Fan Clubs | beta

Thor

DC

I'm guessing the scenes in Asgard may be worth a look in 3D, but that alone doesn't justify the extra expense. I don't think 3D would actually add anything to the film other than a 5 minute "ooh fancy" factor when it first starts up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch it in 3D as I felt the film didn't need it (as opposed to Avatar, which had the 3D be as much a part of the film as the script, actors, etc). Nimf and I saw it for £6.70 as she had a student discount card and I had a free ticket voucher, whereas it would've been £10 each for the 3D tickets.

EDIT - There's links to many other characters in the Marvel Universe which amused me. Dr. Strange, Iron Man (the line when The Destroyer arrives is perfectly delivered) and The Incredible Hulk, while the post-credit sequence sets up The Avengers perfectly also.

Edited by DC

I missed the extra scene at the end...so had to find out what it was. Here is what happened for anyone else that missed it, courtesy of MovieStinger:

Just like Iron Man 2 had a stinger after the credits setting up Thor, there is an extra scene after the credits of Thor that contains major spoilers.

We see Dr. Selvig (Stellan Skarsgård) meeting with Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), who is standing in front of a table with a large metal case on it.

They discuss the latest discoveries that Selvig and his team have made in relation to alternate universes and Fury asks for his advice in regards to the contents of the case: the Tesseract/Cosmic Cube. When Selvig asks what is it, Fury responds that it is a source of immense power. The camera pans back to Selvig, and a reflection reveals that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) is in fact now possessing Selvig.

Loki/Selvig responds: ”Well, I guess that’s worth a look…”

Which is strange - you'd have thought that given that Captain America is the next film out in July that it would springboard to that which would then be the perfect lead into the Avengers film.

Saw the film today in 3D - I'm not one for the gimmick but the Odeon in Rochdale only really had that version showing and the ticket price was the same by and large the cost of the glasses.

It was very, very, very well done, they adapted the hardest story out of the original Avenger members origins really well and Hemsworth was excellent as Thor.

The film was beautiful in 3D as well, like I say I'm not a huge fan of it as I feel it is just a gimmick but they did a great job here.

Final note - I still love Natalie Portman - sodding ballet dancer getting her pregnant! She could have been mine!

Well maybe not but still!

Which is strange - you'd have thought that given that Captain America is the next film out in July that it would springboard to that which would then be the perfect lead into the Avengers film.
With Captain America being set in World War II, the post-credit scene in Thor is what's happening in the modern day, so they can get away with it.

I imagine the end/post-credit scene of Captain America will also lead directly into it, maybe even have The Avengers assemble as the closing shot.

True but the majority of the film will be WWII era Captain, like DC says the modern day stuff will be the segway into the Avengers film no doubt.

Gotta say that I love the fact that Marvel control over their franchises and doing the films how they should be done. If only the Fantastic Four could be re-booted, but of course we will now need another Johnny Storm given the fact that he is now, well, Captain America.

Did anyone else mark out slightly when a certain character appeared in Thor as well?

Hawkeye

Goosebumps.

Guest Sparrow
With Captain America being set in World War II, the post-credit scene in Thor is what's happening in the modern day, so they can get away with it.

Cap spoiler:

I am 90% that atleast the ending of Cap is going to be set in modern day.

I imagine the end/post-credit scene of Captain America will also lead directly into it, maybe even have The Avengers assemble as the closing shot.

I don't know how I would feel about that. I don't think I would want to see them before The Avengers, loads of reasons, I would not want to see Iron Man and Cap get together straight away, I wanna see some tension and I don't think that could be captured in a post credit scene. I don't know, I really would just rather a little moment like Thor and Iron Man rather then the whole team getting together.

Did anyone else mark out slightly when a certain character appeared in Thor as well?

Hawkeye

Goosebumps.

*high five* Hell yeah. Those 2 mInutes had me marking out big time!!

On the subject of Cap, shouldn't his movie end with him frozen and defrosted like the Iron Man special features alluded to?

Edited by dsrchris

Hopefully given that quite a few of the actors are signed up on multi film deals we could see a sequel after the Avengers film...

But seen as Portman will be producing the evil spawn of her future husband this summer and tends to hate doing sequels (Star Wars being the only series she has done) we may not see her - maybe they'll cover Sif and Thor's relationship and Sif's pained and unrequited love for him.

Guest Sparrow
Hopefully given that quite a few of the actors are signed up on multi film deals we could see a sequel after the Avengers film...

From what I heard a before Thor came out when Chris Hemsworth was doing the press rounds, he has signed up for six movies (Of course that is subject to box office and reception of the movies) which will be a 50/50 split, three Thor movies and three Avengers movies. So I am guessing all the other lead Superheros got the same deal.

Guest Seraphina

Saw it on Monday. Liked it.

It's one of those "just switch off and enjoy it" movies. Doesn't require too much serious thought, just non-stop motion from start to end :) I can't recall any part of the movie, in fact, where it stops moving. There's always something going on, be it an action scene, moving the plot forward, or just...well, okay, more action scenes...but that's just fine for a superhero movie.

I might have prefered if they had spent a little more time in Azgard, and had a little more time for the other gods. But meh, I can't complain, especially since it was really just a set-up movie for the Thor character. Either way, enjoyed it :)

Oh, on the downside the only version showing in my local cinema was the 3D version, so I had to fork out extra money for it. For those with the choice, don't bother. The 3D didn't really add anything to it at all. I can't even remember that many movements where I was really aware of the 3D effect.