Fan Clubs | beta

PS3 or 360: What do I buy?

TPIB

To go into a little bit of detail of the online features, there's a wide selection of arcade and full versions of Xbox360 games all downloadable from the marketprice, special offers and discounts appear each week and they also give you game-related news, articles and videos.
PSN allows you to do all of that as well, with classic PSOne titles on there to download if you so desire, PSN exclusive titles and a raft of other little bits and pieces.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have all 3 current gen consoles, I find myself playing my Xbox 360 a hell of a lot more than the PS3. The last time I bought a game avaliable on both platforms for PS3 was when Batman: Arkham Asylum came out, just 'cause I wanted to play as The Joker. I always usually go for the 360 version of cross-platform games.

Live, to me, is just a bit more active. There's always people chatting and it never seems as dull as when I play on the PSN. Even my brother, who strictly plays on the PS3, says the PSN can be pretty dull, 'cause it's only usually him and his friends chatting.

Recently, one of my friends bought a 360, after having a PS3 for a good while. He's loving it, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he loves Xbox Live. And Live, for him, has the how indie game feature, as he's studying to become a games developer and he's currently working on a game for the indie section of Xbox Live right now.

There's also the amount of stuff avaliable in the Marketplace. The range of classic game avaliable is great, especially when compared to the PS3, there's tonnes of them. Sony really p*ssed me off with the PSN when they had Silent Hill on there for about a day, and then took it off. I think the PSN Store could be better, thought it really has improved from what it was, I think it just needs more content, especially in the PS One Classics section. The only games on the PSN I'd buy are Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Metal Gear Solid.

For me, personally, the PS3 is an glorified blu-ray player - this doesn't mean to say it's bad, it just means I use it to watch Blu-Ray films more.

Also, controller size, I much prefer the 360 controller. It feels solid and I like the weight, where as with the PS3 one, it just feels too light. I've got small hands, so you'd think the PS3 would be suited to me, but I just find it really uncomfortable, especially when using the analogue sticks. It always feels like it's going to slip through my hands.

In the end, I like both consoles, but for gaming, 360 wins out always. So, if you want it for gaming, I'd say get the Xbox 360. But if you want a general entertainment system, get the PS3. Either way, you probably wont be disappointed, as both consoles have their merits.

One of the more overlooked aspects of the PS3, well, it's controller, for me is how well implemented the six-axis is on a lot of games. It's brilliant on Heavenly Sword and, while a small thing, it's a nice small thing to have available.

Which did you buy GS? and are you happy with your choice?

I became unemployed around the time the thread was closed and I thought that if I got a console I'd just be playing on it all the time instead of job hunting. So I decided against getting one.

But when I do get my act together it's a slim PS3 definately.

I'd slap down a vote for the PS3 as I have one myself but truth be told I only really bought it for certain exclusive games.

Exclusive games like the Metal Gear & Final Fantasy Series..which are no longer exclusive incidently.

So yeah, looking at it logically, you could buy either and have enough fun.