Fan Clubs | beta

Ghostbusters 3

Fletch

Confirmed by Sigourney Weaver of all people in an interview with Channel 4. We all knew it was going to happen, or at least, Dan Akroyd was closer than ever for it to happen following the game, but this sounds closer than before when they're asking Dana Barrett to read the script.

Some key plotlines she spoilt:

Oscar, Dana's son in the second movie, has grown up to be a Ghostbuster himself.

Apparently Bill Murray will have a large role in the film... since he's a ghost! VENKMAN GHOST?!!!! Anyone else imagine Venkman following them around ala Slimer in the Real Ghostbusters? This could be terrible, then again, it could be awesome, especially if they bring back Slimer and have some classic RGB interaction between them

So, discuss? It looks set to feature NEW Ghostbusters in addition to the classic guys.

Anyone you'd cast?

I think it would be far too easy to go the Apatow way and just use all his guys, but I have a feeling that may be the route they go. I have no problem at all in Seth Rogen being one of the new guys, but please please please, No Michael Cera and no Jonas Hill please. I beg you. I'd go with Kevin James for pure comedy, and for the off-the-cuff improv gags like Bill Murray gave, Ryan Reynolds.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandler wouldn't be bad actually, if it was a buddy movie, then Schneider too. But I don't want that at all.

You need at least 2 averagely funny guys, who I'd have in Rogen and James, and then someone who can do whatever with very little script, as Murray did in the first 2, and for that, Reynolds is perfect... Reynolds with beard I add, for added masculinity. I'd leave it at 3 really, cause you'd still have the originals in there in the mix too

Guest Dante Spears

Oh good so hopefully that steady decline in quality that continued from Ghostbusters, to Ghostbusters 2, to the video game will still continue on.

But it's also good to see Dan Aykroyd DOING something again

Guest FreeSpirit

I loved Ghostbusters 1 and 2, and I can't wait for 3 to hit the cinemas.

Ben Stiller

Adam Sandler

Owen Wilson

Chris Rock

...would be my four choices.

If I can be serious about it for a minute (no offense to Lance Storm), I wasn't being serious about my 3 choices. However, I do think it would be interesting to see what Sandler, Schneider and Chan would do as Ghostbusters. :)

Anyway, as for serious choices, I can't really think of anybody. Maybe Ben Stiller...but that would be it, as putting too many new Ghostbusters in could possibly ruin it.

Oh good so hopefully that steady decline in quality that continued from Ghostbusters, to Ghostbusters 2, to the video game will still continue on.

The decline in the game? WTF? Ghostbusters the Video Game was purely brilliant, from start to bloody finish.

Dan Aykroyd has been in at least one movie every year from 1979 to 2008 (with the lone exception of 1986). Two of them have been documentary pieces, with the rest being feature films. This year, he was in the videogame and he's set to appear in Burke and Hare next year, followed by Dorothy of Oz in 2011.

Guest Dante Spears
While that's true, most of what he's been doing has been a cavalcade of mediocrity and he's reduced to bit parts. His career really has seemed to stall for the past few years, especially since the failure of Blues Brothers 2000. I'm happy to see him be a main star in something again.

Guest The Beltster
The decline in the game? WTF? Ghostbusters the Video Game was purely brilliant, from start to bloody finish.
Yeah I agree, the video game would have made the PERFECT movie and would have been awesome as Ghostbusters 3 if it was made into a film rather than a game. The plot, script and visuals were fantastic. Loved it!

Venkman as a ghost sounds crap, but its Ghostbusters, I'll give it a chance before I bury it. Cant wait. They should have Woody Harrelson kill him like he did in Zombieland (oops, spoiler! Ha!), that would be kinda funny.

Guest Dante Spears
Ghostbusters the game was adequate if nothing else. Aside from the repetitive, clusterf*** ghost capturing system ad the boiled down bland characterization.

Guest Dante Spears
You really must have either been playing the wrong game or have ridiculously high standards, because that game captured the feel of Ghostbusters and the characters perfectly.

Yes it captured the feel perfectly and when four proton beams are going all spastic over the screen distracting you and you have to avoid crossing the streams.

Guest Da Showstoppa
I thought the control system of the blasting and trapping was spot on to be honest, I dont think it would have been done any better.

Even from the demo it looks great.

• 4 weeks later...
Ivan Reitman has confirmed that he's going to be directing the third movie, so, in effect, all the pieces are in place (script, original cast, director, producers), so expect things to move pretty quickly from this point in time.