Fan Clubs | beta

Annoyances in otherwise good Video Games?

ShaolinHandLock

What annoys you in good video games?

Here's what annoys me:

Game: Virtua Fighter 3tb

System: Dreamcast

Annoyance: No Survival mode

Game: Virtua Fighter 5

System: PS3

Annoyance: No Taka Arashi

Game: Iron Man

Annoyance: Confusing controls

Game: Virtual On Cyber Troopers

System: Sega Saturn

Annoyance: Impossibly hard on later levels

I most likely have heaps more, but that'll do for now. :)

Any GTA game: The bugs, they all have them. Usually the bugs are funny, but sometimes they mean a reload.

Funny thing is, after all these years of playing the GTA series I haven't run into any major bugs. Minor ones yes, major ones no.

Assassins Creed: Repetitive investigation phase.

True, it did get too repetitive after a while. I wouldn't have minded if they had differences in the investigative parts, but they are too much the same to one another.

Not really what was asked but:

Minimum specs for PC games hack me off. Number of times I've upgraded a rig and found some cheap game to test the new spec which is easily covered by what is on the box and find it's slow and can't have the graphics turned up properly.

Minimum spoecs means, this is as cheap as we will allow you to be, but take a look at our recommended specs and see just how much hardware you need to make this game actually playable.

Lazy programmers basically...

Game: Iron Man

Annoyance: Confusing controls

Really? I thought the controls were easy to work with.

As for me, I get annoyed with games, no matter how good they are to play, that have no learning curve and go from easy to never-going-to-do-it-in-a-million-years with nothing in between.

Oh, and Jet Set Willy for being impossible to complete due to some devastating bugs.

Edited by DC

Guest Michael89

Nothing in particular but..

GTA IV.

I can't complete this one mission and it's just too long and boring to get to the bit that I can't finish off. So I've not really bothered playing it for a few months which is a shame really as I'm not even on the third island/city either.

Funny thing is, after all these years of playing the GTA series I haven't run into any major bugs. Minor ones yes, major ones no.

True, it did get too repetitive after a while. I wouldn't have minded if they had differences in the investigative parts, but they are too much the same to one another.

Well I call the game freezing a major bug, and don't try saying it's my 360. Couldn't be as it happens with every GTA since GTA 3 on every platform.

Minimum spoecs means, this is as cheap as we will allow you to be, but take a look at our recommended specs and see just how much hardware you need to make this game actually playable.

Lazy programmers basically...

It's when it doesn't work when you exceed the minimum specs that annoys me. AS an instance I upgraded my GPU to a new model with a nice 512MB and the game states it needs 256MB yet it was unplayable at even the lowest resolution. In the end I doubled my RAM and it worked but I already had double the minimum spec installed. It's a liberty I tells ya.

Guest Dave7g
Nothing in particular but..

GTA IV.

I can't complete this one mission and it's just too long and boring to get to the bit that I can't finish off. So I've not really bothered playing it for a few months which is a shame really as I'm not even on the third island/city either.

Is it the bank robbery mission?

Guest The Beltster
"Release the Red Baron!" Those words made me cry everytime I heard them on GTA San Andreas because I knew I'd be trying that f*cking Red Baron mission for the billionth time without success.

Guest Michael89
Is it the bank robbery mission?

Nah, it's about 20% through the game, you have to tail a car for about 4 minutes (that's the annoyance), then you have to go into a building where there are about 10 guys you have to kill, and I always end up dying. But, I don't want to keep having to go through the tailing process everytime to try again as it takes too long..

Guest Dave7g
GTA 4 just reaches a point where it's an annoyance to bother playing it at all. I got as far as the bank robbery, tried it about 10 times, havent played the game in 6 months.

Guest Dante Spears
The combat in Prince of Persia Sands of Time, the angst in Warrior Within, The lack of post game missions in GTA: San Andreas, the ending boss of Matrix Path of Neo, The "Jump, Jump, Slide, Slide" part of MegaMan 8,

Guest MojoPogo

Bugs generally. Fable 2 is full of em. I managed to resurrect Lady Grey, then marry her (ahem), only for her to get stuck in a wall in an AI brainfart of epic proportions. Blast!

Also, it crashed (and i WAS playing from hard drive) after defeating a tough boss......

Mr Molyneux, fantastic storytelling, but must do better with playtesting......

The fact that none of the missions in Prototype are nowhere near as entertaining as just going on a random massacre. I'm fed up of following glowing icons and absorbing things ad infinitum. That game would have been amazing had there been some variety instead just bog standard sandbox missions that have been done and redone a million times before