Fan Clubs | beta

PS3 or 360: What do I buy?

TPIB

PSN may not be free for much longer. A good reason for the XBOX Live being better is the amount of people online at any given time. There's always someone on your friends list that you can invite to join in your game, don't think you can do that on PS3. My mate has a PS3, there's never anyone on his friend list, seriously.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
I'm tempted to buy a 360 just for that! :lol

I used to love playing that at the seaside! In fact I always look for it in arcades when Im at the beach. That and the Simpsons one from a couple of years later.

Yeah same here, I'd look for WWF Superstars, WWF WrestleFest, Turtles or Simpsons. Cook thing about Simpsons was that if you put in the coins and tapped the button quick enough you would keep getting credits :lol

Sorry dave, but not true. The PSN is staying free, but they are adding a paid feature that just has additional stuff.

My friends list normally has at least 5-6 people on, and the online games have loads of extra people there. Its true you cant directly invite people onto games mind, though you just message them and get them on. It takes 30 seconds.

That sounds like the Xbox live silver account to me, which is free.

There's also NATAL which is out in November, that could be a gamechanger.

Other reasons are the framerate issues with PS3 when it comes to the ported 360 games. Bayonetta the most recent example of a game being almost unplayable on PS3, but perfectly fine on 360.

I have an itch to get a PS3 mind, but i'm perfectly happy with a 360.

Except its got features closer to the Gold, the whole 'Ability to participate in multiplayer online gaming' thing.

As for Natal, if they have gotten over the whole 'cant read coloured people' thing then it should be ace. If they can make it work as they claim.

Oh and games ported, the ones I have played have been more than fine.

The 360 is nearer the wireless then the PS3
What?

I've never had an XBox or a 360, but I have played games on both and prefer the PS3. The controller is the most perfectly designed I've ever used (even though they, as Belty said, feel fragile) and you get a Blu Ray player into the bargain.

As for games, there hasn't been a 360 exclusive that has made me jealous of not being able to play it, although the GTA IV spin-offs did annoy me (but not to the point I regret not having a 360), but there are PS3 exclusives that I would buy the system just to play.

Guest Dr. ZERO

It's all down to preference really, because they're both very competant consoles that offer generally the same thing and aren't called "The Nintendo Wii".

What swayed me towards the 360 was the price (back when I got it there was a real noticable difference between the two) and the selection of games. To go into a little bit of detail of the online features, there's a wide selection of arcade and full versions of Xbox360 games all downloadable from the marketprice, special offers and discounts appear each week and they also give you game-related news, articles and videos. Allowing you to voice-chat with up to eight buddies all at once no matter what game your playing is probably a big thing that stands out for me.

Generally, from what I've heard, people on Xbox Live are more chatty, you'll get much more vocal interactions online. Though, of course, this isn't always a good thing, haha!

Unfortunately, I've not played a PS3 enough to know what features it has online, but, if I wasn't poor and scummy, I'd probably get one just for Little Big Planet, and the blue ray player thingy. From my understanding, the PS3 is (or was) cheaper than any stand alone blue ray players you could buy.

Edited by Dr. ZERO

What?

I've never had an XBox or a 360, but I have played games on both and prefer the PS3. The controller is the most perfectly designed I've ever used (even though they, as Belty said, feel fragile) and you get a Blu Ray player into the bargain.

As for games, there hasn't been a 360 exclusive that has made me jealous of not being able to play it, although the GTA IV spin-offs did annoy me (but not to the point I regret not having a 360), but there are PS3 exclusives that I would buy the system just to play.

The 360 is nearer the BT homehub then the PS3.

Like Zero said it's down to personal preference. We like Xbox much better than the PS/3, which in this house is just a box to play blu rays and Metal Gear Solid. Xbox live is phenomenal, there is always a game going with friends involved and you can join in or create your own team. We've found PSN a major pain and full of 12 year olds. Also when you have to pay for the service your probably more serious about gaming. It's not expensive at $75.00 a year, well worth the price.

But of course it's what you prefer and both have their pro's and con's.

Like Zero said it's down to personal preference. We like Xbox much better than the PS/3, which in this house is just a box to play blu rays and Metal Gear Solid. Xbox live is phenomenal, there is always a game going with friends involved and you can join in or create your own team. We've found PSN a major pain and full of 12 year olds. Also when you have to pay for the service your probably more serious about gaming. It's not expensive at $75.00 a year, well worth the price.

