Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who 2010

BRM

The Martha series again had numerous mentions and hints as to a 'Mr Saxon', who of course turned out to be The Master.

I loved the Saxon references for series 3, they were planned well in advance with the first apperering in Love & Monsters where the newspaper Abzorbaloff reads has the headline "Saxon leads polls with 64 per cent" The first Vote Saxon poster appeared in the Torchwood episode Captain Jack Harkness. This is a whole 3 months before the first one to appear in Doctor Who when the Doctor invites Martha onto the TARDIS. He was also name checked in The Runaway Bride when he orders the army to fire upon The Racnoss's webstar.

The payoff in Utopia was of course great, but the finale itself was a little lacklustre in my opnion save Simms performence as The Master.

Only saw the last episode in the early hours of yesterday so its a little hasy, but i liked the fact that who or whatever took control of the TARDIS is still unknown a start of another arc perhaps??

Edited by BRM

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
If i am honest this series wasn't up to the same quality as the rest, the first few episodes were good but there were too many Earth based stories more my tastes or at least it seemed that way (I don't have the series to series stats to say there were more than any other year). The writing wasn't as good as last year. The Doctor was ok, not best of the three, but maybe second. Rory wasn't likeable until the last two episodes and Emily was good. Edited by Saz

OK Jay, heres the Earth based stats for you (thanks to the joy of google/wiki).

9th Doctor:

Earth (current +/- 100 years): 7

Earth past/future: 1

Off Earth: 2

Both earth and alien: 2

10th Doctor 1st series:

Earth (current +/- 100 years): 6

Earth (past/future): 1

Off Earth: 3

On and Off Earth: 1

Parallel Earth: 2

10th Doctor 2nd series:

Earth (current +/- 100 years): 9

Off Earth: 2

Both earth and offworld: 1

10th Doctor 3rd Series:

Earth (current +/- 100 years): 7

Off Earth: 5

11th Doctor:

Earth (current +/- 100 years): 5

Earth past/future: 2

Off Earth: 4

Both current Earth and past Earth: 2

Make of that what you will.

Pandorica Arc:

The Eleventh Hour - Crack

The Beast Below - Crack is shown

Victory of the Daleks - Crack is shown

The Time of Angels - Crack is shown

Flesh and Stone - Crack is shown

Vampires of Venice - Crack is mentioned

Amy's Choice - none

The Hungry Earth - none

Cold Blood - crack/Tardis part

Vincent and the Doctor - none

The Lodger - Crack appears.

The Pandorica Opens - Big Bad

The Big Bang - Big Bad

I'd add the future Doctors talk to Amy in Flesh and Stone I'd also suggest that the shadowy figure that you see in The Eleventh Hour when young Ameila goes out to wait for the TARDIS to return is more than likely future Doctor returning. River Song also mentions when The Pandorica opening at the end of Flesh and Stone.

For those who missed it at Glastonbury or just like a bit of techno now and again.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]