Fan Clubs | beta

Shows to watch before you die!!!

Guest Fiona

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved the last episode it was throught provoking and the bit with Six and Baltar walking on the new earth or earth depending what theories you listen to. to the watchtower song was awesome. i think alot of people didn't like it because they did explain every thing but that wasn't what the series was about it was about thinking for yourself, afterall who thought the final cyclon was who it turned out to be but it was soon much fun guess who it would be especially as there could have been so many people.

its my favourite show of all time just beating Babylon 5

When I watched that final episode...I wasn't too sure about it, however the more I thought about it afterwards the more I liked it. The show was absolutely fantastic, easily for me, one of the best shows ever made.

Guest Anime Otaku
Invasion was really cool, I liked it a lot.

Third Watch was another show made of awesomeness covered in awesome sprinkles and served with an awesome sauce.

Third Watch looks good, I wonder if it'll ever be shown from the start as I found it a bit hard to jump into a few series in. Same with the likes of The Wire and there was a show set in Rhode Island which I don't remember the name of that looked good but again was a little hard ot get into late on.

Since it's on now, I'll also recommend Deadliest Warrior as a Do watch. :D

Guest The Beltster

Lots of great shows missing. I'm not a Trekky but I'll be damned if TNG wasnt one of the overall best shows I've seen. Spaced deserves a mention as it was great on every level. Carnivale was good too. Anybody who grew up in the 80's knows V should be on the DO list too.

Losts missing for sure.

Totally agree with Spaced. One of the best shows ever, fact.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace deserves a mention. Only 6 episodes, but they're watchable over and over and over. My second favourite comedy series, just behind Spaced.

Third Watch was another show made of awesomeness covered in awesome sprinkles and served with an awesome sauce.
Third Watch was a brilliant show. When I worked for Telewest, I started at 1pm, so my weekday mornings always started the same...

09:00am - Ed (another great show that hardly anyone knows about)

10:00am - ER

11:00am - Third Watch

Lots of great shows missing. I'm not a Trekky but I'll be damned if TNG wasnt one of the overall best shows I've seen. Spaced deserves a mention as it was great on every level. Carnivale was good too. Anybody who grew up in the 80's knows V should be on the DO list too.
V was another great show (with one real "jump the shark" leap of logic - the scene where the rebels disguise themselves by wearing alien masks of themselves over reptilian masks of the aliens. Getting the human masks was one thing, but how and where did they get masks of the aliens?), as was TNG, but Deep Space 9 also deserves a mention, mainly for the awesome story arc running all the way through.

Other shows that should be listed in the "DO" list are Jericho, The 4400, CSI (all three), Dexter, The Mentalist, Numbers, Blade, Angel, Dirty Sexy Money and 30 Rock.

Guest Chriscare

Buffy certainly doesnt deserve to be there, i'm guessing the writer must have had some kind of Buffy obsession. It was ok at best, certainly not something people must see, especially not past the first couple of series.

The first season of Heroes was very good, but the two since then have been some of the worst tv I've ever sat through, it's painfully bad, hopefully season 4 will recapture the original magic, if not I hope it gets cancelled.

Freaks and Geeks is brilliant, I highly reccomend it.

Guest Anime Otaku

I liked Buffy a lot, I'd actually say the opposite to Chriscare, to me the first couple of seasons were a bit weaker, but still good.

I loved Spaced too but I think the CIA use Darkplaces during Extraordinary rendition trips.

DS9 is my favourite Trek too.

I loved Spaced too but I think the CIA use Darkplaces during Extraordinary rendition trips.

Maybe it's jsut me, but I actually have no idea what's been said here. :lol

Guest Dr. ZERO
Totally agree with Spaced. One of the best shows ever, fact.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace deserves a mention. Only 6 episodes, but they're watchable over and over and over. My second favourite comedy series, just behind Spaced.

I second that notion! Darkplace is absolutly hillarious, best thing channel 4's done in ages.

Also I'd like to forward Psychoville. Only been one series so far but it's a really strange blend of dark comedy and thriller/murder mystery. Really enjoyed every episode. They also did a special where they filmed an entire 30 minute episode in only two takes.

Guest Chriscare
I liked Buffy a lot, I'd actually say the opposite to Chriscare, to me the first couple of seasons were a bit weaker, but still good.

I don't think they're particularly weaker at the start, about the same, but once you've seen the first couple of series you pretty much get the point. There's a handful of great episodes after that, but probably only 2 out of 22.

Guest Anime Otaku
I personally thought the Dark Willow and Glory series' along with the finale were pretty much awesome where as I didn't really enjoy the Master as Big Bad thogh the Mayor was great right down to his final words. Some of the non arc episodes were a bit better like "Once More with Feeling" and "Hush" (I think, the one where they couldn't talk) and the one with the laced chocolate that makes Giles and Joyce act like teenagers.

Guest Chriscare
I just thought they tried to do a bit too much serious stuff later on, and their terrible acting skills (mainly buffy and xander) just shone through too much.

For those that have not watched Battlestar Galatica before check out this video, it's a great highlight reel for the show. It really was so much more than just a sci-fi show:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Chist Kam, I don't think even that does justice to the interweaving plot, didn't even mention the occupation of New Caprica, which is what made the series so critically acclaimed, due to being the only series that dared challenge the morality of what was going on in Iraq.

Some people will just see it as another space film, but all the people I lent my DVDs to (both male and female) were hooked after the first series.