But of course it's what you prefer and both have their pro's and con's.

I find more kids on xbox then PS3 and more people quit when playing xbox.

You have been lucky lol.

Guest Tommate2k9

Okay, so the reason people say LIVE is better than PSN is because of there services provided. And thats it. for example LIVE(Gold) has cross game chat, party chat. Where as PSN doesnt have that.

PSN was looked down because of the lack of content on the PSN store ect. Where as PSN doesn't have that. Since early 2009 the PSN has really been sorted out and is much better than when it 1st started.

Fact is LIVE is been closely compared to something that is free, which shouldn't be happening. It should be "LIVE is dominant end of". But that's not the case. It's an argument between which on is better.

I sold my 360 and got a PS3 instead. I do like xbox 360's but i find that PS3 as much better built (they last MUCH longer, i had to replace my xbox twice in a year... had my PS3 now for over a year and i'v had no problems) PS3 has the blu-ray, the controllers are rechargeable from stock, PS3 has wireless built in. Sometimes you get extra content on the PS3 games, nothing amazing but for example SVR 2009 had the WM 24 main event match on the disk.

The only reason i would want an xbox 360 now is for it exclusives like gears of war, mass effect, crackdown and XBLA. Just a few things of the top of my head.

The

Okay, so the reason people say LIVE is better than PSN is because of there services provided. And thats it. for example LIVE(Gold) has cross game chat, party chat. Where as PSN doesnt have that.

PSN was looked down because of the lack of content on the PSN store ect. Where as PSN doesn't have that. Since early 2009 the PSN has really been sorted out and is much better than when it 1st started.

Fact is LIVE is been closely compared to something that is free, which shouldn't be happening. It should be "LIVE is dominant end of". But that's not the case. It's an argument between which on is better.

I sold my 360 and got a PS3 instead. I do like xbox 360's but i find that PS3 as much better built (they last MUCH longer, i had to replace my xbox twice in a year... had my PS3 now for over a year and i'v had no problems) PS3 has the blu-ray, the controllers are rechargeable from stock, PS3 has wireless built in. Sometimes you get extra content on the PS3 games, nothing amazing but for example SVR 2009 had the WM 24 main event match on the disk.

The only reason i would want an xbox 360 now is for it exclusives like gears of war, mass effect, crackdown and XBLA. Just a few things of the top of my head.

The

The cross game and party chat is a great feature that your right PSN doesn't have. I love Xbox live and play it all the time so does my kid, we never play the PSN.

It also depends on where your friends are. Most of my son's friends are on Xbox live, hardly any of them own a PS/3 and those that do never play on PSN.

Oh and TGO there are lots of 12 year olds on Live also but they usually bow out early and leave the serious gamers to get on with it.

As I said before, it is a personal preference. Most people that own a PS/3 will say it's a better system than anything else, most don't even own an Xbox, same with the Xbox owners.

We own both and if I had to make a choice to keep one, it would be the 360 any day of the week. The blu ray player doesn't really mean anything to me and doesn't push the PS/3 over the edge like it does for some.

We've had no problems with either system and I can tell you the Xbox gets the most game play.

I get pains in my hand using the Xbox controller...

I'm not paying to get arthritis!

I get this when playing with Playstation controllers ever since I migrated from the PS2 to the 360. But at least it wasn't as bad as the first gen X-Box Controller... Man that was a beast.

Anyway, my 2 cents, get a 360. Now, I haven't exactly used a PS3 ever, but I don't feel that I ever need to because there's only one game on the console that I'd want to play and that's Heavy Rain.

I ****ing hate the PS3 controler! It's freaking tiny as hell and the joystick thingy is small and fragile. I do love the X-Box controler, hence why I have an X-Box 360.

I have all three and lets talk about the least played first ...the Wii what a waste of money that was truly awful.

OK PS3 OR XBOX360.

I play the Xbox a lot more than the PS3 , I can't explain why, neither is bad that is for sure. When a game comes out, last one being Darksiders that is on both consoles, I always plump for the XBOX one . I have found more exclusives on the XBOX if I am honest but both have their own exclusives which are worth buying the console for. You won't be disappointed with either choice. One point which someone said I am on my third XBOX and still my first PS3 but each time it has been replaced for free, and I do play my xbox at least three times more, but it certainly does have a deserved rep for being prone to RROD.