Fan Clubs | beta

The One-Hit Wonders Thread

Guest Boyo

Some bands start of small and quiet, but go on to be huge (ie: Kings of Leon); some just come straight outta nowhere and stay big until an eventual implosion (ie: The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys probably...); and some bands are just always BIG (think U2, Coldplay, Nirvana).

Some bands though, some artists, release just the one song. It's a huge song, it's catchy, it's a classic that becomes a defining sound of the era it was released... but then that band or artist just disappears from sight.

This thread celebrates YOUR favourite "one hot wonders". Blessed YouTube :P...

Nada Surf - Popular

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Gala - Freed From Desire

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

There must be loads out there, and surely we all want to hear them again, in all their YouTube glory? :lol

Cheers!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0wfu3tOrtQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0wfu3tOrtQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Fastball - The Way

The Knack - My Sharona

Guest Dante Spears

Best One Hit wonder of all time imho.

And a song that defined my childhood and high school years. Well I wasn't "blue", i just listeed to the song an insane amount.

Actually one hit wonders are my favourite type of music, if that makes any sense.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Quite possibly my favourite ever "makes me smile every time I hear it" song.

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star

[YOUTUBE]mBej2JQsm3k[/YOUTUBE]

I really like this one...

Andreas Johnson - Glorious

[YOUTUBE]2o7txZzIqRs[/YOUTUBE]

Everyone should adore this one...

New Radicals - You Get What You Give

[YOUTUBE]DL7-CKirWZE[/YOUTUBE]

And, finally, a little bit of...

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting

[YOUTUBE]HZGMVKaLLOI[/YOUTUBE]

Turning Japanese - The Vapors

Because I got high- Afroman

99 Red Balloons - Nena

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

And technically :

Always look of the Bright side of Life - Monty Python

Also, Rappers Delight - Sugar Hill Gang

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE] Edited by etz

Guest Jimmy Redman
And a song that defined my childhood and high school years. Well I wasn't "blue", i just listeed to the song an insane amount.

Dante wins the thread. This was the first one I thought of. I've got tonnes though, this kind of song is basically my favourite.

Guest Dante Spears

Because I got high- Afroman

While that was a hit I'd argue that Afroman is more well known for Colt. 45 then anything else.

Dante wins the thread. This was the first one I thought of. I've got tonnes though, this kind of song is basically my favourite.

I actually just watched the music video again today when I posted it and it really made me nostalgic for the 90's. When CGI could be horrible and music videos weren't about killing a lot of people and girls wearing practically nothing.

Edited by Dante Spears

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joe Dolce - Shaddap You Face

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MARRS - Pump Up The Volume

Edited by Inno

One of my all time favourites:

The Crazy World of Arthur Brown-Fire

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

This thread has brought back so many memories! all my fave one hit wonders have already been posted though, those being: 99 Red Ballons, Video Killed The Radio Star and Turning Japanese

All those are safely house din my MP3 player and played alot :lol

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piaz19SY6aM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piaz19SY6aM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

For all you Dumb & Dumber or Game On fans.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS9XOAKgFg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS9XOAKgFg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Jung

Guest Jayfunk
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

While that was a hit I'd argue that Afroman is more well known for Colt. 45 then anything else.

Maybe in the US, it certainly charted higher there. Globally, everyone and there dog has heard "Because I got high", even if they dont know they've heard it. Even I had, and that was before I could tolerate R&B and Rap. Still haven't heard Crazy Rap, nor has pretty much the rest of the world outside the US.

Tenpole Tudor - Swords of a Thousand Men

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG_VNBVHFRc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG_VNBVHFRc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Matchbox - Midnight Dynamos

Guest Jimmy Redman

ATC "Around the World", that came on my ipod today. You know the one, "la la la la-la.."

Plus, as much as I love Vanessa Carlton, she's not known for anything other than "A Thousand Miles", although being known only for the greatest song of all time would be somewhat of a comfort, I'd say.