Retro Gaming Memories Thread!

Guest Inno

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest MojoPogo

Im posting this because it was my favourite Amstrad game of all time, and I want them to remake it, if only because i love that Warren Zevon song....

No I don't? I haven't played the game since about 1995! Do tell more...

Since this is retro gaming memories, what old cheats are ingrained into everyone's memories? The only cheats I can remember are for Mortal Kombat on the Megadrive.

ABACABB

and

Down, up, left, left, A, right, down. I loved that to get the blood you had to spell DULLARD.

I remember typing in POKEs on the Amstrad to get infinite lives on loads of different games... and having a C60 cassette full of them saved

Guest John Hancock
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, but that's more to do with the Mouldy Peaches than actually playing Contra.

Picked up the Ultimate Megadrive collection for £15 today. Can't wait to get some streets of rage 3 on the go!
There's some awesome games on here. Five Sonic titles, three Streets of Rage titles, Revenge of Shinobi, Dynamite Headdy, Kid f'n Chameleon and an arcade-perfect conversion of Shinobi.
No I don't? I haven't played the game since about 1995! Do tell more...
Defeat the boss controlling the kangaroo, but don't defeat him.

Also, on the first level, where you fight Shiva, if you hold in the attack button from the point where you defeat him until the start of the next level, you can choose to play as him if/when you die and restart.

There's some awesome games on here. Five Sonic titles, three Streets of Rage titles, Revenge of Shinobi, Dynamite Headdy, Kid f'n Chameleon and an arcade-perfect conversion of Shinobi.Defeat the boss controlling the kangaroo, but don't defeat him.

Also, on the first level, where you fight Shiva, if you hold in the attack button from the point where you defeat him until the start of the next level, you can choose to play as him if/when you die and restart.

You could also play as another boss, the name escapes me, however only on with a cheat device. So I guess it would be impossible now. The code for said boss was still in the games code, but not implemented. Also you could do a motorbike section with said cheat device that was in the games code but again only with cheat.

The character you're talking about was called Ash and he was a gay biker who was in the Japanese version of the game, but not the US/European releases.

Ash, yes that is it. Also he was in the US version, just the code was hidden and needed cheat carts to activate it there are videos on youtube as prove to that. But yes strictly speaking to the average gamer he was not in the game.

[YOUTUBE]qI2G1UQl-FE[/YOUTUBE]