
anyone remember a game called Eternal Darkness: Sanit's requiem on the Gamecube? That had some pretty creepy sanity effects when you went insane, the crying child was particularly distrubing.

I have that game, the insanity effects were really disturbing. One of them was the `technical error` thing where your screen becomes a blurr or static.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
God of War had me nearly having a heart attack when the Hydra bursts through the side of the ship and snatches you up in its mouth. I just didn't expect it at all as I happily walked along.