Fan Clubs | beta

DC

but i guess if you look at the next highest film titanic the best thing about that film was the fact that we knew there wouldn't be a sequal.
There could easily be a sequel to Titanic. Will there be one? Possibly not, but it has been discussed and all it would take is for the new film to continue the story of what happened to Rose after she was rescued, the media/legal frenzy after the sinking and/or the search for the wreckage.

On a side note, Titanic is being converted into 3D at the moment (using the technology from Avatar and under the supervision of Cameron) and is set to be re-released into cinemas next year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
There could easily be a sequel to Titanic. Will there be one? Possibly not, but it has been discussed and all it would take is for the new film to continue the story of what happened to Rose after she was rescued, the media/legal frenzy after the sinking and/or the search for the wreckage.

On a side note, Titanic is being converted into 3D at the moment (using the technology from Avatar and under the supervision of Cameron) and is set to be re-released into cinemas next year.

It was a joke I meant there was very little right with the film IMHO and the only bright point was there would be no sequal

It was a joke I meant there was very little right with the film IMHO and the only bright point was there would be no sequal
You just don't like anything that makes a lot of money or is perceived to be one of the "big boys" in entertainment, do you? :lol

In all seriousness, though, there were "bright points" with Titanic, even if it's only the technically amazing spectacle of the ship sinking and the outstanding attention to detail in Cameron's 9/10 scale replica of the doomed liner.

The art direction was good, the casting was critically and commercially acclaimed, the costume department excelled themselves and Bill Paxton was in it, so to say there was nothing good about Titanic is a bit much.

You just don't like anything that makes a lot of money or is perceived to be one of the "big boys" in entertainment, do you? :lol

In all seriousness, though, there were "bright points" with Titanic, even if it's only the technically amazing spectacle of the ship sinking and the outstanding attention to detail in Cameron's 9/10 scale replica of the doomed liner.

The art direction was good, the casting was critically and commercially acclaimed, the costume department excelled themselves and Bill Paxton was in it, so to say there was nothing good about Titanic is a bit much.

And the bit towards the end, where the boat tips up, and that guy slips off the railing and tumbles down, bouncing off the other railings and flipping over and over. I would rather of just watched 3 hours of that moment being replayed if I'm honest.

Guest Dante Spears
its the same as Avatar story's a bit sh*tty but the visual effects were great

Sorry, I missed the part when Jack Dawson was sent on a mission to infiltrate the first class people, gaining their trust before turning out to be a rat and being responsible for the death of several passengers and the first class suites before proving himself one of them and leading an assault on the evil third-class passengers from which he was sent.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Worse idea's have been made.....

Seriously man, both movies have made more money then you or any of us could ever hope to. Cameron did something right, get over it.

Guest Anime Otaku
Sorry, I missed the part when Jack Dawson was sent on a mission to infiltrate the first class people, gaining their trust before turning out to be a rat and being responsible for the death of several passengers and the first class suites before proving himself one of them and leading an assault on the evil third-class passengers from which he was sent.

He's not saying that they had the same story, he's saying that in his view both had a poor story and got by on great visual effects. I've not seen either (TBH "Titanic" seemed a bit of a chick flick especially since they changed some of the real people turning one of the heroes into a coward IIRC, I'd rather watch "A Night To Remember") so I can't say whether I agree or not.

a titanic sequel would be horrible. not only because it's now over a decade since it was released, but also because the whole shock/horror of the event was the unsinkable ship sinking. I think that was what made the film truly memorable, if it was another 3 hours of rose pining over jack and a sh*t load of reporters trying to find a lead I think it would be awful.

a titanic sequel would be horrible. not only because it's now over a decade since it was released, but also because the whole shock/horror of the event was the unsinkable ship sinking. I think that was what made the film truly memorable, if it was another 3 hours of rose pining over jack and a sh*t load of reporters trying to find a lead I think it would be awful.
I agree that too much time may have passed (although, with the re-release, the events of the first movie will be refreshed), but all a sequel has to do is follow on from those events and be an accomplished drama, possibly only a spiritual sequel rather than a direct follow-up.

• 5 months later...

On August 27th, 2010, James Cameron is re-releasing an extended cut of Avatar that has eight additional minutes of footage. This version will be released in 3D only (unlike the original version which was shown in both 2D and 3D formats) with special IMAX screenings also on the cards.

Looks like the US$2,700,000,000 it took at the box-office first time around might break through the US$3billion barrier.

Well, can't have Avatar being passed by Titanic, can he ? :P

On a serious note, I will spend money to go see Avatar again, if it looks like Titanic is going to take the top spot back. While I don't precisely hate Titanic.... I do loath it.