Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Random MMA-Boxing news

Guest Frank Botch

Guest Rikidozan
My beef with this show in particular, is that it was (no pun intended) transmitted as non-racist (like Kambot said), however it was received as making fun of the 'wog'. I doubt highly those viewers that got the belly-aches from watching were very capable of seeing the actual purpose of the show (to highlight the mindlessness of aformentioned bigotry).

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
I think you're over thinking it to be honest mate. Most everybody who laughs at Alf Garnett are laughing AT him, for his ridiculous views that nobody in their right minds agree with. He used to say things that were so outrageous and close minded that in almost every episode people would basically call him a clueless old prat and turn on him and he wouldnt understand why.

Guest John Hancock
Considering that Alf Garnet was played by Warren Misell, a Russian Jew, yeah, I'm pretty sure he was directly making fun of racism, rather than taking an active part in it.

Guest Frank Botch

Tito/Nog has been moved to Fight Night 24 in March. Yup that's all I got, continue talking about post modern humour and the like because stuff is boring lately.

I know it's the holiday season and everything but Dana or Coker need to give me something to complain about otherwise I have no reason to be on this internet thing.

Guest Frank Botch

Chuck's officially done:

UFC hall of famer and former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell officially retired from fighting at Wednesday’s UFC 125 press conference and was named the UFC’s executive vice president of business development by UFC President Dana White

An emotional Liddell took to the stage after being introduced by his close friend White and thanked fans and his family for their support.

Liddell retires after losing 5 of his last 6 after dropping the title to Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in 2007, including three-straight knockouts to Rashad Evans, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, and most-recently Rich Franklin in June to end his career at 21-8.

Business about to go through the roof.

Faber/Wineland at UFC 128

Guest Frank Botch

Yeah his fight with Wand is still one of my favourites, and he made Tito his bitch which was cool.

It was kind of sad seeing his last few fights, he clearly trained hard but he just didn't have it anymore.

Guest John Hancock

I'm so glad someone else said it. At a few points in T.U.F., I seriously found myself wondering if he wasn't a little bit... mentally backward.

I expect it's just a token job anyway. An excuse to keep paying him coupled with the fact that they can roll him out at meetings to impress people.

Guest Frank Botch

Yeah he wasn't too bright to begin with but being knocked out so many times has probably slowed him down a bit more. Not to mention all that Vegas cocaine. And the vodka and hookers.

I like the image of Dana busting out Chuck at some big meeting with UFC executives. No one's is going to be interested in Dana's various illegal activities then.

This post has several accusations that have no proof whatsoever to back them up. But hey that's the point of the internet right?