Fan Clubs | beta

Thor

DC

wasn't donald blake a really average looking man though? Hemsworth looks too buff in the picture of him picking the hammer out the rock.
From what I've read, he's not going to be Donald Blake from the comics, just have elements of him in the character.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Davros
Looks good. I have to say though the first thing I thought when I saw Chris Hemsworth was that someone must have cloned Heath Ledger.

She was mentioned on the first page (along with a video of her talking about the movie). :lol

But but...

Thor as a character just sends me to sleep, so I probably skipped it. Besides, Natalie Portman couldn't save the wooden performance of old Anakin, I doubt she can save my disinterest in Thor as a character, but would be a nice aside if I get dragged to the movie. :)

• 4 months later...
I think the shots of Asgard could be awesome in 3D. I must say, though, I do prefer it when a technology like the switch to colour in Wizard of Oz or the way 3D is only used in Tron Legacy when we're inside the mainframe.

See now Tron I could understand the whole 3D thing being used. I just think for once I'd like a big budget movie not to throw in shots just to take advantage of 3D. 3D is just making big budget film makers lazier than they already are.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The film is out this weekend (actually, it's out now) and Nimf and I have already booked our tickets. To whet your appetite, here's a *AHEM* deleted scene for you all to enjoy.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x165/dravencage/Thorgif.gif

I've seen it!

It's pretty good actually. But then I'm not up on my Thor, so no doubt it'd make the fanboys cry?

What surprises me most is that the TV spots they're showing to advertise it over here make the film look a damn sight worse than it is.

EDIT: I recommend not bothering with 3D. It was all done in post production, and there's nothing really that made me say "oooh, I wish I'd have paid for the 3D to see THAT bit!"

Guest Sparrow
I saw it in 3D last Thursday and I must say that Thor and when I watched Green Hornet earlier in the year it has changed my view on 3D and I think it made the film great!

I'm with dsr on the 3D - totally pointless, just like Clash of the Titans.

I was only planning on watching Thor on DVD but since I've seen quite a few good reviews I ended up going to the cinema. Thought it was OK nothing special.

I really enjoyed Thor, got a kick out of the mid-movie cameo and the post-credit scene, amused Nimf with various geek-outs (trinkets, weapons, etc, from other Marvel characters appearing on-screen) and was impressed how the more outlandish elements of Thor were melded into the established Marvel universe they've created.
I'm not watching anything in 3D anymore unless that's how it was filmed. I'm fed up of this cr*ppy post production bullish*t.
I'm with dsr on the 3D - totally pointless, just like Clash of the Titans
All the special effects shots were storyboarded and filmed in 3D, so a lot of it was filmed in 3D and not post-converted. Edited by DC